Banned for 15 days because of ranked cheater

​​​​​​Please read the full text before answering, so you dont get wrong impressions.

So apparently, a friend of mine got banned for 15 days due to queuing with a cheater in ranked. He plays ranked only with clanmates and none of the clanmates was banned. He said he only played two times with random guys who he met on ranked and added them because of good scores. He is sure none was a blatant cheater, so he couldnt tell if they were legit or not.
I can understand when someone queuing with a blatant cheater who reks the whole room in seconds getting banned. But playing with someone who indeed cheats, but hides it so he doesnt get banned, and still getting the same treatment is unfair in my opinion. He sent many tickets and the GMs ignored the fact that he has no idea who was the cheater and also they didnt give away his name. He lost his temper and insulted them after many tickets, I ask sorry on behalf of him, but I can understand him, he feels he was treated unfairly, he was on the verge of completing mercenary pass and was doing good on ranked season.

I would appreciate if the GM team review this and change their decision, also I would like to see the community's insight on this.

Comments

• Queueing with a cheater is bannable. No matter if the cheater hide or not his hack. What's your "friend" excuse? That the cheater hides his hack? Next time think twice before you/your friend do that.
  • It's harsh, but sadly the only way to deal with people getting benefits from playing with cheaters. The only thing someone can do, is to report the teammate if you suspect him/her of cheating. The truth is though, that probably everyone in the game, has played with a cheater one time or another without realizing it, because of subtle cheats. But you won't get banned if you do it once, even if your friend says so. It means that it happened more than once and the GM's thought that it was obvious enough, even if he didn't.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • buyaka334 wrote: »
    Queueing with a cheater is bannable. No matter if the cheater hide or not his hack. What's your "friend" excuse? That the cheater hides his hack? Next time think twice before you/your friend do that.

That's exactly why the first phrase I wrote was to read the full text but everyone in this forum will say his bs no matter what.
    First it's my friend, not me. Second, my friend didn't even know someone from his queue was cheating. They were randoms that he added because they had good scores (this is what most people do anyway). None was openly cheating, so he thought they were legit. Getting banned for queueing with obvious cheaters makes sense, but this one is different.
  • Painanator wrote: »
    It's harsh, but sadly the only way to deal with people getting benefits from playing with cheaters. The only thing someone can do, is to report the teammate if you suspect him/her of cheating. The truth is though, that probably everyone in the game, has played with a cheater one time or another without realizing it, because of subtle cheats. But you won't get banned if you do it once, even if your friend says so. It means that it happened more than once and the GM's thought that it was obvious enough, even if he didn't.

Well, he didn't realise who was it and even the GMs denied to tell him the hacker's ign, because their policy doesnt allow it. My mate said he played with randoms 2-3 times, so tbh I don't know whats up with this situation. He was just so mad, thats why I'm trying to find some reason by posting here.

Also, nice post, you definitely understood whats the situation, unlike the autist above.
    I also saw other posts of you, hope you get some rewards like GS ribbon or power in discord, because you really do put effort in the community, unlike some others who only good at licking the GM's boots
  • YRURUNNiN wrote: »

Well, he didn't realise who was it and even the GMs denied to tell him the hacker's ign, because their policy doesnt allow it. My mate said he played with randoms 2-3 times, so tbh I don't know whats up with this situation. He was just so mad, thats why I'm trying to find some reason by posting here.

Also, nice post, you definitely understood whats the situation, unlike the autist above.
    I also saw other posts of you, hope you get some rewards like GS ribbon or power in discord, because you really do put effort in the community, unlike some others who only good at licking the GM's boots

Thanks. Unfortunally, GS Ribbon is out for me, as I don't use Discord. I just write what I think and try to help when I can. I try to have a positive outlook in life (though sometimes it's hard to find something to be positive about) otherwise you just dig down into a negative trench with everything happening in the world. I do like to troll a little though sometimes.:D

I too think it's a pity that they hold so hard on their privacy policy. If someone cheated and was permanently banned because of it, do that person really deserve that privacy? If I would be deciding, I'd have a wall-of-shame page, with their IGN's for all to see.

It's getting a bit hard with these things though, as in the last year, internet privacy has become more of a topic in many countries politics and laws are constantly changing. Companies like Smile-Gate might like to cover their A's, just so they can't get sued in the end.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]ShadowRo;n6941661][USER="26498986"]YRURUNNiN[/USER]

1. You cannot speak on behalf of other users, each one must deal with that kind of issue on support center.

2. As Painanator already mentioned : you only know what your friend say to you, AND it may be the true ... or not entirely as your friend may not tell all story OR he think he know all, but he can be wrong about.

