Is crossfire support just a joke?

Hello community I want to know your opinion about that what happened to me. After playing this game for 10 years my accout was scammed 50 days ago, password changed, email changed, IGN changed. I sent fast ticket with a lot of informations about my account, some donating codes, old screenshot from my account, old email password but got 3 times the same ticket back with words I HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS AFTER MY EMAIL WAS CHANGED. Is this just a joke? my account was SCAMMED and support dont want to help me and let me wait 90 days ? are you for real? spent 10 years playing this game and spent like 400 euros to account....

Comments

• Exaact wrote: »
    spent like 400 euros to account....

There's your problem. If you had another zero behind the 400, they might have helped you. :D

Joke aside, it depends on what information you gave them. If you don't have information that only the one who made the account would have (like the date it was made), I wouldn't help either if I were a GM. If you have all that information 90 days is a bit too long. This is a thing that wouldn't be an issue if this game had 2 step-verification like other modern games and pages.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • I believe like most customer service, it's outsourced to India or the Philippines for $0.03 an hour. they just copy and paste scripted replies to everyone.
  • The same thing happened to me a couple years ago except i didnt have to wait 90 days. i just used the first email i got from z8 with the security question and answer, first ign etc. to prove that the account was mine and a GM changed the email address for me. I managed to get back the account same day i lost it.
  • Painanator wrote: »

There's your problem. If you had another zero behind the 400, they might have helped you. :D

Joke aside, it depends on what information you gave them. If you don't have information that only the one who made the account would have (like the date it was made), I wouldn't help either if I were a GM. If you have all that information 90 days is a bit too long. This is a thing that wouldn't be an issue if this game had 2 step-verification like other modern games and pages.

well I gave everything as I said means is enough to prove is my account.. I know even IGN from 2k12, first email and more but I got 3x ticket back with COPY PASTE the same thing I have to wait 90 days no matter what happened with my acount.. Sorry but saying 90 days is nothing ? Imagine I stole your bank account and you will have to wait 90 days when you get it back... they can do everything with my account, blame friends etc... [sorry dont take this as bad answer but Im mad what they did to me] still I dont think is fair what they did COPY PASTE ticket without any try to help me, and yeah is sad someone can change your email without veritification from previous email to new...
  • Burned989 wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me a couple years ago except i didnt have to wait 90 days. i just used the first email i got from z8 with the security question and answer, first ign etc. to prove that the account was mine and a GM changed the email address for me. I managed to get back the account same day i lost it.

You are lucky then.. I just got 3x copy paste answer even I post as I said old screens, 2k12 IGN, first email some old passwords, old donating codes and they still cant help me ... I think support in last years just changed and they dont give anymore about players or how can I understand it?
    Hello community I want to know your opinion about that what happened to me. After playing this game for 10 years my accout was scammed 50 days ago, password changed, email changed, IGN changed. I sent fast ticket with a lot of informations about my account, some donating codes, old screenshot from my account, old email password but got 3 times the same ticket back with words I HAVE TO WAIT 90 DAYS AFTER MY EMAIL WAS CHANGED. Is this just a joke? my account was SCAMMED and support dont want to help me and let me wait 90 days ? are you for real? spent 10 years playing this game and spent like 400 euros to account....
    It is not a joke, if you know someone, they are interested, otherwise they will invest 400 more, and after I have invested 400, they will fix another 400 horses for a confirmation message. Well, everybody is after their bread, electricity, that natural gas, cloth, clothing, food, the weather is cold, maybe it is for him.
  • The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago! How do you deal with it!
  • The 90 days is some absurd rule the management of this game instated to prevent players from recovering the same account over and over. I made a thread addressing it, but sadly it got closed pretty much instantly: https://forum.z8games.com/forum/crossfire/crossfire-barracks/suggestions/6939167-why-account-recovery-currently-doesn-t-work-and-what-can-be-done-to-improve-it

At least MFA is in the works, which would decrease account scamming, so this joke of a recovery system would no longer be needed.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    The 90 days is some absurd rule the management of this game instated to prevent players from recovering the same account over and over. I made a thread addressing it, but sadly it got closed pretty much instantly: https://forum.z8games.com/forum/crossfire/crossfire-barracks/suggestions/6939167-why-account-recovery-currently-doesn-t-work-and-what-can-be-done-to-improve-it

At least MFA is in the works, which would decrease account scamming, so this joke of a recovery system would no longer be needed.

Well as GM said : Additionally, if we believe your account has been stolen sometimes we will work with you to figure that out to work with the 90 days period, not against it . as I said I gave them 2k12 infos about my account, screens more and more but idk if they still think no one has stolen my account or they really dont care and really let wait people 90 days but this system must change ...
  • I have never seen someone at forums saying they are satisfied with support ever. Not saying that they aren't doing anything, but most of the time poeple are not satisfied with z8 customer support.

