Nerf Mass Mutation Mode (non-escape): Demon Terminator overkill

Please review this if you are a fan of Dawn Village, too.

As a years-old player of this game, I have seen so many complaints about the unbalance of this mass mutation mode (non escape) where regular Commando is too weak to survive, especially mutants are well-supported with supply boxes and no evolution reset on death like Hero mode X. Also, many would agree that Demon Terminator is overkill and ridiculously easy to wipe out all the regular commandos with a one-shot right click :confused: (this is practically not a good experience for those as a commando: very frustrating). Demon Terminator Players can just spam right click for one-shot, having 13000+ HP and rage G skill gives this terminator too easy to play that becomes boring sometimes (to be honest, people don't actually prefer an easy win EVERYTIME they pick Demon Ter, as totally 0 skill needed compared to Fire Terminator). It needs A LOT OF NERF OR regular Commando can withstand the 1-shot (more HP or so..., he's like an ant now) and deal more damage (as I've seen so many 700-1400 HP slashes against 9,000k+ HP non-terminator mutants :().

Additionally, Special Terminator Supply box arrives 30s+ before Super Hero Box, which isn't fair as both kinds of Terminators have already wiping out the game in a few seconds. I would strongly recommend the Special Hero supply boxes to be available as soon as their's a chance to becomes commando by pressing E or arrives ealier. I see that there are lots of bots which contribute to the raging of mutants, too and... bots don't help soldiers :'( I understand the challenge to get to be the last to survive but it shouldn't be this extreme...

Having said that, you and the dev team can take my feedback as a note to consider. This is the perspective of me as a software developer. So, thank you for your time. If you will, please go and play a few matches in any Dawn Village where most people prefer. I believe you'll see the same answer, when every game ending with soldier win =< 5 rounds out of 17 :(

Comments

• Demon Terminator is definitely overpowered. Mass-HMX was fairly well balanced before they added the Demon Terminator.

It's no surprise, though. Mutation Modes are pretty unbalanced in general. In Mass Escape, it's nearly impossible to win as Soldiers, Xeno/Havoc are overpowered in HMX, and the less I say about the absolute balancing nightmare that is HMX-Parasite, the better.
  • You have written well, but when there are so many problems in the game, they don't care about it :D or it takes years for them to be interested :D
  • TonyAT wrote: »
    I see that there are lots of bots which contribute to the raging of mutants, too and... bots don't help soldiers :'( I understand the challenge to get to be the last to survive but it shouldn't be this extreme...

I think this is the biggest issue in Mass Mutation currently. It's very easy to get a soldier win when I play with friends more familiar to Mutation Modes. On the other hand, when I join public rooms, most players just don't know how to effectively play the mode. For example, players join the room playing with a AK CFS while there are plenty of MG/Shotgun available for free that outmatch the AK CFS in any sense of the word. To add to this, I haven't even mentioned players not even picking up the boxes. The grenade launcher and rocket launcher are essential in fighting off the mutants, but considering no one ever picks them up, or time it poorly and get mutated, there is rarely a soldier win in public rooms.

The issue isn't only with the mode being too unbalanced, it's mostly the players simply not knowing how to properly play it.
  • Utmost wrote: »

I think this is the biggest issue in Mass Mutation currently. It's very easy to get a soldier win when I play with friends more familiar to Mutation Modes. On the other hand, when I join public rooms, most players just don't know how to effectively play the mode. For example, players join the room playing with a AK CFS while there are plenty of MG/Shotgun available for free that outmatch the AK CFS in any sense of the word. To add to this, I haven't even mentioned players not even picking up the boxes. The grenade launcher and rocket launcher are essential in fighting off the mutants, but considering no one ever picks them up, or time it poorly and get mutated, there is rarely a soldier win in public rooms.

The issue isn't only with the mode being too unbalanced, it's mostly the players simply not knowing how to properly play it.

I don't think that it is easy to win in a room where average players are familiar with this map - Dawn Village for example. The map size is small, defensive areas are poor as Demon Terminator comes all in with G. Even though players know to make use of supply boxes (which are located closer to mutant's path & respawn area), with 1-2 well-played terminators, they can wipe out the whole 16-20 soldiers. I would agree when most players are equipped with heavy-MG (not the free stuff exclude the good KAC chainsaw) and know how to defend well. Again, such rooms still have the same ratio of soldier win less than 30%.
    It's the combination of the map and terminator. I have been familiar with New Excavation and it's more likely to win as soldier than Dawn Village, as the map allows more chance to do so.
  • TonyAT wrote: »

I don't think that it is easy to win in a room where average players are familiar with this map - Dawn Village for example. The map size is small, defensive areas are poor as Demon Terminator comes all in with G. Even though players know to make use of supply boxes (which are located closer to mutant's path & respawn area), with 1-2 well-played terminators, they can wipe out the whole 16-20 soldiers. I would agree when most players are equipped with heavy-MG (not the free stuff exclude the good KAC chainsaw) and know how to defend well. Again, such rooms still have the same ratio of soldier win less than 30%.
    It's the combination of the map and terminator. I have been familiar with New Excavation and it's more likely to win as soldier than Dawn Village, as the map allows more chance to do so.

Despite all this, in the end it still comes down to player’s skill. On top of this, since when did not getting many soldier wins mean the mode is unbalanced? Look at it from the other side, what if mutants never got a win? I rather have games where the mutant side wins instead of a Xeno/Devil Terminator/Demon Xeno endlessly getting smashed by Gatling Gun macros and TMP’s.