3. Carefull with language please, do not use the name of a illness as an insult, not even as a joke, noone wish to be sick.
    [/QUOTE]

1. He already contacted support himself, I wanted to see what the community thinks about it and I have every right to do it.
    2. His words are true, he is a veteran player and he doesn't need cheating/boosting, he wasnt even going for top100, he was just enjoying playing ranked. Why should he lie? Also your last sentence makes no sense.
    3. Alright, find me a word for this guy up there and I will be fine.
  • YRURUNNiN wrote: »
    ​​​​​​Please read the full text before answering, so you dont get wrong impressions.

So apparently, a friend of mine got banned for 15 days due to queuing with a cheater in ranked. He plays ranked only with clanmates and none of the clanmates was banned. He said he only played two times with random guys who he met on ranked and added them because of good scores. He is sure none was a blatant cheater, so he couldnt tell if they were legit or not.
    I can understand when someone queuing with a blatant cheater who reks the whole room in seconds getting banned. But playing with someone who indeed cheats, but hides it so he doesnt get banned, and still getting the same treatment is unfair in my opinion. He sent many tickets and the GMs ignored the fact that he has no idea who was the cheater and also they didnt give away his name. He lost his temper and insulted them after many tickets, I ask sorry on behalf of him, but I can understand him, he feels he was treated unfairly, he was on the verge of completing mercenary pass and was doing good on ranked season.

I would appreciate if the GM team review this and change their decision, also I would like to see the community's insight on this.

So you say that your friend was queuing with a cheater. What happened to the cheater?
    Did the GM team check the guy that you say hides his cheats? What was the outcome there? You say that the GMs did not give your friend the name of the cheater, but you say that your friend Added the cheaters and if so, why doesn't he just ask them directly?
  • AtomAntz wrote: »

So you say that your friend was queuing with a cheater. What happened to the cheater?
    Did the GM team check the guy that you say hides his cheats? What was the outcome there? You say that the GMs did not give your friend the name of the cheater, but you say that your friend Added the cheaters and if so, why doesn't he just ask them directly?

Cheater was probably banned, my friend asked the GMs who was, but they gave 0 info. He didn't know the guys, they were random and since he is banned now can't see who hasn't logged in. Only the GMs knows who was he.
  • buyaka334 wrote: »
    Queueing with a cheater is bannable. No matter if the cheater hide or not his hack. What's your "friend" excuse? That the cheater hides his hack? Next time think twice before you/your friend do that.

Road to CF moderator day #956: still hard stuck in the forum.
  • I completely agree with Painanator a wall of shame should be created, it would give players a idea what players to steer clear from. I do believe your friend could’ve had no clue he was playing with a hacker and that it was already to late for him to realise before he got banned, that’s why they should publicly show hacker’s name so he at least has a chance to defend himself and see who the hacker was he played it.

Sadly, your friend got the same treatment as players willingly teaming with cheaters and sadly these players give the same argument as your friend did: “I wasn’t aware”. This is a story of a few persons ruining it for the many.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    I completely agree with Painanator a wall of shame should be created, it would give players a idea what players to steer clear from. I do believe your friend could’ve had no clue he was playing with a hacker and that it was already to late for him to realise before he got banned, that’s why they should publicly show hacker’s name so he at least has a chance to defend himself and see who the hacker was he played it.

Sadly, your friend got the same treatment as players willingly teaming with cheaters and sadly these players give the same argument as your friend did: “I wasn’t aware”. This is a story of a few persons ruining it for the many.

Good reasoning. I mean this could happen to everyone playing ranked. I also add random people when I see they carry matches and queue some games with them. I can't tell if someone is cheating until I see clear evidence, but in high divisions, cheaters are careful not to openly cheat and getting banned.

A wall of shame would be indeed a good idea.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    I completely agree with Painanator a wall of shame should be created, it would give players a idea what players to steer clear from. I do believe your friend could’ve had no clue he was playing with a hacker and that it was already to late for him to realise before he got banned, that’s why they should publicly show hacker’s name so he at least has a chance to defend himself and see who the hacker was he played it.

+ 1 Have to agree with you. A wall of shame is really what the player community have been been after for years now. So many previous posts on this. It would help in so many ways and show us that something does indeed happen to the hackers. I know for a fact that we are not just talking about low ranks here, although that does seem to be the majority.
    Name and Shame for a better game.
  • a wall of shame here would be here in cf just over flooded, since to make a new account is just a few minutes, first we would really need a Phone Number Verfication in the accounts, soit cant just be made 1 account after another, and i see anyways in the last few days where i tried my m4x out, so many 5 star accounts that somebody bought, that guys did even play really worse then any rookie, so yeah when we could regulate the Accounts Creations then we could do a Wall of Shame, but right now, it would really just be overflooded xD