New Server Incentivization

Hello there players, GMs, shadow devs, and Katfix the smelly.

So as we all know, new servers were implemented for EU recently to deal with the various issues the servers have been having for awhile. However, these servers are currently under testing phase. They do however, seem to work fairly well....that is...when you find a room worth playing there. As it seems everyone playing in EU servers are still gravitating towards EU Delta which, while it is sometimes better, it's still not stable and for many they still can't even connect to EU delta. Now you'd think that would mean they'd move to a server that is more stable but still gives them lower ping like one of the new servers in testing. But they aren't. So to get more stable public rooms and to fully test these new servers I feel there should be some incentive to convince players to play there. Here's some basic ideas on what that could be:

Incentive ideas:
-50% (or more) Exp boost on these servers

-50% (or more) GP boost on these servers

-Some kind of event focusing on these servers (while could garner more attention as it would bring people who wouldnt play in EU to begin with then). Such an event could be like our weekend event where if you play X amount of time per day in one of the new servers you get a couple of crates.

-No Death event in that server. We used to occasionally get these events anyways where deaths wouldn't count towards the kdr. (obviously farm rooms would probably take advantage of this over regular match players unfortunately so that's a con.)

-Other ideas?

The only alternative for getting players to play on the new servers would be to temporarily close off delta until the issues are truly fixed with it. Seems silly to leave it running if there are working servers for everyone for the same region. Though perhaps it's left open for the ranked aspect sense they had believed ranked might not work with the new servers during testing.
But as it stands the new test servers seem pointless if majority of players will just continue to try to play on a server that still suffers significant issues and it only alienates players who can't access the populated unstable server and would lag significantly on servers outside of the EU ones.

Comments

• Maybe even double certain rewards in some modes like ZM or Wave Mode.
  • I think the only way to get people to leave delta and play on the 2 new ones, is to close it.
    A lot of people probably don't know that there are new servers, they just see were the players are and play there. Posting it here in the forum won't help, as there are so many people who are too lazy to check in once a day. Posting it in other social-media won't help that much either I think, if it were to follow the usual pattern. Even if an event is posted everywhere, 2/3 players will run around brainless in game (often through many matches, until they understand) and ask about the event, instead of just checking in once here and read for 2-3 minutes. Posting it in-game won't help, as there are too few people that speak English fluently and there is not translator software in-game.

So the easiest (and surest) way to get this done, is to simply close EU-Delta.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • I’m all for giving players incentive for playing on EU Test servers and think the events you came up with currently are spot on in delivering it.
    Painanator wrote: »
    I think the only way to get people to leave delta and play on the 2 new ones, is to close it.
    A lot of people probably don't know that there are new servers, they just see were the players are and play there. Posting it here in the forum won't help, as there are so many people who are too lazy to check in once a day. Posting it in other social-media won't help that much either I think, if it were to follow the usual pattern. Even if an event is posted everywhere, 2/3 players will run around brainless in game (often through many matches, until they understand) and ask about the event, instead of just checking in once here and read for 2-3 minutes. Posting it in-game won't help, as there are too few people that speak English fluently and there is not translator software in-game.

So the easiest (and surest) way to get this done, is to simply close EU-Delta.

If they clearly announce it in game by server announcement, most would probably see it. They could even go a step further and give people a pop up when entering the game (as they do now when you haven’t verified your account yet).
  • Utmost wrote: »
    I’m all for giving players incentive for playing on EU Test servers and think the events you came up with currently are spot on in delivering it.

If they clearly announce it in game by server announcement, most would probably see it. They could even go a step further and give people a pop up when entering the game (as they do now when you haven’t verified your account yet).

A popup might work. If they don't understand what is going on, they might at least check into the forum after seeing it and use translate on the announcements. Just a server announcement might be missed or ignored. Remember, we ARE talking about the CF community.;):p:)
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »

A popup might work. If they don't understand what is going on, they might at least check into the forum after seeing it and use translate on the announcements. Just a server announcement might be missed or ignored. Remember, we ARE talking about the CF community.;):p:)

Very fair point lmao.