Important Notice: Usage of Macro programs

Attention Mercenaries,

As mentioned in the Terms and Conditions at 6. Your Responsibilities, xvii.:
"You agree that you may not access or use the Service to:
  • Use, develop or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications in violation of any software license agreement;"

We will now actively be blocking said macro programs and if those programs are detected, an error message will be displayed and you will be kicked from the game.

Please make sure to close any auto clickers or similar programs you might use for other applications than CrossFire before you open the game.

Thank you for your understanding,

CrossFire Team

Comments

• svergnyty
    edited June 2023
    Today is not joke day then are you joking like that? 4 clans have been quietly playing with macros for 3-4 years, there are some clans that are through the sandbox with new accounts promote individual players on the rating of games .
    Why was the ability to save the replay removed from the zombie mod?, Why is there no way to save the replay in the WAVE ? Each new zombie map is accompanied by afk bots, I can’t save the replay because it’s closed, and shooting with separate programs in order to send the replay is a mockery.
    And why is the administration and support everywhere working on weekends, but not here, weekends are the peak of cheaters !!!!
  • If you drive a crossfire on YouTube, you will immediately find a video with cheats , At the time of writing this comment, the video is already 2 hours old, this is a direct mockery of this later 
  • if your mouse has a wheel which can adjust the speed of rotation I shall put fire on the mouse wheel would this be considered a macro ?
  • 1) if the mouse is equipped with an inertia wheel, so it can adjust the speed I set fire to the mouse wheel, it is considered to be a macro ?
    2) and how do you distinguish CPS (clicks per second) pro users from macros ??
  • @svergnyty
    If you set mouse scroll click to fire when press the wheel, is ok, 1 click = 1 fire ( tho is unusual and harder to click middle button or wheel instead of using left click ) 

BUT if you set mouse wheel move as to fire at each rotation step resulting many weapon fires while you rotate the wheel = the effect in game is the same as using a macro on left click.
    So it doesn't matter what you press: a button, a mouse click or rotate a wheel = if the result is many actions in game -> is not allowed.
    I'm sure you already got the idea.

AND "pro" CPS are able to do fast clicks / seconds ONLY when keep the mouse steady, is humanly not possible to do a huge amount of clicks / second while also moving the mouse in order to keep the crosshair on your target ( as example those online page to test your CPS skills don't require to move mouse in order to follow a moving target - so you can reach indeed high CPS score but is not a real in game combat situation ).

How support is making the difference between normal mouse left click usage and abnormal rate of fire is not a public info, they won't let us know for obvious reason.
    Gamer since 1997
  • Your interest made me very happy! I wish you success.

Don't be sugar in anyone's cup of tea,
    because after the sugar melts, you're done
    Life is good.....
  • Finally some improvement, now let's just wait for ping issue repair and no recoil users banned and this game would be finally playable.

• Quake444
    edited June 2023
    svergnyty said:
    1) if the mouse is equipped with an inertia wheel, so it can adjust the speed I set fire to the mouse wheel, it is considered to be a macro ?
    1. most macro users use specific guns only, and only with them.

2. you cps you cant hold up for every round or 1 minute completly through your hand/fingers get tired at some time.

3. just listen to the specific players in 1st mentioned, you can hear when they shoot on their own the sound in an area you dont need to see them directly, and when from 5-6 shots with a rather high delay between, it switches to a pistol with a higher fire rate then the premium gatling gun you know hes just activated his macro.

and for your other question what gets counted as macro, newer mouses mostly have a own programm from their company to set DPI/mouse lightning/ mouse precision ( what you can normally just set directly over microsoft settings) into 1 programm but theres mostly a other site/function  where you can record lets say how you press left mouse button and release it, and you can change the input of that and how it will repeat itself (what mostly is for single player games designed/thought to use if you want to play some click spam games like a old one lets say cookie clicker), but abusing it in a multiplayer game is a diffrence, since like i said you could with using that function of the programm literally to turn a pistol in a faster firing gatling gun. 

