Another (New?) Bug?

Quake444
edited August 2022 in CrossFire Barracks
I will attach the screenshot below, but one simple question how can it end again in there i played zombie mode the newest map, when i got tired in the evening i closed it, 2 days ago i tried it again i got the (same as in screenshot error), did let in in peace for a few days today i wanted to grind further the zombie mode, and again the same error message, and before anyone want to say to run it as admin (didnt work), or even start the patcher/launcher  from the original installed folder ended in the same error screen.

so my question is how can crossfire forget after closing it where it is installed??

(on the screenshot it says "system cant find the asked files)
(on the desktop bar you can see the open installed folder is opend where i tried it to launch it directly from)

Does anybody know a fix besides reinstall, because it was to much now with reinstalling in 1 year with that game, when the last resolution is again to reinstall i will just deinstsall it and thats it, when theres no other fix that somebody knows.

(since the forum again doenst let me embed the view link over the option there is the direct link to imgbb....just wordless and hopeless at this point)

Comments

• The fix that seems to work for me :
    - windows 10 :
    delete directx shader cache
    - windows 7 : reset game to default settings by deleting files from My Documents\Cross Fire (except print screens and savegame you wish to keep)

* Game is always set to run as admin and game folder ( and *.exe files if are required ) are added to all antivirus & firewall exceptions.
    ** Microsoft Onedrive is disabled and closed ( else will try to sync entire My Documents folder on cloud resulting other game issues ).

If nothing work , please send a support ticket about your problem.

Gamer since 1997
  • The fix that seems to work for me :
    - windows 10 :
    delete directx shader cache
    - windows 7 : reset game to default settings by deleting files from My Documents\Cross Fire (except print screens and savegame you wish to keep)

* Game is always set to run as admin and game folder ( and *.exe files if are required ) are added to all antivirus & firewall exceptions.
    ** Microsoft Onedrive is disabled and closed ( else will try to sync entire My Documents folder on cloud resulting other game issues ).

If nothing work , please send a support ticket about your problem.

There was no cache to clear, even on another day/ new start of the system, every application app in the cf folder has admin rights, as a stated before, why should i waste my time to write a ticket wait days for a response to get a automated answer that its the players fault again...nah even now it wont even let me uninstall it and comes out with an error....just sad played a few rounds of zombie mode the newest map and the program destroyed itself, worst case now is ccleaner will get up do deinstall every single part of that cr*p.

I would just love to know how it was possible to screw the newest patch so far up that the game forgets where its own files are and doesnt even find its uninstall application, even i started it from the installed folder, its to much lately with bugs/erros etc. and not working at all without any fixes. BTW i had deleted after i tried it yesterday the complete folder of crossfire in the documents it still doesnt reload anything, when i press play the launcher hangs itself up and then that error message pops up...

maybe in a year when im highly drunk i will reinstall it but for sure not more when im sober, i have more problems with that game then fun playing, 

https://ibb.co/JnMKVZY    (there you can see theres nothing to clear)

https://ibb.co/L17wQYQ   (after that cache clearing failed i tried to deinstall the game and then this came up, looks like for ccleaner first needed application to get it rid off)

still thank you for trying to help, even it ended in a dead end

• For anyone encountering same bug that the game destroys itself, use the old installer where you used to install it, let it override everything, then you can finally get rid of the error when trying to deeinstalling the game (for the full clear i will recommend still ccleaner etc. to get rid of any leftovers)

https://ibb.co/hc7JhmM
  • [MOD]ShadowRo
    edited August 2022
    1. DirectX cache is located only on drive where Windows is installed ( usually is drive C:\ , as show in my image)
    2. Sending a support ticket everytime you have a game problem will also adding a point on the problem list reported by all players, the more users report same type of issue the more support can pressure on devs to look into for more investigations.

P.S. You may upload images to imgur.com and copy "direct link" ( the one with a format like www. imgur . com / something / something . jpg )  then click "Image" button to paste the link, this way your image will show directly on your forum message.
    Gamer since 1997

• 1. DirectX cache is located only on drive where Windows is installed ( usually is drive C:\ , as show in my image)
    2. Sending a support ticket everytime you have a game problem will also adding a point on the problem list reported by all players, the more users report same type of issue the more support can pressure on devs to look into for more investigations.

P.S. You may upload images to imgur.com and copy "direct link" ( the one with a format like www. imgur . com / something / something . jpg )  then click "Image" button to paste the link, this way your image will show directly on your forum message.

in my now 11 years of cf i never had 1 support ticket that wasnt a copy paste answer or in any way helpful, so yeah i have my point why i dont even bother with it.

with the forum pics nah i tried all links version, when i want to enter it here over the option, the window just closes itself without adding anything.

for the direct x its already to late like i wrote above its already now deinstalled, since now that bug was created.

i just added the answer to it if anybody has that error by himself in the future and cant even deinstall it since even that got screwed up and forget where it was installed, like i said luckily i had an old installer on the drive i had run everything to the old over and then deinstalled it, maybe in the time i come back or not, the last years were just to much