Hardware Survey 2023: January 6th - 13th

Attention Mercenaries

We are starting off the New Year and PC hardware components are just getting better and better. We want to find out more about how you choose to enjoy running CrossFire. What better way to do that than by asking a few questions?

From January 6th to 13th, fill out a quick survey of what hardware components you use for gaming. This helps us understand how you are playing the game, and just how competitive your systems are! Make sure to leave your IGN at the end of the survey. 

You can find the survey link Here.

Tell us more about how you play, Mercenaries!
-CrossFire Team

Comments

• voyager40
    edited January 2023
    I hope you guys support Windows 11 soon, I can play fine for the most part with Win11 but once every hour or two the screen will freeze in a match and the screen switches back to desktop view. I can still hear the match and my controls still work to control my character but when I try to tab back into the game a window pops up from the client program saying "cannot restore video mode" or something like that. At first I thought it was Win11 bloatware hogging resources but I debloated as much as I can and it still happens. My BIOS, Windows, and my drivers are all up to date.

It's a Dell Inspiron with i3-12100, 8GB DDR4, and a 250GB SSD with Win11 and no graphics card. It handles CrossFire fine except for the crashes mentioned above.

My old Gateway with an original i3-2100, 4GB Ram, 1TB HDD and Windows 7 can play CF without crashing, albeit it takes forever to load into the first match after bootup and the fps is lower.
  • why did you guys changed/nerfed the sound effect in the game on the last 2 years??

back at the time we could hear footsteps from base to base and know where all enimies at from entire map from us...today we can't even tell upon footsteps of players who are 2 steps from us if they come from front or behinde

what the point now of buy  any kind of headphones that cost above 7$,if the quality is felt only on songs on spotify.but completly  useless in the game ? -.-'
  • update for new engine ? new graphics? 
    please, game need this.
  • sg55gs said:
    why did you guys changed/nerfed the sound effect in the game on the last 2 years??

back at the time we could hear footsteps from base to base and know where all enimies at from entire map from us...today we can't even tell upon footsteps of players who are 2 steps from us if they come from front or behinde

what the point now of buy  any kind of headphones that cost above 7$,if the quality is felt only on songs on spotify.but completly  useless in the game ? -.-'
    Are you sure that's not just a problem on your side? I don't have any problem with the sound or to locate where people are using sounds, neither does my friends. So maybe it's something wonky with your cf/headphones?
  • @hwjhwj

Yea,it happens on more than 3 different pc's with 3 different headphones.

You can also try to search on youtube for streams from the last year (players who stream ranked sd or something)...and tell me if any thing is 'clear' for you from there.
  • voyager40 said:
    I hope you guys support Windows 11 soon, I can play fine for the most part with Win11 but once every hour or two the screen will freeze in a match and the screen switches back to desktop view. I can still hear the match and my controls still work to control my character but when I try to tab back into the game a window pops up from the client program saying "cannot restore video mode" or something like that. At first I thought it was Win11 bloatware hogging resources but I debloated as much as I can and it still happens. My BIOS, Windows, and my drivers are all up to date.

It's a Dell Inspiron with i3-12100, 8GB DDR4, and a 250GB SSD with Win11 and no graphics card. It handles CrossFire fine except for the crashes mentioned above.

My old Gateway with an original i3-2100, 4GB Ram, 1TB HDD and Windows 7 can play CF without crashing, albeit it takes forever to load into the first match after bootup and the fps is lower.

They can't simply start supporting Win11 when Microsoft doesn't do anything to support that old engine. It is mostly on Microsofts side.

• sg55gs said:
    why did you guys changed/nerfed the sound effect in the game on the last 2 years??

Because that is broken, unrealistic and not fair? People cry at Smilegate for not fixing major issues, but when they fix major issues, people cry about it.
  • happy to submit overpowered hardware specs do not change cf to anything like crossfireX or cfhd aim and movement system it would destroy the game instantly obv you're just collecting hardware specs for error troubleshooting but just saying if theres a 3.0 better textures leave the movement and aim alone 
    IGN:Adrenaline
  • Since I took part in the survey, I can no longer log into the game