CrossFire Games 2021 - Jul 23 to Aug 8

Attention Mercenaries,

After a couple weeks of hard work, after a couple dead printers due to overuse,
We can proudly announce that we have finished everybody's tax returns in our base!
*Sounds of crickets arise due to Moony's terrible joke.* Well, now getting serious:
Time of waiting is finally over: The CF Games 2021 are here! *Moony passes the torch*

From July 23rd until August 8th, compete against other teams from all around the globe for the glory of receiving the most Gold Medals!

If you are not registered into any team yet, you can still do it until August 3rd, but remember that once you join a team, you cannot change your decision or withdraw from your team. (In case you want to know more about Registration, click HERE)

This year CrossFire Games will feature 20 different competitions, giving each player the opportunity to show their true skills (Be aware that each competition has its own time lapse to participate):
1. Fragging: Average kills on all modes/maps except Zombie Mode, Big Head Mode and Bots (23-Jul to 28-Jul)
2. Sweeping: Average wins on all modes/maps except Zombie Mode, Big Head Mode and Bots (23-Jul to 28-Jul)
3. Synchronized Spinning: Average count of ZP/GP crates opened (23-Jul to 28-Jul)
4. Climbing Abyss: Average matches played on Frozen Abyss - Expert or Nightmare difficulty (23-Jul to 28-Jul)
5. Sniping: Average sniper kills on all modes/maps except Zombie Mode, Big Head Mode and Bots (23-Jul to 28-Jul)
6. TDM Binging: Average kills on TDM maps (27-Jul to 29-Jul)
7. Surviving: Average wins on Elimination maps (27-Jul to 29-Jul)
8. Headshot Trampoline: Average headshots on Orbital Station TDM (29-Jul to 31-Jul)
9. Ghost Tracking: Average wins on Ghost, Ghost S&D, and Shadow Modes (29-Jul to 31-Jul)
10. Mutant Marathon: Average matches played on Mutation Modes (30-Jul to 1-Aug)
11. Headshot Diving: Average headshots on Sub Assault TDM(30-Jul to 1-Aug)
12. Soccer: Average goals scored on Soccer Mode (31-Jul to 2-Aug)
13. Hammer Throwing: Average matches played on Knockout Mode (31-Jul to 2-Aug)
14. Long Jumping: Average kills on Escape Mode (1-Aug to 3-Aug)
15. Shooting: Average rifle kills except Zombie Mode, Big Head Mode and Bots (1-Aug to 3-Aug)
16. Bot Hunting: Average kills on Bot Modes (3-Aug to 5-Aug)
17. Fencing: Average melee kills except Zombie Mode, Big Head Mode and Bots (3-Aug to 5-Aug)
18. Crate Lifting: Average count of ZP crates purchased (4-Aug to 8-Aug)
19. Handball: Average grenade kills except Zombie Mode, Big Head Mode and Bots (5-Aug to 8-Aug)
20. Blitzing: Average C4 detonating or defusing (not planting) (5-Aug to 8-Aug)

Medals will be delivered by Team and by Player, which means:

• For each competition, the 3 Countries with the highest average score among all their players, will receive a Team Medal (Gold, Silver, Bronze).
  • For each competition, the 3 Players with the highest score, regardless their team, will receive a Player Medal (Gold, Silver, Bronze).

The winner of the CrossFire Games will be calculated based on the amount of Medals earned.

• Team Medals are worth: Gold=5 points, Silver=3 points, Bronze=1 point.
  • Player Medals are worth: Gold=3 points, Silver=2 points, Bronze=1 point.

What's a winner without rewards? For every Medal a Team receives at the end of the Games, all their valid participants will get:

• Each Gold Medal = 15x 2021 Crossfire Games Crates + 2021 Crossfire Games Gold Spray and NameCard
  • Each Silver Medal = 5x 2021 Crossfire Games Crates + 2021 Crossfire Games Silver Spray and NameCard
  • Each Bronze Medal = 1x 2021 Crossfire Games Crate + 2021 Crossfire Games Bronze Spray and NameCard

Participants from each country that receives at least 1 Gold Medal during the Games will also receive the CrossFire Games 2021 Ribbon! Keep in mind that you will need to play at least 2 hours during the Games to be eligible for any of the mentioned rewards.

