GM "Chams"

What's up with basically 70% of the CF population using what people are calling "chams," apparently, that allow people to see ghosts. Is it because crossfire stores the variables in such an open way, that people are able to just access those player position variables, and locate a ghost for you by representation?

Pretty much every day there's a daily mission or 2 including GM, but I can't do it because too many defenders are using these hacks. I wish that I wouldn't be seen as a ghost, sitting in the most random spot.

What happens is that you can be sitting/standing in a spot, and not move for a long time. Then, defenders, even from half-way across the map, will just start staring at you, and then they'll shoot you to death. They had NO signs of you being there, because they're too far to hear breathing. You were not moving at all, yet they still manage to "guess" you're there.

Sadly the votekick system in CF is totally corrupt, where people will kick each other for non-kickable reasons, yet accuse them of hacking when they aren't, and those people will be kicked. Yet when you propose to kick a REAL hacker, everyone denies, at least on the team the true hacker is on.

Can CF / Z8-Games-Production Team just create a report button.. because kicking people, even in the 0.00001% chance it will go through on a real hacker, will do nothing, since that hacker will just join another game. Plus, it is too troublesome for people to actually report a hacker, having to provide 2-3 screenshots and a replay. Anyone else have comments on this?

Comments