Crossfire's servers still a mess after a long period

It's been years since their last pronounce about the current situation of the servers itself. The game is almost unplayable, eveen in EUROPE the servers are a complete sh"#. Everyone is complaining about the server latency and what crossfire does? Exactly, nothing... they prefer to keep working on new events and usesless stuff, rather than fixing their poor server's performance, until when they will keep ignoring this fact?
If you are going to comment about my internet speed, get more than 500 kb/s before commenting about others internet.

Comments

• Since i got 100 mb/s inet (200x more than you stated) heres my comment: latency and speed are different things. high bit/s doesnt mean it will arrive faster...

Still i agree that cf needs to work on their servers. Happened several times that all rooms crashed and channels werent even too full.
  • fl0rians wrote: »
    Since i got 100 mb/s inet (200x more than you stated) heres my comment: latency and speed are different things. high bit/s doesnt mean it will arrive faster...

Still i agree that cf needs to work on their servers. Happened several times that all rooms crashed and channels werent even too full.

There's more issues happening because of the poor performance of their servers, even the gameplay is affected by that.
  • ElNano wrote: »
    It's been years since their last pronounce about the current situation of the servers itself. The game is almost unplayable, eveen in EUROPE the servers are a complete sh"#. Everyone is complaining about the server latency and what crossfire does? Exactly, nothing... they prefer to keep working on new events and usesless stuff, rather than fixing their poor server's performance, until when they will keep ignoring this fact?
    If you are going to comment about my internet speed, get more than 500 kb/s before commenting about others internet.

this is 100% true
  • Play Spacelords until Crossfire server is fixed my friend.
    SL is quite fun as well. Alternating between the 2 games beat all kinds of server problems such as maintenance and full server etc.
  • i play in zm mode iin NA server and no has problem. yes EU servers lags, but this was fixed. waite pls.
  • It seems like you guys are new into the game, so I will be explaining the reason behind this topic. Starting with the servers itself, they are outdated, it is been years dealing with this issue and a game like this should not be like this. The game masters are incompetents, instead of fixing all the issues related to the game,no, their prefer to ignore the fact that the game runs like s"#$t and keep farming money to fill their pockets.
    It seems like you guys are new into the game, so I will be explaining the reason behind this topic. Starting with the servers itself, they are outdated, it is been years dealing with this issue and a game like this should not be like this. The game masters are incompetents, instead of fixing all the issues related to the game,no, their prefer to ignore the fact that the game runs like s"#$t and keep farming money to fill their pockets.

It seems like you haven't been following the CF news. EU Alpha & Bravo are new servers which they are testing out. They want us to report any problems like errors and such via tickets as detailed as possible. It will be some months until they are finished with the testing.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »

It seems like you haven't been following the CF news. EU Alpha & Bravo are new servers which they are testing out. They want us to report any problems like errors and such via tickets as detailed as possible. It will be some months until they are finished with the testing.

Plenty of tickets being sending and without a decent answer, instead of it they will close the ticket without let you answer it.The lack of communication from them with their users is unacceptable, just look at the current state of the game.

Plenty of tickets being sending and without a decent answer, instead of it they will close the ticket without let you answer it.The lack of communication from them with their users is unacceptable, just look at the current state of the game.

Those tickets (the ones about the new servers) are not meant to be answered, just sent. Most of the time they are working fine (by CF standards).
    Some errors with ZM, but that is nothing new, personally I won't play the newest maps until the server tests are over.
    Errors in ranked, which they have warned about. Anyone playing ranked does it on their own risk and won't get any lost points back (Meaning don't play ranked until they announce that it's okay).
    The hit-reg goes up and down more than it used to (though it was crap before), yesterday almost none of my shots hit their target in sniper-TDM, even though they should have. They did hit when they shouldn't (I got fed up and shot about 1m to the right of an enemy, when my shots didn't hit him and that shot got registered as a HS). I also kept getting killed when I was covering about 2-3 sec after peeking out. No ones ping were extra high or any ping-spikes, so it wasn't that. It might have been the map though, as it only happened on the map with the train.
    This is to be expected though, I would guess at least 2 months more, until they are finished.
    JackPain (Sweden)

There's a channel where the players can report issues related to the "new" servers, you can always search for it.
    This issue is being solve for months, you can check their topic talking about it.
    Even Charlie channel is being affected, should we wait for another topic talking about the samething? We all know how hard is to setup a server, they should make a special section allowing the players to test it on their own risk and bring a more stable server so the players can keep playing their game in peace without the servers going down constantly.

Check page 23 of that thread. GM says end of January, but I would guess at least 2 more months until it's finished.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • There is something wrong going on. In NA one moment was full and next seconds kaboom. All players got d/c. So can any of you care to explain what the heck is going on?
  • buyaka334 wrote: »
    There is something wrong going on. In NA one moment was full and next seconds kaboom. All players got d/c. So can any of you care to explain what the heck is going on?

It is really hard to guess what is going on, can be DDOS, overloaded or any technical issue.