And given that we will not only reward the teams but also the individual contribution, there are also prizes for the Top 100 Athletes!

• The top 100 highest scores in each competition will receive 20 crates regardless of their country's score, the 2021 Crossfire Games Top Athlete Spray and Namecard and the Top Athlete - CF Games 2021 Ribbon!

Even if you don't win anything, we have a consolation prize for you: Any player that completes 2 hours on any competition(s) during the Games, and is correctly registered on a team, will receive 20,000 EP.

Some rules to keep in mind:

• Players will compete as part of the country they selected and overall scores will be calculated as averages per country.
  • Each challenge is considered a separate event. A different country can win each competition.
  • Some events overlap, which means the progress made in one competition will also add to another.
  • Medals will be assigned when the challenge is over, however, ranks are updated every 2-3 hours on the event page.
  • You will receive the Ribbon only if your country achieved a gold medal in at least 1 challenge, it will be distributed after the event finishes and the final count is made, remember that ribbons an take up to 48 hours to display in your account.

Rules to know if your contribution is valid:

• You have to complete the game. Leaving a game will not add your score to your country's total.
  • You have to play at least 2 minutes in each game for the game to count.
  • You have to get at least 3 Kills.
  • Password Protected rooms do not count.
  • At least 3 human players must be in the room.

NOTE: On a daily basis, users who attempt to abuse the event will be completely removed.

• Their scores will not count towards their country's overall score.
  • They will not receive any rewards from this event.
  • They will not receive the ribbon from this event.

What are you waiting for? Check how you and your country are doing HERE.

See you at the Games,
-CrossFire Team

Comments

• Expecting all channels being filled with farmers from WE-ALL-KNOW-THESE-COUNTRIES.

• Funnily enough -As an Egyptian- i think we are horrible when it comes to team work that i actually regret choosing the Egyptian team; to give you an idea if you are not familiar with why the game is populated with a lot of EG kids it's mostly because of internet cafés which as you might expect charges fees by time.

When a lot of players who cannot contribute enough due to both money and consequently time restrictions sign for a team it dilutes the scores of the top players and pushes the average score per player (which is the parameter used to award medals) down to ground levels that it does not matter that the top single performers in most catagories would be the small group of Egyptians that farm these score. (In top fragging competition 11 of the top 20 players including #1 by a fair margin are Egyptians yet Egypt is #4 for the average per player.... 14 out of the top 20 in ZM are Egyptians yet Egypt is #2 in that competition and the same goes for the rest of the competitions).

• Look at the results, some players started farming.
    50+ wins in 1 hour? or 5000+ kills?
    I'll tell you what will happen. Farmers will win all medals. Our honorable and loyal players will remain behind them. And no one will permanently close their account. Because they all have a lot of VIPs.
    I really wonder. If I get enough VIPs, do I have the right to break any rules? See the profile of the top 10 players. Some have 80.0 KD but still have an honorable soldier ribbon.
    The point where the game that I have been playing for 12 years has reached is really sad. I hope the GMs won't let these farmers this time. I want to trust them because there is nothing else we can do. Someone, please stop these farmers.

• At this point in the game life cycle hardly anybody would get a ban for anything other than blatant aimbotting and wall hacking; Borderline cheating like the HM glitch to teleport and insta-infect everyone is tolerated even if you go through the hassle of filing a web report with a save file and a video evidence of doing this .... Farming HMX/Zm via idle bots is in every single room by General-ranked players with multiple VVIP weapons but GMs actively choose to ignore it because it's simply reduces the already low player count.

I can't say i blame them for wanting to keep the game as alive and profitable as possible by clinging to every single active player but it's honestly no-honourable soldiers land to try to compete or complete the events (the Xmas in july Event is a horrendus grind btw) that i just don't intend on wasting my time trying to win it fairly.

• Honestly, this event doesn't seem worthwhile to do. Individual contributions will be dwarfed by dedicated farmers, and choosing a team blindly before the event started gives us about as much agency as rolling a dice. I have no chance of winning in either case.