No one could keep this CPS up for Match after match so its really easy to hear the macro users from 5 shots in 10 seconds and only dying they start the next round with a pistol gatling gun arround. When back the m1a1 carbine was a zp crate and got some years later removed i loved this gun but sometimes even i "sucked on a straw) sometimes i could click really fast but in a permanent battle your hand/fingers get at some point tired and your CPS goes automaticly goes down, but when you got someone with it it was fun since that gun was a rarity and weaker then anything, its still today but now you just need gp to get it, like many older diffrent guns RSH12/AK12S/stakeout firewall etc. but  most of the stuff comes in free crates or gp crates back.

i try to add 3 images to show what i mean with the programm though if it works now to add a link

1st screen that is the normal setting area on how fast your mouse should react/work ( its seperate for everyones preffered feeling there isnt a problem with that)

https://ibb.co/0mR7Q5r

2.nd screenshot is where you see the right side of it where you could turn a pistol into a better GG and thats a macro and easy to hear out and what in my opinion should be accepted to get reported as cheating years ago, but thats something diffrent. on the left side of my mouses  attached/delivered porgramm are the windows settings but for comfort its changable in the programm so you dont need to go to windows settings first.

https://ibb.co/YQ3j7XH

and 3rd screen is just the changable settings for the mouse led lights

https://ibb.co/stBL0Hx

that are the direct links, need to see if i can direct link them. ps. tried to directly link them with preview but since the new forum design it wont work for me anymore, i either just get a link where starts with forum.crossfire or the image url function onces the link inserted just closes instantly and shows now image, but there are the 3 links in general to explain the best on how its easy to detect them per sound and what is a macro or better said what gets counted as such

• Finally some improvement, now let's just wait for ping issue repair and no recoil users banned and this game would be finally playable.

and some Officiall staff members actually going into random games, tried 2 days again a game, ping issue was mostly fixed, but literally in my team joined a cheater within first 2 rounds he ran with a sniper arround did 12-0 K/D and while spectating him and calling him out he couldnt even get 1 more kill anymore not even 6 kills each round anymore, he didnt hide that he was using an aimbot, but when i called him out or better said made a kik vote on him i saw that he teamed up with someone but on the enemy team was a friend of his, that told him directly when the vote was, so i made till end of that game just fun of him then xD, since his first 2 rounds dont matched up on how he walked arround the map in general neither his stats or the created account date, but i made him to the end of the round rage enough so i had my fun over him without supporting a cheater xD.
  • Quake444
    edited June 2023
    svergnyty said:
    Today is not joke day then are you joking like that? 4 clans have been quietly playing with macros for 3-4 years, there are some clans that are through the sandbox with new accounts promote individual players on the rating of games .
    Why was the ability to save the replay removed from the zombie mod?, Why is there no way to save the replay in the WAVE ? Each new zombie map is accompanied by afk bots, I can’t save the replay because it’s closed, and shooting with separate programs in order to send the replay is a mockery.
    And why is the administration and support everywhere working on weekends, but not here, weekends are the peak of cheaters !!!!
    sry i missed that the statement over clans in clan wars is nothing new, my clan died out literally where the old "anti cheat" was running and after 1 minute were already new cheats online, we mostly played some years back only S&D/Mutation mode or ranked S&D, but there was the literally same, some clans back then openly in the forum recruiting were running arround with cheats there not only in ranked/clan wars but even in Mutation modes and hero mode was the freshest there, you had to hope to find 1 room without a cheater in general in that mode, but yeah it can be new for for you but if youre playing longer CF its no news, thats why i often in some posts said the mods and official staff should join games, since when a normal player reports a account it could take still months until they got banned (and im talking about reports where they were still running under the maps arround or flying above the map borders arround with 10x the standard mutant G key speed, and why i stopped bothering with replay reporting in general)

i was away and i forgot it to add that on, but just as info for you its for older real accounts nothing new, for me because of that is literally their promoted players or staff itself should go into random games everytime, but when i realized to write this it was to late to add it on the other answer from me so it was my bad, but just to let you know
  • [MOD]ShadowRo
    edited June 2023
    @Quake444

Image direct link is something like http:// something.something / etc (optional)..etc / image . jpg <- it must have entire name of the image.extension at the end of the web address. 

What you posted are "short links" , are used by most websites to display your image inside a webpage where they usually add some ads around.

BUT after you upload the image and open on your browser using the link provided by the hosting service -> right click on the image -> copy image address / OR open image on a new tab - this will provide you the correct link you need to use inside any forum.

That is why i use imgur . com - > after uplod, when click on the image they provide you few different image links and you copy the one you need.

* See direct link ends with image . png

P.S. I understand some players don't  like to use imgur , or like to use other services that allow faster image creation and upload, anyway whatever is the reason -> just copy the right direct image link will do the trick.

