Why is the netcode catering towards lagger and punishing people with good ping?

This is the very first FPS I've ever seen that punishes people for having a good ping.
When I play ranked, I am the only one with a ping between 15 and 20. Everyone else is 60-100.
I shoot at an enemy, I see blood spraying from his body, he shoots and kills me. What does the combat result tell me? 0 damage. Quite often I score a clear headshot. But the endcard tells me 27 damage.
I try to escape an enemy and get around a corner on MY screen with 20 ping, he kills me nontheless because the game makes me be on his screen longer than I am actually there. Why does the game not position me based on MY ping, but based on my enemies ping?

Comments

• Yeah Golden Ping is around 100-120 if your in that ping range only truely skilled players can hit you. It kinda different for melee only rooms.

• @Darkfiro7 said:
    Yeah Golden Ping is around 100-120 if your in that ping range only truely skilled players can hit you. It kinda different for melee only rooms.

Melee is another huge screwup. I get knifed by people with highwer pings BEFORE they enter knife range on my screen. How is that even possible? Higher ping means they get the server informations and my position later than I do. By netcode logic I should have an advantage when I have a much lower ping. I refuse to believe that CF has ping compensations in ranges of multiple seconds.

• Darkfiro7
    edited June 2021

To explain the melee jank Some weapons have broken animations aka their animation Do not match the FPS animation.
    Shovel is one of them the shovel hit you right after the player bring up the shovel (third person model). the jankest weapons so far is the Dragon Sword that weapon make no sense with it hit reg but I know for sure a Dean wild Uppercut beat it. Heck it's how I kill Player with that sword in the occupation mode since they have 500 health and wild uppercut OHK them)

• The netcode does NOT help players with higher ping.

You kill players behind walls just as often as you get killed.

Lower ping will ALWAYS give you better reg than higher ping.

Unless every player has 0 ping (LAN style) no reg is bound to happen.

The difference is that a player with high ping will "no-reg" more often than a player with lower ping.

However, a high ping player being aware of his disadvantage will not complain whereas a low ping player naively expecting to out-reg a high ping player 100% of the time will.

I can get into much more details about reg and pings but thats not the topic of discussion.

So in conclusion there is no "high ping advantage" its only a matter of difference in expectations from low ping vs high ping players.

• ^ Regarding what you said about other games regging better than CF, you are right but that has to do with the server's tickrate, smoothing of player movement etc.

The point I made above is based on the fact that all players (high & low pingers) play on the same server with the same tickrate etc. and on that basis there is indeed no high ping advantage over lower ping (the contrary is true).

• It's CrossFire, but I wouldn't say it's bad. I get 40 ping in North America Servers, but get about 130-150 in EU - not much of a difference for me besides the delay in switching guns, and the occasional no reg but happens even with 40 ping.