I wouldn't call them a joke. I would say they are just dealing with problems very slowly to the point of users getting annoyed.

well I gave everything as I said means is enough to prove is my account.. I know even IGN from 2k12, first email and more but I got 3x ticket back with COPY PASTE the same thing I have to wait 90 days no matter what happened with my acount.. Sorry but saying 90 days is nothing ? Imagine I stole your bank account and you will have to wait 90 days when you get it back... they can do everything with my account, blame friends etc... [sorry dont take this as bad answer but Im mad what they did to me] still I dont think is fair what they did COPY PASTE ticket without any try to help me, and yeah is sad someone can change your email without veritification from previous email to new...

I feel for you ,It isn't funny to be hacked. I lost my first account by someone taking control of it and got me banned during the same weekend. I took some years before I created my second account and played CF again. One problem is their terms and services, which we have to say yes to, when creating an account. As it says that we players are the ones that are responsible for our own account security. It means that if they don't want to, they don't need to help anyone, who has been hacked, as It's the player's own fault if that happens. With the low security they have for account creation (no ties to a ID, mobile number or any MFA), it means anybody can hack you at any time. The hacker won't be punished in anyway, the only one that can (and usually is, by loosing their account) be punished, is the victim. It doesn't feel like you want to invest money in something that insecure, when you think about it.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • I think we have to address what exactly 'being hacked' means. Nobody 'hacked' you. You gave them information, or you allowed a keylogger onto your pc unknowingly, etc etc. What we have seen in the past verifies this every single time. 'Being hacked' implies that a bad actor entered our database and stole information which simply did not happen.

So what you might mean is scammed. In that case lets identify the issue you have surrounding the recovery period.

A user can recover an account/email via ticket once every 90 days. This requires enough information asked for in the form you fill out when submitting that kind of ticket. This means that if you get this 90 day response, you or someone else has recovered that account with enough info within the last 3 month period. In this case you have to ask yourself: If it wasn't you that changed it, someone has your information. How does someone get your information? You either give it to them, or they got it from your email, a keylogger, a file on your pc, etc. Let us remember that you are not allowed to share your information or account with anyone.

This means you are not allowed to let your little brother play. Your friend cannot borrow it from you. Your mother is not allowed to log in for you. Grandpa can't play a round of TDM. Only YOU are allowed on the account, and you agree to that when creating the account.

This 90 day period is in place to protect the account itself. This means if someone does steal it from you, and you recover it, they cant recover it again the next day. It is to ensure we dont have recovery wars where an account is recovered 80 times in one day between two people. And believe me when I say this is not an exaggeration as we have seen in the past. If we believe you to own the account, with enough information, we will help you recover it. If you are given the 90 day period response, there is a reason for that. Protect your account, and we will help you do so in turn.

And for the guy who said we outsource support to other countries, I have sat in this office for 6 years and never once have we had anyone answer tickets who was not also part of that office, here in Canada.
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6942921]I think we have to address what exactly 'being hacked' means. Nobody 'hacked' you. You gave them information, or you allowed a keylogger onto your pc unknowingly, etc etc. What we have seen in the past verifies this every single time. 'Being hacked' implies that a bad actor entered our database and stole information which simply did not happen.

So what you might mean is scammed. In that case lets identify the issue you have surrounding the recovery period.

A user can recover an account/email via ticket once every 90 days. This requires enough information asked for in the form you fill out when submitting that kind of ticket. This means that if you get this 90 day response, you or someone else has recovered that account with enough info within the last 3 month period. In this case you have to ask yourself: If it wasn't you that changed it, someone has your information. How does someone get your information? You either give it to them, or they got it from your email, a keylogger, a file on your pc, etc. Let us remember that you are not allowed to share your information or account with anyone.

This means you are not allowed to let your little brother play. Your friend cannot borrow it from you. Your mother is not allowed to log in for you. Grandpa can't play a round of TDM. Only YOU are allowed on the account, and you agree to that when creating the account.

This 90 day period is in place to protect the account itself. This means if someone does steal it from you, and you recover it, they cant recover it again the next day. It is to ensure we dont have recovery wars where an account is recovered 80 times in one day between two people. And believe me when I say this is not an exaggeration as we have seen in the past. If we believe you to own the account, with enough information, we will help you recover it. If you are given the 90 day period response, there is a reason for that. Protect your account, and we will help you do so in turn.

And for the guy who said we outsource support to other countries, I have sat in this office for 6 years and never once have we had anyone answer tickets who was not also part of that office, here in Canada.[/QUOTE]

We're kind of using "hacked" as a general term. I don't think anyone here thinks that they have broken into your database without your knowledge and stolen 1 account. If it were the case that your database had been compromised and you don't tell the public about it, we would still see a tsunami of people who lost their accounts, which we haven't.

