Again having this BS while starting the game...

I get "Failed to connect to server" when I open CF, it happens before I even get the chance to type in my Login/Password...

Any one know why this is happening? Had this crap on Monday and Tuesday, then yesterday my wife was magically able to log in and play and today I try and get the same issue.

Comments

• They ran a small update yesterday. You have to run the game as administrator for it to update I think. If it doesn't work, try to download and reinstall (also as administrator. It looks like you always have to do that from now on).
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Thanks for the reply, I'm always running as admin, I went into options and selected to always run as administrator. If it don't work today I'll try to reinstall as administrator, even though I'm 1000% certain I did that when I installed, simply because it's a habit now.
    but thanks again for the help.
  • Jlu4HocTb wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, I'm always running as admin, I went into options and selected to always run as administrator. If it don't work today I'll try to reinstall as administrator, even though I'm 1000% certain I did that when I installed, simply because it's a habit now.
    but thanks again for the help.

No prob. It seams to be a thing not many are aware of here, so that has become the universal-answer for problems this week.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Jlu4HocTb wrote: »
    I get "Failed to connect to server" when I open CF, it happens before I even get the chance to type in my Login/Password...

Any one know why this is happening? Had this crap on Monday and Tuesday, then yesterday my wife was magically able to log in and play and today I try and get the same issue.

you're not the only one. I am facing the same issue for 4 days and I am unable to type my login ID and password. I heard it's because the server is rejecting some connections so it's not our fault. I even redownloaded and reinstalled the game on different systems as well as tried multiple ISPs but to no avail.

I missed some part of the 12th-anniversary event due to that. I hope they compensate us for that.
  • did anyone end up getting this to work? im having this issue at the moment
  • CF blocks connections from restricted countires like Russia or Ukraine, where OP is from.
  • CF blocks connections from restricted countires like Russia or Ukraine, where OP is from.
    But he isn't from russia ,he from canada - he is mod jessy husband (I understand his name is confusing).

on topic - try to reinstall the game ,if that didn't work you should try to add cf to you anti virus exceptions or even reboot ur pc.I would've check at the same time if ur pc is not win11 and if ur pc has enough ram to run the game (cf now takes more than 16gb)...also try to send a ticket if you have  any mechnic background  and know how to provide to them info such as DMP files of errors,cpu stress test while the game is running etc'.