• I can already see people farming.> @DrZaref said:

https://forum.z8games.com/discussion/comment/6952926#Comment_6952926
    At this point in the game life cycle hardly anybody would get a ban for anything other than blatant aimbotting and wall hacking; Borderline cheating like the HM glitch to teleport and insta-infect everyone is tolerated even if you go through the hassle of filing a web report with a save file and a video evidence of doing this .... Farming HMX/Zm via idle bots is in every single room by General-ranked players with multiple VVIP weapons but GMs actively choose to ignore it because it's simply reduces the already low player count.

I can't say i blame them for wanting to keep the game as alive and profitable as possible by clinging to every single active player but it's honestly no-honourable soldiers land to try to compete or complete the events (the Xmas in july Event is a horrendus grind btw) that i just don't intend on wasting my time trying to win it fairly.

It doesn't matter if these players exist or not. Will they keep the game alive with a few VIPs they bought? Whether or not these farmers are in the game does not contribute to the community because they are often not actively participating in the game.

All they do is satisfy their ego with childish acts. In fact, I don't care about their behavior and what they do. I just expect GMs to be more fair when there is such an event. These accounts should be excluded from the competition. That is all.

Already CrossFire is doing these events to attract more players. One of the main reasons for the dissolution of the community over time was the farmers. Don't forget that when the first VIP weapon was introduced, farm rooms were set up 24/7. That's why there was a lot of discussion in the CF community.

• Yo, why does china have -5 score at sniping?

Found participants farming?

• Contributions to the community does not matter, a player that is active regardless of how they are participating in the game is an active player and a player that pays for ZP is an asset worth saving from a publisher's POV.

There is no attracting new players other than the 12 year old asdpops and ufhsggfn whose role is being a cannon fodder for the formerly mentioned group.

I was here around the time the first batch of VIPs were released and it was mostly a token of immunity to getting kicked thanks to the extra XP for everyone

• @DrZaref said:
    https://forum.z8games.com/discussion/comment/6952929#Comment_6952929
    Contributions to the community does not matter, a player that is active regardless of how they are participating in the game is an active player and a player that pays for ZP is an asset worth saving from a publisher's POV.
    There is no attracting new players other than the 12 year old asdpops and ufhsggfn whose role is being a cannon fodder for the formerly mentioned group.

I was here around the time the first batch of VIPs were released and it was mostly a token of immunity to getting kicked thanks to the extra XP for everyone

Well, it doesn't matter anymore. GMs are working. I've started to hear that those who farm are penalized. Regardless of VIP. I am pleased about that. GMs are delivering justice without discrimination. I thank them.

• check the top scorers in the current competitions and you will see it's still the same; you know in frozen abyss competition people just started a game, play for two minutes and let the zombies kill them to get the games done faster and of course how you expect the GMs to punish someone for just losing.

Today in TDM competition some people got over 7K kills in less than 12 hours; that's more than 500 kills per hour in TDM meaning you have to be conastantly playing 12 minutes matches non stop and score over 100 kills every single match for the entire period of playing (FFA, it's possible to get over 100 kills in one game but TDM? never saw it).

and as usual they will just win the medals.

As for teams honestly they should have had hard caps on the max amount of players aswell; you can see how the Top 100 players in every competition are from few teams but the vast number of non contributing members just dilute these numbers to a point that these scores does not really affect the average that much.

Tbh this event could have been done in a much better and a fairer way if some more time and effort were put into organizing it but right now it's just a mess.

• CF who can farm the best games 2021. No other words for this. No point in competing if you don't wanna farm. They didn't learn from 2016 where basically the same happened.

• Lmao, playing the fastest legit way possible just to see a guy from Egypt take the 1st place by farming on the ghost event, doing around 3 games while I'm doing 1 game of 5 rounds winning 5-0, and he does 3 GAMES. Hopefully you keep a track of the matches and everything

• Afk bots are rampant in HMX and Knockout matches since they require no score and already got to top 100.

Whata clown fiesta.

• One of the worst events ever existed lmao.

Appreciate it.

• if all farmers were banned. Then the event was good

• So apparently the math behind the "average" is also hilariously wrong; look at this screenshot of the current leaderboard, Romania's average score is euqal to the score of it's top player meaning it only takes into account the number of players who contributed not the number of players in the entire team.

This is ridiculous.

