How CF could get rid of "some" of the hacks

Veryangry.gif How CF could get rid of "some" of the hacks Uzi.gif

We all know how much of a burden it is sometimes to report a hacker. Most of the time your to P'd off to be their babysitter and give them their little timeout by reporting them. What if CF could do this:

9ucec6.jpg

busted.jpg

That's right 1 random/routine screenshot of each players screen every 2-3 days. (1 screenshot everyday of each player would be overwhelming.)

The screenshot could then be sent to Z8Games along with the players info of course.

Crying Ceased. Q_Q silenced. Hackusation threads...Poof fiesta.gif

Common responses expected for this thread:

R: Z8 doesn't have the manpower to run an operation such as this.

A: An option may be to appoint people to carry it out. Personally I think it would be much more effective than shuffling through false replay reports.

R: Z8 doesn't have the space/storage to harbor all these screenshots.

A: Lower the required quality/resolution of the screenshot. Which than dramatically lowers the space required to store them.

R: This won't get rid of hacks such as No recoil or Aimbot...

A: Which is why "some" was emphasized this will get rid of chammers, wallhackers, box framers, etc. (Blatant hacks)

Discuss. :)

Comments

• U iz smart man, z8 staff would not bother looking at the screen shots, just as they do not bother with the replays.
  • actually you can catch the aimbot the person who gets ss'ed could be looking at the aimbotter
  • Crying Ceased. Q_Q silenced. Hackusation threads...Poof

We all know that won't happen. EVER.
  • U_U wrote: »
    U iz smart man, z8 staff would not bother looking at the screen shots, just as they do not bother with the replays.

Which Is why this is less time consuming and more effective because:

1. They don't have to watch a whole replay cause the Rewind/Fast forward function doesn't work.

2. Waste their time on false reports.

3. Makes their job alot easier. Instead of staring at a replay they just click next.
  • Phillybear wrote: »
    We all know that won't happen. EVER.

We all know that should've been translated into portuguese ;) :cool:
  • Ignore me. My comment adds 0 value to this thread.
  • +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

100% agree. GREAT idea. Kind of a opposite of a "anti hack" program that randomly takes screenshots on your screen to prove for future use you weren't hacking.

I really would hope that the Z8 Staff can see this.
  • omGSLICk wrote: »
    lol bad idea z8 wont bother they 2 busy improving the game (XD THEY KRAP) subagames were wey better agree ?

Just cause they won't bother doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad idea.
  • give me those walls:) jk jk jk

this is a smart idea but isnt it like going through ur privacy?
  • omGSLICk wrote: »
    aggre subagames better ?

No.

Just GTFO now there is no difference whatsoever. Both of them are just portals.

Ignorant child. :rolleyes:
  • It's an awesome idea, the trash behind this game won't be arsed to pay mexicans to look at pictures all day.
  • I liek this idea, kind of a Punkbuster for CF. I would even be down to help sift through these screenshots (used to do it back in the SoF2 days, once every couple days go through about 1000 SS and just record names and md5#s down and no more of them in server)
  • You think this a good idea?
    You be the volunteer to look at over 100000 screenshots a month.

I lol'd that could be done with like 10 people...If you want it to be a walk in the park 100 people.

Rather that than over 10000 replays that you can't rewind or forward.... Oh, did something happen there? - I don't know for sure, let's watch the entire 20 rounds again!
  • its not like looking at SS is hard or troublesome, with PB in SoF2, all the SS went to a folder, in those folders were sub-folders that were dated, all SS in folders got numbered numerically.

Steps

1. Open Folder
    2. Go to date
    3. Click first SS
    4. Hit right arrow till find Hack SS
    5. Write down number of SS
    6. Report the numbers to proper admin and they will do rest of work.

Its not hard at all, plus I'm bored on the comp a lot at work just surfing the net, this will give me something to do.
  • I lol'd that could be done with like 10 people...If you want it to be a walk in the park 100 people.

Great idea, just hire 100 people! Lets go ahead and say wherever they are, minimum wage is $1, which it more than likely isn't. Now, we pay $100 an hour, for people to find a few wallers that is going to clean up the cheaters by maybe, 30%?

We're saying its done once ever 2-3 days, lets go with 3. That's about 10 times a month, maybe 2 hours a day if each person is going through 1000 screenshots. Thats $2000 a month we're paying to clean up SOME hackers, who can just go make a new account in 3 minutes and start hacking again.

Being realistic, I don't think theres anywhere in Canada with a $1 minimum wage, its more likely $6-7 at LEAST.

Result: $15000 a month to clean up a small percent of hackers. Not to mention you've gotta pull 100 computers that can be used weekly outta your ass as well.

EDIT: Totally forgot, all that is just to look at the screenshots. Probably about an extra hour a day for the actual banning/sending. Theres another $5000 about. (might be wrong, i just guesstimated)
  • Great idea, just hire 100 people! Lets go ahead and say wherever they are, minimum wage is $1, which it more than likely isn't. Now, we pay $100 an hour, for people to find a few wallers that is going to clean up the cheaters by maybe, 30%?

