FPS Performance issues

Uhh im running an AMD platform with a ryzen 7 5800x and a radeon 6500xt and I can honestly say im getting better performance and FPS in Apex legends than this game. There's a lot of stuttering and moments where my pc seems to really be having trouble keeping consistent data on the RAM and using HDD. I also have 16GB RAM. Im never getting above 220 FPS in Crossfire. It often goes down to 140 and sometimes 20. It's gotten really bad and I noticed it comes and goes annually. I also have 280 ping in EU Delta server and I usually get 130 in the server right below that one i think its foxtrot. Not sure what all these variables point to but if the devs could do some troubleshooting and give us an answer that would be great because the game is literally only 1/4th playable at times. I remember running CF with 300+ ping constantly on and AMD build in 2013... Other AMD players are also getting tired of this problem.

Comments

• I also get FPS drops after the maintenance. I used to have 200 fps stable now, but it sometimes drops to 40 fps, especially in the first game. I have AMD i9 3900Hz and GTX2070
  • [MOD]ShadowRo
    edited February 2023
    @PeekRohDah
    Beside the GPU power there are other technial details : as the GPU memory interface ( bandwidth ).
    This game graphic engine feel better on GPU with dedicated memory on at least 128 bit bandwidth ( best on 256 bit ).
    In your case , as i found on internet : Radeon RX 6500 XT is connected using a 64-bit memory interface - too low for the game engine.

As for example:
      GTX 1060  ,  3 GB dedicated ram @ 192 bits -> game average FPS 180 ( but sometime drop to 90-100, work constant when set FPS limit to 120 )
      GTX 1070 , 8 GB dedicated RAM @ 256 bits -> game average FPS 200 ( max spike 250 FPS , drop to 140 sometime , i don't need to set any FPS limit , tho i probably set 144 FPS , same as my display refresh rate)

@loller1207
    Check on GPU driver option - 3d settings , click restore to default, apply, then set :
    -> image scaling: Off 
    -> DSR : OFF 
    -> low latency : Ultra
    -> OpenGL rendering GPU : Nvidia GeForce 2070
    -> power management mode : max performance
    -> Shader cache size : disabled
    ( tho for other game may need to be set on driver default , disable shader cache will reduce or eliminate CF Error : unable to find legacyshader.fxo error)
    -> Triple buffering : ON 
    -> Vertical sync : Off 
     Apply.

Gamer since 1997