If we are talking hacked for real, it's more plausible that they hacked the database of his mail, published that list of names and PW's for free somewhere on the net. Where someone later logged into his account and found the old mail with his CF information. Though that cyber-criminal have to be pretty lucky to happen on a player of the game that he also plays. There is however a business in selling other peoples information and it isn't all credit-card numbers and secret documents that is sold.

Doesn't need to be a key-logger, though that is most probable (especially if a public network was used), he might also have the information saved somewhere on his computer and it was his computer that was hacked.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6942921]I think we have to address what exactly 'being hacked' means. Nobody 'hacked' you. You gave them information, or you allowed a keylogger onto your pc unknowingly, etc etc. What we have seen in the past verifies this every single time. 'Being hacked' implies that a bad actor entered our database and stole information which simply did not happen.

And for the guy who said we outsource support to other countries, I have sat in this office for 6 years and never once have we had anyone answer tickets who was not also part of that office, here in Canada.[/QUOTE]

Hello there, thanks for your reply. So what can I do right now ? do I have to wait until 90 days or should I try it again? already sent 3 ticked and got 3x ticket copy paste back. [btw if this topic looks like Im blaming someone then its not what I wanted to do Im just mad my account was scammed and I cant get it back]

So if I go and play CrossFire on my grandpa's PC am I not entitled to account recovery in case poor old grandpa got a keylogger from those nasty ads all over the internet?! How is that supportive or "NICE" out of your CANADIAN team? are you sure you guys are Canadian? Every other big gaming company encourages friends getting together and play which isn't the same as "account sharing", in case something goes wrong it's called "theft"!
    It's like going to the police when your car gets stolen - will they not help you if you left the keys in ignition with the engine running and someone stole it? please don't join the police after this game inevitably fails due to your repeated bad decisions and horrible customer service, Z8! I want my car back!!
  • Andrew1798 wrote: »

It's like going to the police when your car gets stolen - will they not help you if you left the keys in ignition with the engine running and someone stole it? please don't join the police after this game inevitably fails due to your repeated bad decisions, Z8! I want my car back!!

The police will probably help you (at least in most countries), but the insurance company will be less helpful.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • When I see some posts I tell myself that sometimes silence is better than speaking without thinking beforehand. (I'm talking about some answers not from the author's post) As Kanadian said the only 2 ways to have access to an account are: If the person has given their login details / If the person has involuntarily given their login details through a keylogger in both cases it is the player's fault. If you don't know how to navigate the internet being careful where you click or what you download in this case you take an anti-virus.

It's been more than 10 years that I play different games I have never had an account stolen, all the players who had their account "hacked" were their fault either via a phishing site or because they have shared their identifiers.

Hello there, thanks for your reply. So what can I do right now ? do I have to wait until 90 days or should I try it again? already sent 3 ticked and got 3x ticket copy paste back. [btw if this topic looks like Im blaming someone then its not what I wanted to do Im just mad my account was scammed and I cant get it back]

Unfortunately based on what I understand of the situation without seeing the individual account, its pretty much sounding like waiting the 90 days. I can understand the frustration behind it, but its done to protect more accounts than it hinders.
  • Andrew1798 wrote: »

So if I go and play CrossFire on my grandpa's PC am I not entitled to account recovery in case poor old grandpa got a keylogger from those nasty ads all over the internet?!
    No, you're absolutely entitled to recovery if YOU played on grandpa's PC. However you are also responsible to protect your information, and should act on it as soon as the account is lost. If it was your entire information that they took (birthday, creation date of your account, email, transaction IDs, secret question and answer, etc) then you will have to wait if they recovered using that information. This is the policy, and it will not change no matter how many times you attempt to question what country I come from (which tbh I dont understand the point of? Anyway) .
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6942957]

Unfortunately based on what I understand of the situation without seeing the individual account, its pretty much sounding like waiting the 90 days. I can understand the frustration behind it, but its done to protect more accounts than it hinders.[/QUOTE]

Is there any way I write a new ticket with all infos that I got about my account and you will look on it ?I might easy prove is my account since I have old IGNs, passwords,screenshots, acces to email on which my account was veritifed and more...
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6942958]
    No, you're absolutely entitled to recovery if YOU played on grandpa's PC. However you are also responsible to protect your information, and should act on it as soon as the account is lost. If it was your entire information that they took (birthday, creation date of your account, email, transaction IDs, secret question and answer, etc) then you will have to wait if they recovered using that information. This is the policy, and it will not change no matter how many times you attempt to question what country I come from (which tbh I dont understand the point of? Anyway) .

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for explaining it, then I think I got all worked up for nothing, sorry! Still, I heard people talking about an exploit in your system that let's them find the secret question and answer, birthday and creation date - could you confirm if there were issues with this? (exploit based on Lost Saga website and maybe some payment methods?) Meaning that they would really only need the ID and the Password to get full access on any account.

About the country thing - canadians have a reputation of being nice.