RANKED MAP POOL CHANGES

Hello CF community,
Having experienced two seasons of the “hot map of the week” system. I wish to give my honest opinion about the system and how I think we can do to better/change it.

It has came across a handful of the players that I know of who had complained about “having to play the same map over and over”, because certain maps have been selected as the hot map of the week. I personally agreed with them since if you are repeatedly on the same map, not only does it cause boredom in our players’ mind, it also does not facilitate or is not healthy for players’ skill improvement. And I will give one example based upon my own experience of playing the maps.

Currently Mexico-T is one of the maps in the pool and I believe (and I think the community also has a consensus on this) it is a map that overtly favours the GR side. There was one week when this map was selected as hot map and it appeared in almost every single one of my ranked games. Despite having been successful a few rounds on BL, I’ve found a profoundly biased winrate on this map and it had made me stop playing the game in general for that week, because I knew if I were to queue up for a ranked game I’m just gonna get to play this map.

My suggestion is that we bring back the hot match system rather than having a hot map of the week, because I think this new system has not met what it was intended for. A hot map was intended for a gain of higher ranked points upon victory, but it has become the burden of most of the players to face the same map over the course of SEVEN days in a week.

Another suggestion is that we could introduce a new system where we still retain the concept of a weekly hot map. I would like to bring my suggestion forward by fixing all of the CFS maps (namely Black Widow, Sub Base, Compound, Mexico, Eagle Eye, Ankara and Port) Then have our community vote for the maps they want to add to these maps that are not tournament maps. These popular non-T maps will then be added and rotated each week, and if you play on these weekly rotations of the community-voted maps, you will gain bonus exp, GP or ranked points etc.

This is just a personal approach I hope it made sense to most of you and if you like it please leave a comment and thumbs up thanks!