Get an email notification when you Crossfire password gets changed

Hello CF community
Since i lost access to my alt account , i dont know what to do , tried many ways to recover it but nothing.
I never changed the password or anything, played on it since 2018 without any problem ,and yesterday i saw a message " your password is incorrect" and i was angry.
Anyway, sorry thats not the topic , just wanted to suggest to add an option to receive email notification when your password gets changed!
Sorry for my english, its my third language!

Comments

• If you keep your account safe and PC clean, I'm sure you won't need this suggestion.

-1 unnecessary, but wouldn't hurt anyone if happened
  • so u pretty much dont agree with this suggestion , also i always keep my account safe and my pc protected
  • omg lol , "Let's suppose you will get an email from z8 : "Your crossfire account passwrod was changed" ..." with that i can see if i changed the pass or not , also i just used it as example , no need to tell me how to get the account back, peace and bye
  • [USER="7597733"][MOD]ShadowRo[/USER] what exactly is the point you're trying to make? We all know how to recover accounts. This suggestion is to prevent intruders to do irreversible damage to a account.

For example, imagine someone logging in to your account, quickly selling all your GP items or start spinning saved up crates. By quickly changing the password when you get a notification you might be able to prevent such a thing from happening.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    [USER="7597733"][MOD]ShadowRo[/USER] what exactly is the point your trying to make? We all know how to recover accounts. This suggestion is to prevent intruders to do irreversible damage to a account.

For example, imagine someone logging in to your account, quickly selling all your GP items or start spinning saved up crates. By quickly changing the password when you get a notification you might be able to prevent such a thing from happening.

Can you change your password that often? Or was the 6 month waiting period, only for mail. I haven't changed that often, so I am curious.

if that is so then +1

Don't know how much of an impact it will do though. If I hacked someone, the first thing I would do is to change the email address. That is, if I didn't steal that one before the account, as big hacks and releases of passwords, is usually of mail sites or sites like Facebook. Most "hackers" aren't really hackers, they find info already hacked and leaked to the public and use that info. Or simply buy such lists, if they aren't free.

But then again, when someone gets their account stolen here, it's probably because they shared info with "friends" or used a public network or a public computer, which is about 0% secure.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »

Can you change your password that often? Or was the 6 month waiting period, only for mail. I haven't changed that often, so I am curious.

if that is so then +1

Don't know how much of an impact it will do though. If I hacked someone, the first thing I would do is to change the email address. That is, if I didn't steal that one before the account, as big hacks and releases of passwords, is usually of mail sites or sites like Facebook. Most "hackers" aren't really hackers, they find info already hacked and leaked to the public and use that info. Or simply buy such lists, if they aren't free.

But then again, when someone gets their account stolen here, it's probably because they shared info with "friends" or used a public network or a public computer, which is about 0% secure.

The 90 days waiting period only counts for the email, you can change your password as many times as you like. You can only change the email adres when you press the link send by Z8Games to your Email, so if someone only has your ID/PW, he won't be able to change your email adres.

In the end this might not do much, but it is at least a step closer to more proper account protection. In the end 2-step verification is the only thing that would truly help for account protection.
  • uffff m8, just used my alt account as example.
  • I agree with this suggestion it would hep us alot