Increase ZP rewards on the premium Mercenary Pass for guaranteed pass the next month

Dear community,

The 30.000 ZP price mark for the premium Mercenary Pass, is simply too much for a large amount of players to buy every month.

I suggest the amount of ZP given in the premium Mercenary Pass to be increased to such a amount, that the different ZP rewards in combination with the GP Mercenary Pass would add up to 30.000 ZP. This meaning a player would only have to initially pay 30.000 ZP for a premium mercenary pass and if active enough to always clear all the levels, would have enough ZP to buy another premium Mercenary Pass the next month.

Q: But Utmost, wouldn't the GM's be making less money if this were to happen?
A: You'd think that, but the amount of players currently buying the premium Mercenary Pass is very little, how often do you see a player with a red name in game? More players would consider the initial 30.000 ZP investment if they'd know it means they'd get another guaranteed premium pass the next month if they're active enough in gaining levels that month.

Q: But Utmost, wouldn't his mean the pass would be less exclusive to us frequent spenders?
A: Yes, that's true and I would fully understand some players would rather have the premium pass to remain as exclusive as it is now. But you should also think about the activity in this game, the community is shrinking by the day and I strongly believe this would improve activity a lot.

There are still ways to make the pass more exclusive, examples:
  1. Players would only get the red name and special badge when they fully cleared all the levels in the previous month, instead of everyone getting these perks when buying the premium Mercenary Pass.
  2. Players would only get the "premium member" ribbon if they fully cleared all the levels in the previous month.
Q: But Utmost, if everyone who's active enough were to always have a Premium Mercenary pass, wouldn't that mean the collection of the premium end reward weapons would also be worthless, considering everyone will get it?
A: Good question, I think my suggestion should be implemented after the collection we're currently having with the mercenary pass is completed. So we'll be starting off on a clean sleight.

I hope I've given enough information in regards to my suggestion and would love to know what you guys think!

Comments

• Very well written post. I hope this gets at least considered but I would be happier if it actually gets implemented.
  • +1 ,I fully agree with everything.

Just few things:

1.In pubg (the game they "stole" all this battle pass idea),if you buy the premium once,then you get it permanently for all seasons.

2.According to the premium ribbon in profile page,less than 400 players bought this month pass.this number is very poor...they lose money while in addition to that only more and more players leave the game.since events are what kept this game alive in the last 4 years and there are currently no free events for more than 6 months.

3.I bought all the passes until now since this event started,I don't have issues with money ,in my country (Israel)the average wage is the same as in Germany.but this "battle pass" is effecting me as well,it effecting all of the players, payers and not payers.more than half of my friends haven't logged for more than 3 months into the game,since there are no events for people who doesn't put money and there wouldn't be any for roughly a year...and there is no thing for people who don't spend money to mess with in the game...and now there is almost no one left for me to play with(gosh I can barely found few players for a team to make daily win on ranked sd with them) ...the paying users are getting affected/suffering from it as well,not only the free players.they need to encourage all the players to be active and enjoy the game,not only a certain percentage.

4.Lots of player would be more active,even "bond" to the game for few months,if they knew that if they buy the pass once then it is insured that they will have it for all seasons as long as this even exist...so it also good for the game runners,more people would buy the premium and will spend way more time into the game.
  • instead fully reward, cut the zp to 20k should be good, cuz along with tht u gettin free perm weapon, crates and other items, so at least player will spend some lil cash to add on to buy the new pass. 100% tht will motivate players plays more and let z8 make some profit, benefits both of us and the company. 30k zp, z8 would jus turn around and give u a middle finger
  • [USER="26494620"]Utmost[/USER] You are right. A lot of games have a 100% payback in the battlepass, but not Crossfire. Spend 30,000ZP and get 10,000ZP back, good offer. :D

Thats a reason why i don´t buy them anymore. The Weapons are not ugly,.... my problem is that this Battlepass is here full of gap filler. Timed items and more timed items, maybe a jewel for Zombies and more timed items. :rolleyes:
  • [USER="26494620"]Utmost[/USER] You are right. A lot of games have a 100% payback in the battlepass, but not Crossfire. Spend 30,000ZP and get 10,000ZP back, good offer. :D

Thats a reason why i don´t buy them anymore. The Weapons are not ugly,.... my problem is that this Battlepass is here full of gap filler. Timed items and more timed items, maybe a jewel for Zombies and more timed items. :rolleyes:

+1 Maybe this month is my last month to buy PASS from Crossfire West.
  • +1,this event is a big failure in terms of making money anyways...so they could at least make the players active for a while
  • Let them find a solution to rank cheats and ban them first. Let them strengthen the cheating precaution and advertise the game.
  • SyronHDD wrote: »
    Very well written post. I hope this gets at least considered but I would be happier if it actually gets implemented.

