Ghost mode revival please

Hello everyone,

I'm a person that only enjoys playing one mode in this game and that's because it's the most creative mode in it and there is no other similar mode or game to it in other videogames. And that's GHOST MODE.

Ghost Mode is one of the most competetive skill-based modes I've ever played but now it's is now dead because nobody cared of about fixing some serious problems in this mode and I'm gonna explain these problems and suggest few solutions now:

1. Loud sprayers: Most People tend to believe that this mode is about guessing where the ghost is and don't know that you can use sound to detect where the ghost is, so they go with their AK or Thompson and blast our ears with it.. if the room has decent players, the sprayers are most likely getting kicked not knowing why they were kicked because they had no Idea how to play the mode and they are most likely not going to play this mode again.

Solutions : 1. Limit the guns to only silenced guns in this mode.
2. I know there is some tips at the beginning of the game about how the GR are able to hear the Ghosts but the drawings need to be more abstract to get the player's attention.

2. Clan wars: I don't know what happened that made clan wars only S&D and TD. But excluding one of the most competetive modes from clan wars is not a good idea at all. There are a lot of GM clans that used to play against each others and had a lot of fun back then. But now it's only scrims and being in a Ghost Mode clan is pretty much useless right now.
A solution of that would be just bringing clan wars back.

3. Not Acknowledging Bunny Hop as an official part and skill in this mode: At the start of the game, you should get a tip that you can also bhop to stay stealth as a Ghost. Bhop maybe an unintentional bug, but it's a big part of making this mode super competetive and super skill based.

4. Cheaters: When we talk about cheaters, the only thing that comes to the most of us is just "walling" but there is much more to that. You can cheat smart so you can't get caught. How?

Modifying text removed

Macro bhop: text removed

Solutions: For macro bhoppers, I guess you can block the input of the user if it's too fast (like automated fast). And I don't know about the rez files solution though.

All of these problems caused this mode to die, and I'd love to see it alive again.

Much Love and Respect to everyone here. And I hope you all have a great day.

in-game name : Mirage-
Clan : Elliptical

Comments

• OMG It's Mirage-!! The best GM player ever!!
    I'd love to see these solutions being implemented broooo yeess and frick those rez users!!

much love <3
    in-game name: transpoter22
    Clan: aslo Elliptical lol
  • I miss old times when I used to play ghost mode a lot, I would like to see them implement these solutions for it to be active once more. I hope they respond to this thread.

IGN: Aquaman
  • The suggestions for eliminating loud sprayers and cheaters and the implementation of in-game bunny hopping tips have been here for around a decade now. It's really depressing to see that none of these recommendations have been put into place, which as to no surprise, causes the mode to die off a little more each year. There is also minimal incentive to play nowadays since it's just the same people repeatedly.

Unfortunately, although I (and most likely, the entire ghost mode community) favor these suggestions, the chances of z8 carrying out these changes are probably close to zero. I had reached out a few months ago to GM Maestro about some ghost mode tournament ideas, but with how small the community is becoming, I'm not sure if I'm willing to put out the effort of hosting a tournament.
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]ShadowRo;n6950978][USER="20445495"]Soreqsx[/USER]

1. Attempt to modify game files will give you a game error, AND ignoring that error and keep try to login game will end with banned account.

https://forum.z8games.com/forum/cros...highlight=31_9

2. Any 3-rd party is not allowed, ( obviously including macro ) will result in permanent ban.

When you spot a player suspect of macro usage - save game and send hack report ticket.

Even if you are well-intentioned, describing a way to cheat (even if it doesn't work) may tempt other players to try it, with obvious results: get banned !

So don't do that.[/QUOTE]

And I thought all this time that macros are allowed so thanks for letting me know that.
  • The suggestions for eliminating loud sprayers and cheaters and the implementation of in-game bunny hopping tips have been here for around a decade now. It's really depressing to see that none of these recommendations have been put into place, which as to no surprise, causes the mode to die off a little more each year. There is also minimal incentive to play nowadays since it's just the same people repeatedly.

Unfortunately, although I (and most likely, the entire ghost mode community) favor these suggestions, the chances of z8 carrying out these changes are probably close to zero. I had reached out a few months ago to GM Maestro about some ghost mode tournament ideas, but with how small the community is becoming, I'm not sure if I'm willing to put out the effort of hosting a tournament.

Limiting the mode to suppressed weapons only was not possible back then, because the only way to get one was to buy it with zp, but now you can buy suppressed guns with MP. You even get one for free.
    btw are you sYx.Vision ? :D
  • Soreqsx wrote: »

Limiting the mode to suppressed weapons only was not possible back then, because the only way to get one was to buy it with zp, but now you can buy suppressed guns with MP. You even get one for free.
    btw are you sYx.Vision ? :D

That's a good point that I admittedly forgot about. Adding the free silenced M4A1s definitely helped the mode out a lot (albeit, most people don't use it).

And yes, I'm sYx.Vision :)
  • I used to only play ghost mode a long time ago, and at the time I would put me on the better side of the players (not to put myself on a throne or anything) ((far from it today lol)). I can't really remember when or why I stoped playing, but I want to start again. But that's not very easy when you only find ONE room on the entire server and it's always laboratory, and like you said sprayers with mgs by the corridor in gr spawn. I would really like more games with different maps again :(. I am very very rusty on this mode right now lol.

I do however have another problem... when people use bd, I can't hear them. I can turn my volume to 100 both on cf and windows, fiddle with the drivers and stand completely still with a ghost next to me without hearing them. As soon as they kill me their breath appears... I have no idea why this happens to me but yea... and no, it's not my headset, it was the same with my old ones.

Still... even if the sound is messed up for me I still want to play gm again :(
  • hwjhwj wrote: »
    I used to only play ghost mode a long time ago, and at the time, I would put myself on the better side of the players (not to put myself on a throne or anything) ((far from it today, lol)). I can't really remember when or why I stopped playing, but I want to start again. But that's not very easy when you only find ONE room on the entire server, and it's always laboratory, and like you said sprayers with mgs by the corridor in gr spawn. I would really like more games with different maps again :(. I am very, very rusty on this mode right now, lol.

I do, however, have another problem... when people use bd, I can't hear them. I can turn my volume to 100 both on cf and windows, fiddle with the drivers, and stand completely still with a ghost next to me without hearing them. As soon as they kill me, their breath appears... I have no idea why this happens to me, but yea... and no, it's not my headset; it was the same with my old ones.

Still... even if the sound is messed up for me, I still want to play gm again :(

According to a lot of players, the last-second breath issues are definitely noticeable at times (works fine for me, though). I don't really mind the sprayers, honestly, because they tend to die really early in each match, or they camp single locations, leaving you to roam the rest of the map. Everyone's different, though, so I can empathize with your frustration.

Seeing that the only map ever played in public lobbies is laboratory is also frustrating. Any other maps result in a low player count, for whatever reason. I suppose lots of people just don't know the other maps since lab is so easy.

If you're ever down to play a game or two, or at least help set up a decent pub, definitely hit me up, though. I love to see old/new faces in ghost mode since it gives much more incentive to play. Playing with the same people over and over gets super stale, hence why my clan and I only come on when we arrange it.
  • Honestly dont think limiting the gamemode to silencer only weapons would be a great idea if i would be completly honest could be as simple as getting an item to control the sound of others weapons or being able to just mute people and not hear their weapons at all there are so many other ways to fixing the issue with loud players and limiting the gamemode to silencer weapons only is not a solution i would say and i used to play loads of GM back in the days on EU .