Gamer since 1997
  • @svergnyty
    If you set mouse scroll click to fire when press the wheel, is ok, 1 click = 1 fire ( tho is unusual and harder to click middle button or wheel instead of using left click ) 

BUT if you set mouse wheel move as to fire at each rotation step resulting many weapon fires while you rotate the wheel = the effect in game is the same as using a macro on left click.
    So it doesn't matter what you press: a button, a mouse click or rotate a wheel = if the result is many actions in game -> is not allowed.

wew, that's some 100000 (10) iq thought. Macro (script) is a written programm simulating actions. Mouse wheel scroll is not programmed and is physical action which cannot be described as macro. 

On the other hand why did devs allow the guns to shoot beyond human's capabilities? 

On the third hand cat (china) walk / bunny hop cannot be detected (wew, that's pretty fair). 

On the forth hand gun's recoil scripts are also not detected.

After all i guess they just check sus accounts' opened programms. And even that... It's 2023: what's the % of ppl using ball mouse? We all have equipment with drivers and software. 
  • @StLoD_UA
    Please stop stopping at the word "macro" and ignore the rest of the explanations.
    Carefully read all over again as is not necessary to have a distinct macro program  = if your actions in game are aided in any way by whatever kind of software or hardware you have outside the normal hardware usage , AS same way as when using  "macro", despite the fact that you only use the software available for your hardware -> is not allowed.

If you still have questions or unclear situation about the topic title please ask support, i did my best to made you understand the situation.

And for all other suggestion i'm sure support will appreciate your feed-back in a support ticket.

Gamer since 1997
  • @StLoD_UA
    Please stop stopping at the word "macro" and ignore the rest of the explanations.
    Carefully read all over again as is not necessary to have a distinct macro program  = if your actions in game are aided in any way by whatever kind of software or hardware you have outside the normal hardware usage , AS same way as when using  "macro", despite the fact that you only use the software available for your hardware -> is not allowed.

If you still have questions or unclear situation about the topic title please ask support, i did my best to made you understand the situation.

And for all other suggestion i'm sure support will appreciate your feed-back in a support ticket.

I read everything u wrote. U didnt say "it's my opinion" / "i think so" or w/e. U just gave "proved" answer which is not actually approved by gms. 

Setting a "fire button" to a wheel scroll = outside normal hardware? u what? 

About "tHe SoFtWaRe AvAiLaBlE fOr YoUr HaRdWaRe": i didnt say we use macros or scripts which are written in it. I said we have drivers on: razor, g hub (for logitech hardware), bloody drivers etc. 

So lets sum mentioned above:

1. "macro programms" are not precisely described, what means we dont know what can be considered as it;
    2. "macros" are written scripts to simulate actions: scrolling the wheel with ur finger = absolutely legit;
    3. truly annoying and unfair macros are not bannable due to its undetectable: cat walk, bunny hop, fast shoot and kick (sniper riffles), gatling gun.

Would be nice to get the precise description of "macro programs" and (any) bannable scripts. Will we get it? hell na: gms use forum just to post news without having a conversation with their player base. 
  • @Quake444

Image direct link is something like http:// something.something / etc (optional)..etc / image . jpg <- it must have entire name of the image.extension at the end of the web address. 

What you posted are "short links" , are used by most websites to display your image inside a webpage where they usually add some ads around.

BUT after you upload the image and open on your browser using the link provided by the hosting service -> right click on the image -> copy image address / OR open image on a new tab - this will provide you the correct link you need to use inside any forum.

That is why i use imgur . com - > after uplod, when click on the image they provide you few different image links and you copy the one you need.

* See direct link ends with image . png

P.S. I understand some players don't  like to use imgur , or like to use other services that allow faster image creation and upload, anyway whatever is the reason -> just copy the right direct image link will do the trick.

ok i will try next time that side for uploading, i just gave in google search in image upload and used the first where it showed me, but it was simply to give svergnyty just a better understanding  with the macro programm feature, but im gonna try next time imgur
  • svergnyty
    edited June 2023
    Quake444 said:
    svergnyty said:
    1) if the mouse is equipped with an inertia wheel, so it can adjust the speed I set fire to the mouse wheel, it is considered to be a macro ?

2. you cps you cant hold up for every round or 1 minute completly through your hand/fingers get tired at some time.