I do appreciate that Syron, thank you so much for your support.
    +1 ,I fully agree with everything.

Just few things:

1.In pubg (the game they "stole" all this battle pass idea),if you buy the premium once,then you get it permanently for all seasons.

2.According to the premium ribbon in profile page,less than 400 players bought this month pass.this number is very poor...they lose money while in addition to that only more and more players leave the game.since events are what kept this game alive in the last 4 years and there are currently no free events for more than 6 months.

3.I bought all the passes until now since this event started,I don't have issues with money ,in my country (Israel)the average wage is the same as in Germany.but this "battle pass" is effecting me as well,it effecting all of the players, payers and not payers.more than half of my friends haven't logged for more than 3 months into the game,since there are no events for people who doesn't put money and there wouldn't be any for roughly a year...and there is no thing for people who don't spend money to mess with in the game...and now there is almost no one left for me to play with(gosh I can barely found few players for a team to make daily win on ranked sd with them) ...the paying users are getting affected/suffering from it as well,not only the free players.they need to encourage all the players to be active and enjoy the game,not only a certain percentage.

4.Lots of player would be more active,even "bond" to the game for few months,if they knew that if they buy the pass once then it is insured that they will have it for all seasons as long as this even exist...so it also good for the game runners,more people would buy the premium and will spend way more time into the game.

1. I know right! Difference is PUBG is a paid game anyways. So I do get CF needs to make money from content as a freemium game. But there should always be a balance in improving activity and making money.

2. It added up to about 600 at the time I’m writing this. Which is still very little in comparison.

3. Exactly this. The Mercenary Pass is currently the only event we have, it has to be more attractive to actually increase activity.

4. Very good point again. The GM’s really need to improve the bonds with the current player base, because there won’t be many new players registering anymore.
    sm0k3y wrote: »
    instead fully reward, cut the zp to 20k should be good, cuz along with tht u gettin free perm weapon, crates and other items, so at least player will spend some lil cash to add on to buy the new pass. 100% tht will motivate players plays more and let z8 make some profit, benefits both of us and the company. 30k zp, z8 would jus turn around and give u a middle finger

I still strongly believe it will only motivate players fully to remain active in game if they would only have to pay the initial 30k. Yes, there are a lot of rewards so the levels could be increased a little bit or the bounties could be make a little more difficult.
    [USER="26494620"]Utmost[/USER] You are right. A lot of games have a 100% payback in the battlepass, but not Crossfire. Spend 30,000ZP and get 10,000ZP back, good offer. :D

Agreed, in theory you’d think you get a lot of crates, but considering the win rate in West 40-60 crates isn’t even that good. Don’t get me started on the timed items, they are mostly not even needed, except for bulletproof items.
    puaeawpipu wrote: »
    +1,this event is a big failure in terms of making money anyways...so they could at least make the players active for a while

Good point. Just because it’s a freemium game doesn’t mean every event where ZP is involved should be milked to the fullest. A little fee to attract long term bond with your players is the whole purpose of the Battle Pass in the first place.
    {Mamy} wrote: »
    Let them find a solution to rank cheats and ban them first. Let them strengthen the cheating precaution and advertise the game.

This is another discussion, I would love to discus it further but I want to stay on topic here.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    Dear community,

The 30.000 ZP price mark for the premium Mercenary Pass, is simply too much for a large amount of players to buy every month.

I suggest the amount of ZP given in the premium Mercenary Pass to be increased to such a amount, that the different ZP rewards in combination with the GP Mercenary Pass would add up to 30.000 ZP. This meaning a player would only have to initially pay 30.000 ZP for a premium mercenary pass and if active enough to always clear all the levels, would have enough ZP to buy another premium Mercenary Pass the next month.

Q: But Utmost, wouldn't the GM's be making less money if this were to happen?
    A: You'd think that, but the amount of players currently buying the premium Mercenary Pass is very little, how often do you see a player with a red name in game? More players would consider the initial 30.000 ZP investment if they'd know it means they'd get another guaranteed premium pass the next month if they're active enough in gaining levels that month.

Q: But Utmost, wouldn't his mean the pass would be less exclusive to us frequent spenders?
    A: Yes, that's true and I would fully understand some players would rather have the premium pass to remain as exclusive as it is now. But you should also think about the activity in this game, the community is shrinking by the day and I strongly believe this would improve activity a lot.

