Automatic Q switch option on pistol or grenades instead of knife

Dear community,

As a sniper player, a pistol can be essential, specifically in game modes like FFA where your enemies can pretty much spawn on you or camp on the spawns. Hence why I want to be able to switch to my pistol as quickly as possible.

Currently, upon respawning in any PvP mode, you automatically switch to your knife upon pressing Q. I want there to be a option in the settings to be able to automatically switch to your pistol instead, so close combat situations can quickly be countered by drawing pistol. For those who rather switch to their grenades, this could also be a option.

This option would of course have no effect on other modes where you don't immediately spawn with full bags (most EM maps) and knife/sniper/pistol/shotgun only modes.

I would love to know what you guys think.

Comments

• mousewheel down leads you to the secondary bag (pistol)
    button 2 right above the the Q will lead you to the secondary bag.
  • The title should've been "How to turn CrossFire PC into a mobile game"

-1 didn't like this suggestion. People shouldn't be that lazy.
  • Sorry for double posting, the forum seems to not load my posts properly.
    oggasywe22 wrote: »
    mousewheel down leads you to the secondary bag (pistol)
    button 2 right above the the Q will lead you to the secondary bag.

I don't use mouse wheel because it can be unpredictable due to it being too sensitive, I have it turned off completely in CF. As for using numeric keys, that's what I'm currently doing in combination with Q, but I find Q more conveniently placed than 2 so would rather switch to pistol immediately using Q.
    The title should've been "How to turn CrossFire PC into a mobile game"

-1 didn't like this suggestion. People shouldn't be that lazy.

I just find Q more conveniently placed than numeric keys. I normally am fine using numeric keys but due to people camping spawns or spawning right on me in FFA I would love to be able to counter them more quickly. What's so lazy about that?
  • Utmost wrote: »
    Dear community,

As a sniper player, a pistol can be essential, specifically in game modes like FFA where your enemies can pretty much spawn on you or camp on the spawns. Hence why I want to be able to switch to my pistol as quickly as possible.

Currently, upon respawning in any PvP mode, you automatically switch to your knife upon pressing Q. I want there to be a option in the settings to be able to automatically switch to your pistol instead, so close combat situations can quickly be countered by drawing pistol. For those who rather switch to their grenades, this could also be a option.

This option would of course have no effect on other modes where you don't immediately spawn with full bags (most EM maps) and knife/sniper/pistol/shotgun only modes.

I would love to know what you guys think.

How i did it for me is i changed in Options the Hotkey "previous Weapon" for me to ALT hotkey, so i just need to press one Time on the Keyboard "2" Key and then can switch with "ALT" between sniper and Pistol fast, or you could try to Change the "Sub Weapon" hotkey from "2" to "Q" then you get on Q instant your Pistol
  • Quake444 wrote: »

How i did it for me is i changed in Options the Hotkey "previous Weapon" for me to ALT hotkey, so i just need to press one Time on the Keyboard "2" Key and then can switch with "ALT" between sniper and Pistol fastl

That would still require me to press 2 first, than being able to switch with one button. I rather just switch to pistol immediately.
    Quake444 wrote: »
    or you could try to Change the "Sub Weapon" hotkey from "2" to "Q" then you get on Q instant your Pistol

This is a good tip, though this would lead me to not being able to switch between melee and sniper with Q anymore (which I at times also like to do when I have more range).
  • Utmost wrote: »

That would still require me to press 2 first, than being able to switch with one button. I rather just switch to pistol immediately.

This is a good tip, though this would lead me to not being able to switch between melee and sniper with Q anymore (which I at times also like to do when I have more range).

yeah thats what was just in my mind to give as a tip, even i know you mean it good with the suggestion i dont think it will be introduced since it would require some coding to set it options in and to make it work properly, and since we just get stuff copy &paste from cf chine, i wont think it will happen never the less +1 from mee if it helps others
  • I see ur point Utmost , and I kinda have the same hard time for I play FFA with a sniper too , I solve it by changing the settings during the time I play FFA to Q = changing to main weapon instead of previous weapon and 2 = changing to pistol , so the 2 buttons are close to each other
    and I like to see a certain button to change only 2 weapons back and forth instead of the previous weapon eg. a certain button = changing between main and pistol , another certain button = changing between main and melee , so everyone can set the setting as they prefer
  • The problem isn't actually Q since your last weapon is melee (players spawn in with Melee first that why players make a knife sound effect when they spawn in.
  • Quake444 wrote: »

yeah thats what was just in my mind to give as a tip, even i know you mean it good with the suggestion i dont think it will be introduced since it would require some coding to set it options in and to make it work properly, and since we just get stuff copy &paste from cf chine, i wont think it will happen never the less +1 from mee if it helps others

Fair point, there is rarely any use suggesting anything, but it sure is fun to discuss new ideas.
    V_sS wrote: »
    I see ur point Utmost , and I kinda have the same hard time for I play FFA with a sniper too , I solve it by changing the settings during the time I play FFA to Q = changing to main weapon instead of previous weapon and 2 = changing to pistol , so the 2 buttons are close to each other
    and I like to see a certain button to change only 2 weapons back and forth instead of the previous weapon eg. a certain button = changing between main and pistol , another certain button = changing between main and melee , so everyone can set the setting as they prefer

This is actually a very good tip too, might try this until I find a more permanent solution. Thank you! As for other key binding options, I'm all for it.
    Darkfiro7 wrote: »
    The problem isn't actually Q since your last weapon is melee (players spawn in with Melee first that why players make a knife sound effect when they spawn in.

Good point, though I think it would do no harm changing to the pistol instead of melee when a pistol is equipped.