3. just listen to the specific players in 1st mentioned, you can hear when they shoot on their own the sound in an area you dont need to see them directly, and when from 5-6 shots with a rather high delay between, it switches to a pistol with a higher fire rate then the premium gatling gun you know hes just activated his macro.

and for your other question what gets counted as macro, newer mouses mostly have a own programm from their company to set DPI/mouse lightning/ mouse precision ( what you can normally just set directly over microsoft settings) into 1 programm but theres mostly a other site/function  where you can record lets say how you press left mouse button and release it, and you can change the input of that and how it will repeat itself (what mostly is for single player games designed/thought to use if you want to play some click spam games like a old one lets say cookie clicker), but abusing it in a multiplayer game is a diffrence, since like i said you could with using that function of the programm literally to turn a pistol in a faster firing gatling gun. 

No one could keep this CPS up for Match after match so its really easy to hear the macro users from 5 shots in 10 seconds and only dying they start the next round with a pistol gatling gun arround. When back the m1a1 carbine was a zp crate and got some years later removed i loved this gun but sometimes even i "sucked on a straw) sometimes i could click really fast but in a permanent battle your hand/fingers get at some point tired and your CPS goes automaticly goes down, but when you got someone with it it was fun since that gun was a rarity and weaker then anything, its still today but now you just need gp to get it, like many older diffrent guns RSH12/AK12S/stakeout firewall etc. but  most of the stuff comes in free crates or gp crates back.

i try to add 3 images to show what i mean with the programm though if it works now to add a link

1st screen that is the normal setting area on how fast your mouse should react/work ( its seperate for everyones preffered feeling there isnt a problem with that)

2.nd screenshot is where you see the right side of it where you could turn a pistol into a better GG and thats a macro and easy to hear out and what in my opinion should be accepted to get reported as cheating years ago, but thats something diffrent. on the left side of my mouses  attached/delivered porgramm are the windows settings but for comfort its changable in the programm so you dont need to go to windows settings first.

that are the direct links, need to see if i can direct link them. ps. tried to directly link them with preview but since the new forum design it wont work for me anymore, i either just get a link where starts with forum.crossfire or the image url function onces the link inserted just closes instantly and shows now image, but there are the 3 links in general to explain the best on how its easy to detect them per sound and what is a macro or better said what gets counted as such

Why this text was unclear, I think for more than 10 years of the game I know something about macros and cheaters, thanks for answering specific questions [MOD]ShadowRo
    seriously ? meanwhile the mode on sniper rifles "just exists"
  • Quake444 said:
    svergnyty said:
    sry i missed that the statement over clans in clan wars is nothing new, my clan died out literally where the old "anti cheat" was running and after 1 minute were already new cheats online, we mostly played some years back only S&D/Mutation mode or ranked S&D, but there was the literally same, some clans back then openly in the forum recruiting were running arround with cheats there not only in ranked/clan wars but even in Mutation modes and hero mode was the freshest there, you had to hope to find 1 room without a cheater in general in that mode, but yeah it can be new for for you but if youre playing longer CF its no news, thats why i often in some posts said the mods and official staff should join games, since when a normal player reports a account it could take still months until they got banned (and im talking about reports where they were still running under the maps arround or flying above the map borders arround with 10x the standard mutant G key speed, and why i stopped bothering with replay reporting in general)

i was away and i forgot it to add that on, but just as info for you its for older real accounts nothing new, for me because of that is literally their promoted players or staff itself should go into random games everytime, but when i realized to write this it was to late to add it on the other answer from me so it was my bad, but just to let you know
    and here clan wars if I wrote about individual clans (clan names are forbidden to give out), I return to the first comment, there are a lot of off-topic entries
  • StLoD_UA said:
    @svergnyty

wew, that's some 100000 (10) iq thought. Macro (script) is a written programm simulating actions. Mouse wheel scroll is not programmed and is physical action which cannot be described as macro. 

On the other hand why did devs allow the guns to shoot beyond human's capabilities? 

On the third hand cat (china) walk / bunny hop cannot be detected (wew, that's pretty fair). 

On the forth hand gun's recoil scripts are also not detected.