There are still ways to make the pass more exclusive, examples:
    1. Players would only get the red name and special badge when they fully cleared all the levels in the previous month, instead of everyone getting these perks when buying the premium Mercenary Pass.
    2. Players would only get the "premium member" ribbon if they fully cleared all the levels in the previous month.
    Q: But Utmost, if everyone who's active enough were to always have a Premium Mercenary pass, wouldn't that mean the collection of the premium end reward weapons would also be worthless, considering everyone will get it?
    A: Good question, I think my suggestion should be implemented after the collection we're currently having with the mercenary pass is completed. So we'll be starting off on a clean sleight.

I hope I've given enough information in regards to my suggestion and would love to know what you guys think!

honestly for me the mercenary pass for zp was never for me worthy, sure if you want to get a collection full you could pay over 27 euros per month for it, but nah, sometimes like this month in the free pass are better drops then in premium in it, and honestly that daily missions, didnt reset every day for me so i lost any interest in battle pass, when i achieve a daily mission and its there for a month, even when i have to delete the achieved daily mission in order to get a new one, then its way to complicated "stressfull" for a user that just want to chill out in the game, even when that is a problem, still....but even last month and this now, even when there are some weapons in it where are never seen before i wont go for it as long it doesnt really resett the missions by itself, and honestly what i learned now in the 10 years why waste money on something you get the crates for free anyways each year then. i tested over the last 3 months again the drop rate and with 50% only i got not 1 single permanent drop, so i decided instead to try to pay real money for nothing in im gonna recharge that money every month to a provider to get me a lifetime gameserver, for a diffrent game, so i have at least something for the next 10 years instead to get nothing out.

and utmost pls forgive me for the not correct grammar or dot settings, but im just tired to write the same thing over and over again, they dont care about the forum anymore, they dont care about the playerbase anymore since years so it will die out even when i pumped lots of money in, but i played now at least some games again after months of break and it feels still like i never left, aimlockers and wallhackers pretty much in every round, even when you watch the replay they follow you perfectly through the wall, and i should waste my time as a players, what they dont get done by their own. i know excatly why the Gms and Mods dont play "normal random games" in streams, and just have done that "staged" games in their livestreams, it looks better then to show the truth, since cheater wont access livestream games in just to be banned, even back in the days where i had my older username and i wrote with one of the admins in my first language, after i wrote about that specific points he didnt answer me at all, not even in the livestream, so i knew there already its something that they know but ignore, so its simple for me that the 30+ euros a months goes to a other provider that gives me at least a lifetime server where i got at least more out then to recharge in crossfire every month, beside battle pass or crates or something honestly you will go out with emtpy hands in each way.

*ps. crossfire reminds me more and more of a game that was called "wolfteam" where died out, and was just overwhelmed by cheaters, and new registered accounts that left withing 1 week the game already, and thats the way cf is heading to, and will die out too if they dont give a damn nearly about this gap between community and admins/mods
  • It is exciting, but in my personal opinion, the battle pass isn't worth it. That's why I never finished one.

1. The ribbon is temporary. What's the point of having a temporary ribbon?

2. They force me to play games modes I don't enjoy and don't want to. No one with limited time wants to complete games missions in modes that nobody likes. I think they should introduce alternative missions for the pass.
  • Good points I totally agree.
    pubg owned by tencent and tencent owned crossfire I think .
  • Quake444 wrote: »

honestly for me the mercenary pass for zp was never for me worthy, sure if you want to get a collection full you could pay over 27 euros per month for it, but nah, sometimes like this month in the free pass are better drops then in premium in it, and honestly that daily missions, didnt reset every day for me so i lost any interest in battle pass, when i achieve a daily mission and its there for a month, even when i have to delete the achieved daily mission in order to get a new one, then its way to complicated "stressfull" for a user that just want to chill out in the game, even when that is a problem, still....but even last month and this now, even when there are some weapons in it where are never seen before i wont go for it as long it doesnt really resett the missions by itself, and honestly what i learned now in the 10 years why waste money on something you get the crates for free anyways each year then. i tested over the last 3 months again the drop rate and with 50% only i got not 1 single permanent drop, so i decided instead to try to pay real money for nothing in im gonna recharge that money every month to a provider to get me a lifetime gameserver, for a diffrent game, so i have at least something for the next 10 years instead to get nothing out.

