To avoid cheaters

I thought of an idea to prevent and prevent those who use cheats, hackers to some extent. Namely;

A damage limit should be set and the moment that damage is exceeded, they should be dropped, error or banned.
- A certain maximum movement speed should be placed in the game and when the movement speed is exceeded, it should give an error or a ban
- When there is a bullet passing through the wall, the system should detect it and remove that person from the game or give an error or ban
- When the whole body passes through the wall, they should have sanctions in the same way and these should be instantaneous so that the person is subject to instant sanction.

This subject can be extended further, I would appreciate if you write down the ideas that come to your mind .. We can overcome it all together ..! Don't leave your thoughts in a corner, leave it to the forum! ;)

Comments

• {Mamy} wrote: »
    I thought of an idea to prevent and prevent those who use cheats, hackers to some extent. Namely;

A damage limit should be set and the moment that damage is exceeded, they should be dropped, error or banned.
    - A certain maximum movement speed should be placed in the game and when the movement speed is exceeded, it should give an error or a ban
    - When there is a bullet passing through the wall, the system should detect it and remove that person from the game or give an error or ban
    - When the whole body passes through the wall, they should have sanctions in the same way and these should be instantaneous so that the person is subject to instant sanction.

This subject can be extended further, I would appreciate if you write down the ideas that come to your mind .. We can overcome it all together ..! Don't leave your thoughts in a corner, leave it to the forum! ;)

+1 to Damage and Movement

The other 2 are a little more troublesome.
    As you are supposed to be able to shoot trough certain walls and objects, this might should be taken into consideration.
    There are bugs in maps that makes you pass through the floor or walls without you wanting to do it. You usually die when this happens though.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »

+1 to Damage and Movement

The other 2 are a little more troublesome.
    As you are supposed to be able to shoot trough certain walls and objects, this might should be taken into consideration.
    There are bugs in maps that makes you pass through the floor or walls without you wanting to do it. You usually die when this happens though.

Thank you for your comment and interest :) My last 2 suggestions were for those who enter underground and shoot from there and those who pass through the wall .. However, I am glad we agreed with the first 2 suggestions. :)
  • Or maybe, just maybe a new anticheat system. A better one who does his job. As you all may see, this one that we have, its easily bypassed.
  • Movement check could work most cases, it could easily be done in SD. Some mutant, ZM and TD maps have boosters so max speed would have to be set incredible high and therefore useless.
    And whats the max dmg one can do? Snipers can kill several players in one shot or a wide nade on the whole team stacked together... Mutant and ZM also have dmg boosts so no chance again.

Some easy checks could reduce the number of hacks but not too much work should be invested as there are types that cant be detected that way.
  • buyaka334 wrote: »
    Or maybe, just maybe a new anticheat system. A better one who does his job. As you all may see, this one that we have, its easily bypassed.

The ultimate anti-cheat system is to NEVER trust the client. A good start for Smilegate would be is to periodically validate some of the collision detection calculations on the servers so that it effectively gets rid of speed/aim/recoil/map cheaters ...

Getting rid of wallers who see other players behind the wall would also involve moving the visibility determination code to the servers as well so that they are the ones to compute the visibility and the servers would then only reveal the position of other players who are actually in the view of the player itself ...

The staff behind Smilegate are obviously too oblivious to realize the fact that deploying client-side anti-cheat is a lost cause so the game is always going to have cheaters. The game's dumb anti-cheat system is mostly down to it's own crappy design ...