After all i guess they just check sus accounts' opened programms. And even that... It's 2023: what's the % of ppl using ball mouse? We all have equipment with drivers and software. 
    I fully support this ideology, but since there are very few such people, they will accordingly do nothing and this is very sad
  • svergnyty said:
    Quake444 said:
    svergnyty said:

Why this text was unclear, I think for more than 10 years of the game I know something about macros and cheaters, thanks for answering specific questions [MOD]ShadowRo
    seriously ? meanwhile the mode on sniper rifles "just exists"
    i wrote this text with the screenshots since you asked if you would set your mouse wheel as youre fire button to be considered a macro, yes it would thats why i wrote that and attached the screenshots, since for this to change you would need to change the mouse wheel function in the 2nd screenshot into that macro list, so it would be considered using a macro.

what for a mode on sniper rifles do you mean? the last time i played sniper mode only was on prison and thats a few years back, and i dont own or know every gun out from my mind, if you mean a specific feature about a specific sniper rifle fell free to tell me it so i know what you mean.

to the clans i havent said you should post any names, i just wrote that there are specific clans where used cheats and macros already back then when me and my clan members stopped playing clan wars because of that, i wrote the example with the last time me and my clan played where they flew under the map, running with aimbot arrounds. etc.

when you cant understand to hold the cps up try it for yourself play such guns 14 round S&D full night through your cps will drop automaticly at some point when just using guns like m1a1 carbine, if i would be the only one why are then there players using macros for stealth walking and full auto macros arround then? xD.

i took S&D as example since there you need high cps often will encounter more then 1 enemy which means you need to track them and fire as fast as their AR or mp to counter them while tracking them, TD game mode would be there even more stressful, but feel free to try it out for yourself of 12 minutes straight holding your cps up you will see it will go down, since its natural, we all have human bodys and muscles at some time get tired and need a pause, if it wouldnt there would be no need for macros as example xD
  • IMChuck
    edited June 2023

putting a weight on your Enter key will also lead into a bann. (will not kick you out for inactivity) <-- This is something GM's could fix easily but eeehm..... no.... 

They rather call this - 
    • Use, develop or distribute "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications in violation of any software license agreement;"

just horrible how legit players are treated while others who actually use a program just get away with it. Disgusting!!

• IMChuck said:

putting a weight on your Enter key will also lead into a bann. (will not kick you out for inactivity) <-- This is something GM's could fix easily but eeehm..... no.... 

They rather call this - 

just horrible how legit players are treated while others who actually use a program just get away with it. Disgusting!!

Haha, dude, it's still not legit since it's the action to SIMULATE player's behavior xd 
  • IMChuck
    edited June 2023
    StLoD_UA said:
    IMChuck said:

They rather call this - 

Haha, dude, it's still not legit since it's the action to SIMULATE player's behavior xd 
    You already know that I can simply press my finger on the said button for 10, 20 or 30 minutes and it would have the same outcome - you will be banned even though you legitimately pressed the button.

I'm more concerned with the principle than with the ban itself. and now regarding 'player behavior' - what does it matter to anyone what I do with 3laptops and 1 PC in one room? (Unable to join) It's not like I'm bothering anyone.

I think the quick switch with VIP chars or the china walking macro which players like to use AGAINST other players should bother you or the GM's more than me, who is doing his stuff in peace and quiet on an empty server and empty channel.

But I assume you are referring to the HMX players who are a.f.k in pub rooms. (?)
  • good job gm ban all hackers and macros 

this stuff "macros" and "bot afk" should be also add to in game report.so we can rebort them in game two.
  • Yomiko
    edited June 2023
    How about the Russian wallers for example two named '[removed]' and '[removed]'???? They've been reported millions of times but nothing ever happened what the hell??? Now everybody knows they wall. DO SOMETHING YOU GOTTA TO DO!!!!!!
  • Despite this and the "we will kick them from games" message, if you enter ANY mutant mode game you will see 5-10 people standing around with the afk macros turning up and down and meleeing the air all the time.
    Your programs are bad, and you should just accept player reports with screenshots of these people or replays.
    Most if not all pistol rooms have people running fastfire cop or usp macros. if you ever see a gatling gun VVIP user in a serious game he runs a macro, etc.
    Your main issue is that most reports are handled by GM Sharingn, who can't even properly understand english.
  • @Yomiko
    Any accusations on forum are not allowed.
    We can use only use in game report option OR save game and send a hack report ticket.
    Gamer since 1997
  • GUESS WHAT? NOBODY GONNA BUY THIS CRATES

Guess what, nobody cares about your trolling and your lies. I remember you from discord and know your IGN. And I know you won a lot of free crate guns. No GM ever cares for your crying of empty crates and you should be banned from forum and ingame for spam.