I get all that, but would you be more willing to buy the premium Mercenary Pass if you’d only have to pay the initial 30k and if active enough get a guaranteed premium Pass the next month?
    Quake444 wrote: »
    and utmost pls forgive me for the not correct grammar or dot settings, but im just tired to write the same thing over and over again, they dont care about the forum anymore, they dont care about the playerbase anymore since years so it will die out even when i pumped lots of money in, but i played now at least some games again after months of break and it feels still like i never left, aimlockers and wallhackers pretty much in every round, even when you watch the replay they follow you perfectly through the wall, and i should waste my time as a players, what they dont get done by their own. i know excatly why the Gms and Mods dont play "normal random games" in streams, and just have done that "staged" games in their livestreams, it looks better then to show the truth, since cheater wont access livestream games in just to be banned, even back in the days where i had my older username and i wrote with one of the admins in my first language, after i wrote about that specific points he didnt answer me at all, not even in the livestream, so i knew there already its something that they know but ignore, so its simple for me that the 30+ euros a months goes to a other provider that gives me at least a lifetime server where i got at least more out then to recharge in crossfire every month, beside battle pass or crates or something honestly you will go out with emtpy hands in each way.

*ps. crossfire reminds me more and more of a game that was called "wolfteam" where died out, and was just overwhelmed by cheaters, and new registered accounts that left withing 1 week the game already, and thats the way cf is heading to, and will die out too if they dont give a damn nearly about this gap between community and admins/mods

Your grammar and punctuation doesn’t bother me that much. I already really appreciate you replying to my suggestion. I understand your feeling of being neglected and I feel the same at times. I don’t suggest as much as I used to, but considering I really do feel this suggestion would be great for the activity in this game, I just had to post it.

I wouldn’t know much about the “staged” games. I played in a livestream of @[MOD]TheShadowRo and he just played regular games. As for GM live-streams, I haven’t seen one in ages. I think implementing a suggestion like this would really boost the image of the GM’s, considering many players feel neglected at this point.

As for the cheating situation and such, those are a bit off topic of the message I’m trying to express in this thread. But I do understand you wouldn’t want to spend money in a game where you encounter this much hackers.
    It is exciting, but in my personal opinion, the battle pass isn't worth it. That's why I never finished one.

1. The ribbon is temporary. What's the point of having a temporary ribbon?

2. They force me to play games modes I don't enjoy and don't want to. No one with limited time wants to complete games missions in modes that nobody likes. I think they should introduce alternative missions for the pass.

I understand your point of view. But do want to make a few remarks to the points you made.

1. Yes, the ribbon is temporary. But, if my suggestion is implemented and players are active enough to complete all the levels every month it becomes permanent until the player stops doing so.

2. Good point. Though I have limited time in CF too, I like to have goals I can achieve. Considering I’ve played for many years, many goals I already completed. That’s why, although I don’t like some of the missions of the mercenary pass, I still like to complete it as a goal. That being said, I would like to see some less map specific missions too and more mode specific ones.
    q8jacob wrote: »
    Good points I totally agree.
    pubg owned by tencent and tencent owned crossfire I think .

Thank you Jacob! Tencent does have a stake in the developer of PUBG, but doesn’t own the company. That being said, they could still take a good example out of how the battle pass is implemented there.

I get all that, but would you be more willing to buy the premium Mercenary Pass if you’d only have to pay the initial 30k and if active enough get a guaranteed premium Pass the next month?

Your grammar and punctuation doesn’t bother me that much. I already really appreciate you replying to my suggestion. I understand your feeling of being neglected and I feel the same at times. I don’t suggest as much as I used to, but considering I really do feel this suggestion would be great for the activity in this game, I just had to post it.

I wouldn’t know much about the “staged” games. I played in a livestream of @[MOD]TheShadowRo and he just played regular games. As for GM live-streams, I haven’t seen one in ages. I think implementing a suggestion like this would really boost the image of the GM’s, considering many players feel neglected at this point.

As for the cheating situation and such, those are a bit off topic of the message I’m trying to express in this thread. But I do understand you wouldn’t want to spend money in a game where you encounter this much hackers.

I understand your point of view. But do want to make a few remarks to the points you made.

1. Yes, the ribbon is temporary. But, if my suggestion is implemented and players are active enough to complete all the levels every month it becomes permanent until the player stops doing so.

2. Good point. Though I have limited time in CF too, I like to have goals I can achieve. Considering I’ve played for many years, many goals I already completed. That’s why, although I don’t like some of the missions of the mercenary pass, I still like to complete it as a goal. That being said, I would like to see some less map specific missions too and more mode specific ones.