We're saying its done once ever 2-3 days, lets go with 3. That's about 10 times a month, maybe 2 hours a day if each person is going through 1000 screenshots. Thats $2000 a month we're paying to clean up SOME hackers, who can just go make a new account in 3 minutes and start hacking again.

Being realistic, I don't think theres anywhere in Canada with a $1 minimum wage, its more likely $6-7 at LEAST.

Result: $15000 a month to clean up a small percent of hackers. Not to mention you've gotta pull 100 computers that can be used weekly outta your ass as well.

EDIT: Totally forgot, all that is just to look at the screenshots. Probably about an extra hour a day for the actual banning/sending. Theres another $5000 about. (might be wrong, i just guesstimated)

I would (as many other people) volunteer "hands down" to do this. You obviously don't report much do you?
  • Hmmm. I said i would VOLENTEER to look at SS, it takes about an hour a day to look thru ALOT of SS. and if there were more people than me to take an hour of not playing a video game, and in turn make it better for more, I would say thats a +1 for Karma
  • Great idea, just hire 100 people! Lets go ahead and say wherever they are, minimum wage is $1, which it more than likely isn't. Now, we pay $100 an hour, for people to find a few wallers that is going to clean up the cheaters by maybe, 30%?

I would volunteer to do this every once in a while while im working... i dont need money and i bet if Z8 just gave a little ZP ( Costs them nothing ) tons of players would volunteer to do the work for Free
    This would now only cost them A made up currency and get rid of a fair amount of wallers. And normally when you got aimbot you got walls...
  • I would (as many other people) volunteer "hands down" to do this. You obviously don't report much do you?

Yeah, you'd volunteer, then immature kids are going to start banning people they don't like, BOOM you've got another problem.

Z8 isn't going to spend the time to look into finding mature people to do this, not to mention you're going to have to be taking thousands of screenshots into your hard drive, it'll fill fast.
    You also suggest its done every 2-3 days. Finding people that CAN give up 2-3 hours every few days that are ALSO mature enough to handle it, AND have a decent enough PC to take Gigs of screenshots a week (though they can be deleted, somewhat timetaking), isn't gonna be easy.

No I don't report at all, nor do I even play this trash game anymore.
  • Yeah, you'd volunteer, then immature kids are going to start banning people they don't like, BOOM you've got another problem.

Z8 isn't going to spend the time to look into finding mature people to do this, not to mention you're going to have to be taking thousands of screenshots into your hard drive, it'll fill fast.
    You also suggest its done every 2-3 days. Finding people that CAN give up 2-3 hours every few days that are ALSO mature enough to handle it, AND have a decent enough PC to take Gigs of screenshots a week (though they can be deleted, somewhat timetaking), isn't gonna be easy.

Read one of my previous posts sir. You will see how system SHOULD work
  • SPAZZ3R wrote: »
    I would volunteer to do this every once in a while while im working... i dont need money and i bet if Z8 just gave a little ZP ( Costs them nothing ) tons of players would volunteer to do the work for Free
    This would now only cost them A made up currency and get rid of a fair amount of wallers. And normally when you got aimbot you got walls...

Offering ZP would be asking for 9 year olds to do the job.

"Hmmm, it'd be pretty funny if I sent in a report that Malte chammed huh?"
  • Yeah, you'd volunteer, then immature kids are going to start banning people they don't like, BOOM you've got another problem.

You are not going to be the ones who bans you stupid idiot. You look over the screenshot. Send the screenshot number to an "admin". (Narrowing down the search is you job.) They're the ones who do the ban. Lets see if your dumbass can flame that.
  • You are not going to be the ones who bans you stupid idiot. You look over the screenshot. Send the screenshot number to an "admin". (Narrowing down the search is you job.) They're the ones who do the ban.

see at least SOMEBODY sees where the rest of us were going with this.

lol ninja edit Nephires
  • You are not going to be the ones who bans you stupid idiot. You look over the screenshot. Send the screenshot number to an "admin". (Narrowing down the search is you job.) They're the ones who do the ban.

I know you don't do the ban, you send in the report though. And lets be honest, is Z8 going to take the time to do that?

They're a business, not gaming fanatics. Kids complain about cheaters everyday and still buy more ZP's worth than I'll probably see in the next 3 years, daily. The money is moving in fast, why waste hours of their time chronically to satisfy your customers a little bit more.

Open your eyes and be realistic, this isn't going to happen.
  • I know you don't do the ban, you send in the report though. And lets be honest, is Z8 going to take the time to do that?

They're a business, not gaming fanatics. Kids complain about cheaters everyday and still buy more ZP's worth than I'll probably see in the next 3 years, daily. The money is moving in fast, why waste hours of their time chronically to satisfy your customers a little bit more.

Open your eyes and be realistic, this isn't going to happen.

Do you have friends or do you sit like this? hkhjlkj.jpg in other words get optimistic you dumbass lol.
  • Kirby always has Good idea's
    Now peepz, support him!