AMD GPU Should have an update in CrossFire

I noticed that everyone using amd gpu have lack of fps even though their gpus are better then the recommended system, including mine *(amd hd 7870 ghz)
I would like to make this problem seen by the devs so they can fix it and also

*every amd user should comment on it saying that they have all the same problem*

Comments

• I am having same problem, I have a better graphics card than requirement and I still get low FPS, can we actually have an update please
  • I am an AMD user and not having FPS problem but too many people have been complaining about it so I agree.
  • ALLOOOO, please optimize AMD :((( You guys will get more money i proMISE ok? Fps very low now :(
  • I dont have any issues. I'm running 200s of frames. Not sure what low they mean. But I will help show my support for people that are having issues with this.
  • SLI and Crossfire simply is not a solution that should be being pursued. It's rarely supported by games, so the majority of the time, the second card sits there doing nothing, or in some cases, games that don't support it actually see LOWER performance. Then in games that do support it, you're talking about a 25-30% performance bump on average for double the GPU power draw and heat output. Plus, on top of that, SLI/Crossfire has an inherent flaw where it introduces increased frame time variance, which can visually result in stuttering, even at extremely high frame rates.

iMessageapp
  • Austin953 wrote: »
    SLI and Crossfire simply is not a solution that should be being pursued. It's rarely supported by games, so the majority of the time, the second card sits there doing nothing, or in some cases, games that don't support it actually see LOWER performance. Then in games that do support it, you're talking about a 25-30% performance bump on average for double the GPU power draw and heat output. Plus, on top of that, SLI/Crossfire has an inherent flaw where it introduces increased frame time variance, which can visually result in stuttering, even at extremely high frame rates

I agree, it is better to spend your money on one great GPU instead of 2 medium. I have tried both earlier and 2 cards is worse. The problem is that with the Covid-19 crisis, we are having a dry-period when it comes to new cards right now.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • I also have an AMD Radeon HD 7870, I'm experiencing low fps and huge instability problems. I also submitted a ticket for this but nothing. Hope it gets updated as soon as possible. I take this opportunity to ask for help on the settings of the AMD Radeon software to users who use it. Can anyone give me some advice on settings? Thank you
  • your CPU is more important than your GPU !
    a good GPU with a Pentium II CPU will give u 10fps. even if u run the newest GPU available.
  • [QUOTE=snowace21;n6946610 *(amd hd 7870 ghz)[/QUOTE]

released 13 april 2012 !! so i guess u have a 2012 CPU maybe intel i3 ?
  • Austin953 wrote: »
    SLI and Crossfire simply is not a solution that should be being pursued. It's rarely supported by games, so the majority of the time, the second card sits there doing nothing, or in some cases, games that don't support it actually see LOWER performance. Then in games that do support it, you're talking about a 25-30% performance bump on average for double the GPU power draw and heat output. Plus, on top of that, SLI/Crossfire has an inherent flaw where it introduces increased frame time variance, which can visually result in stuttering, even at extremely high frame rates

NO, im talking crossfire as the game not as the option to run something with 2 gpus
  • oggasywe22 wrote: »
    your CPU is more important than your GPU !
    a good GPU with a Pentium II CPU will give u 10fps. even if u run the newest GPU available.

i have a q9650 quad core and it its the peak of compatibility with my gpu, but in other games that are more demanding then crossfire i get more fps then crossfire (cs go on high 150 fps and cf i get barely 80 fps
  • ProMdb wrote: »
    I also have an AMD Radeon HD 7870, I'm experiencing low fps and huge instability problems. I also submitted a ticket for this but nothing. Hope it gets updated as soon as possible. I take this opportunity to ask for help on the settings of the AMD Radeon software to users who use it. Can anyone give me some advice on settings? Thank you

hopefully someone does show their drivers version, maybe some old ones will run better for cf
  • oggasywe22 wrote: »
    your CPU is more important than your GPU !

I don't know if you were referring to me but anyway I have a pretty good i5, it's not super recent but it's still a decent CPU.
  • Not to be mean, but dude your GPU is just incredibly old and pretty bad. Nothing to do with "AMD in general", old Nvidia gpu's from that time (almost 10 years ago) will struggle just as much. The minimum requirements are a joke and couldn't really run the game properly. This isn't something that can and/or will be fixed, it's just what it is. The game should run on these old cards as it's an old game, but it's poorly optimized and running on an ancient engine, thus delivers relatively poor performance even on more recent low end components.
    All you can do is upgrade to anything more recent, even a 5 year old mid range card and cpu will make you reach the FPS cap (200) constantly with no issues.
  • It has nothing to do with running multiple GPU:s. I am still running my quad-sli GTX 690 from like 2013 with 200+ fps.
  • As we all know, a 64-bit update has arrived to the game. My FPS values are unstable since the 64-bit update came. It might make sense to bring the 32-bit option in addition to the game.