Thank you Jacob! Tencent does have a stake in the developer of PUBG, but doesn’t own the company. That being said, they could still take a good example out of how the battle pass is implemented there.

when it would save me the next month pass,i would pay for it, but only if the system would really work, first battle pass month where i bought free pass and that month where that bk or how it was called gun was in the battle pass i tried it, even when i done daily tasks to get 1 level it didnt reload the daily tasks in few days, so the mechanics should really work. and to the livestreams i mentioned it was some years ago, but there it already showed up. to be honest if they would really care they would have give it some thought about it, its nice to see that the community (in this thread you) are giving some ideas in, but that chance is so rare that it got implemented since you would have to spam it on discord or get a mod into it otherwise its lost, like my idea back in time where the gms even said they want to bring it in the game, and so far nothing but silence even on dms. but i hope you can understand now what im meaning in Crossfire its just in my Head a Picture of Somebody where got hit by a car and spitting blood out with every breathing slowly dying, simply nobody is willing to close this gap.

if there would be some thoughts about the rewards would really been made, just look at this battle pass right now, you get same or even better rewards with free pass then with premium pass, its just simply not overthought and to hustle every day to hope that the daily mission really renew every day its just to frustrating for me, if they would lower the price or put a token close to the end where you can get next battle pass for free it would be something else but only if the renewing mission are working properly

2. Good point. Though I have limited time in CF too, I like to have goals I can achieve. Considering I’ve played for many years, many goals I already completed. That’s why, although I don’t like some of the missions of the mercenary pass, I still like to complete it as a goal. That being said, I would like to see some less map specific missions too and more mode specific ones .

Even though we have different opinions on this thread, I want you to know that I respect your point of view. Yes, I respect your point of view, but I'm not sure I agree with you on everything here.

1. The ribbon will always be temporary, even if it lasts 1 year. That changes if it really becomes a permanent ribbon and not a "Monthly Mixup" ribbon.

2. Not everyone likes to play something competitive or challenging all the time.

Whatever the reasons might be, the battle pass isn't having the success it should have as such. Maybe users know it's not worth it atm. I gotta admit it, the central idea of this thread is much better than what we have now. +10.
  • +11111111111
    I can't agree more!

I also suggest that if you buy the premium mercenary pass once and completes it, that you will get the premium ribbon forever. Why do they advertise that you get an exclusive ribbon. If you don't buy it the next month you lose the ribbon again.

Some ribbons come every year.
    For example, you play on valentine's day 2019 you get the ribbon. If valentine 2020 comes along and you can't play during that then you keep the ribbon as well from the previous year. This is exactly the same as the premium ribbon from the mercenary pass.

Also, 25 euro's for a mercenary pass is a lot if you have to pay the full price. Especially for what you get.
  • I see little over 1.000 people bought the november pass. Thats 1.000 x 25$ ,= 25.000$ win for z8 + regular spendings.....
  • loller1207 wrote: »

Also, 25 euro's for a mercenary pass is a lot if you have to pay the full price. Especially for what you get.

??? You pay 30k zp. And i can say you. All crates items ep and zp are easily worth 90k ...... So you get a lot.
  • maulw wrote: »

??? You pay 30k zp. And i can say you. All crates items ep and zp are easily worth 90k ...... So you get a lot.

That is not the point. All I am saying is that it usually costs 17 euros. Now it is 25. that's an increase of 33% for no reason.
  • maulw wrote: »
    I see little over 1.000 people bought the november pass. Thats 1.000 x 25$ ,= 25.000$ win for z8 + regular spendings.....

You think $25k is a lot of money for such a huge publisher? You’re looking at it from a quick profit perspective. In the long run my suggestion will lead to improved activity, resulting in people more quickly pulling the trigger on more expensive items like VIP’s. The Mercenary Pass should be the means to a end, not the end itself.
    maulw wrote: »

Same point as mentioned above.
  • I've seen this with battle passes in other games too, +1 I like it!
  • I agree 100% with this, and I know a lot of people who would buy the pass if they get it next month too (3ven with a lot of grind for the next one).
  • I can only agree, this would be a huge change and turn into a more player friendly environment.
  • imLiquid wrote: »
    I've seen this with battle passes in other games too, +1 I like it!
    I agree 100% with this, and I know a lot of people who would buy the pass if they get it next month too (3ven with a lot of grind for the next one).
    I can only agree, this would be a huge change and turn into a more player friendly environment.

Thank you all so much for the support!
  • +1 , If this gets implemented the battle passes would get much more attractive.