• @DrZaref said:
    So apparently the math behind the "average" is also hilariously wrong; look at this screenshot of the current leaderboard, Romania's average score is euqal to the score of it's top player meaning it only takes into account the number of players who contributed not the number of players in the entire team.
    This is ridiculous.
    https://imgur.com/a/j2V840X

https://imgur.com/a/j2V840X

yes Zaref, i already had a discussion with Kanadian on discord, he told me that this is the intended calculation, due to part of "Rules to know if your contribution is valid" , the 1st point of this part is what making them doing this calculation, and i told him that this detail is way too vague and should have been clearly explained.

• I mean, if a single player was the only person in their team who participated in a single competition, they can easily get a much better average than any other team that played like a team would normally do.

That's both extremely vague and counterintuitive for a competition that's supposed to be rewarding teamwork especially that there is a catagory for best individual performance.

It's too late to change that -if there is an intention to do so- anyway.

Congratulations to the teams with the least number of contributing players and most number of farmers i guess.

• This event was doomed before they even started it

• AtomAntz
    edited August 2021

So many complaints here, which is fair enough judging by some of the comments.
    I chose Portugal in the event as they did not have my own country in the event, which is England. ( I used to have relatives in Portugal ).
    ( Could of had the results board up a bit longer in my opinion. Is that anywhere to be seen? )
    To be honest I actually enjoyed the event, made a few friends along the way and we were all actually grinding away in the rooms and having fun and a bit of banter.
    Seeing a lot of the same old faces along the way also showed me how many people I met up with who were NOT farming, we were all playing just for the fun of it.
    There were a few hackers along the way yes, but most of those were kicked from rooms ,or had in game report sent against them.
    ( Why do some groups of players NEVER kick their hackers? The will to win on some people is everything lol )
    Would be good to know if Z8 do in fact do anything about the results, but I don't really care that much in the scheme of things.
    After playing for 12 years, you learn to put up with stuff.
    There is my two pennies worth.
    See ya around cats.

• ZNightwolf
    edited August 2021

can any one tell me how this guy got .5 million kills in just 9 hours ?
    ant others got 70 k and 50 k kills ? and the bot doesnt count
    in rifle kills

• With all due respect to your laid back attitude but there is no point in making a competition especially one with a reward if you cannot ensure fair play and both skill & commitment to the tasks would be rewarded; if you check the leaderboard you would have noticed obscene numbers that are by no way doable by playing normally.

Just to give you an idea for example in C4 blitzing task someone got over 900 points in just 3 days; that number takes weeks if not months of organic play in public matches to do and funnily enough these players were spotted making 4 players with ability to join disabled so none can disrupt their little farming game and that's just a slap to the face to anyone who tried hard and played fair.

Abyss climbing multiple players got over 300 games, you know how is that even possible in a mode with the shortest amount of time to clear the map is 15 minutes? just start a room, play for two minutes and let zombies kill you and here you go you got a point just repeat this 300 times and no one would do nothing about it.

Rifle kills was the largest joke of them all; over half million kills by one player in a couple of days and that's totally normal and doable number a good player can achieve and they retained their top spot if you are curious.

People went as far as running AFK bots and keyboard macros in Hammer throwing match and reporting them via support tickets with evidence was not enough so congratulations to those who broke the rules and hard luck to everyone who played normally.

And i could keep going about the rest of the competitions.

• When can we expect the rewards from this event? including ribbon etc?

• got my sprays and namecards. I suppose that is my Olympic reward?

• Was just reminded of what was in the crates when I saw people winning ak noble. Guess I'm not logging in for the rest of the week so I don't have to see people win it... I really want that ak :(

• @hwjhwj said:
    Was just reminded of what was in the crates when I saw people winning ak noble. Guess I'm not logging in for the rest of the week so I don't have to see people win it... I really want that ak :(

Dont worry got 40 Crates from this event and got nothing out, even tough the winner list was running down with others winning multiple stuff, since my last win its again arround 600 crates ago and i count only zp crates without free tickets, i promised me i wont cash more in, and this crates just showed it me again it wont change anymore so from my side no more cash from me to this company when they make such a struggle out from this crates even from gp crates

• [GM]Celestine
    edited August 2021

Congratulations to the winning countries and top athletes in the CF Games 2021!

We will keep the results page open for an additional two weeks if you would like to check the final results.

All rewards including the ribbons have been delivered.

Thank you all for participating and your feedback!
    While we were not able to apply all your recommendations during the Live event, we will consider all your input for upcoming events.