Crossfire for Linux distros

Hello there! I have been playing Crossfire for 7 years(including time-outs), and I have been not playing the game on my main OS - Ubuntu 18.4 for a few months now.
I am not sure how you stand with Linux experience, and I am absolutely not sure how many players/ex-players wish they could play it on Linux.

One thing I am sure of is that I miss the game, and want to play it on my Ubuntu OS.
I have tried trough Lutris(Wine) but failed miserably and the game did not even launch the installer. I have seen a few people trying some things and deeply exploring the bugs and what-not, and I am not NEARLY experienced to attempt anything like that. All of them reported to have failed.

As I said - I am not sure what the experience or wishes of developers are, but I can see how expanding the game on more platforms and supporting it would be somewhat useful.

Please tell me at least your opinion if not some real reasons.
I really want to play it on my current OS..until then - I , as a lot of other gamers will have to use Dual Boot(having 2 Operating Systems on 1 machine - Windows in this case as the secondary OS), and that stuff not only gets annoying, but also uses more drive space and just makes some people quit games - like I did, but I kinda miss it now - when I look at all 8GB of photos of me being epic in the game.

Please leave your opinion in the comments down below, cheers!

Edit:
After switching from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for Crossfire performance reasons, I was satisfied enough..but I was curious to try Linux, and as well as annoyed with the Crossfire, so I have been on Ubuntu 18.4 for almost half a year now, and I would never go back to Windows because I love Ubuntu for how customizable it is.
I am sure there are a lot of gamers that are into Linux,or would switch to Linux if more and more games keep coming out to Linux - for example Steam games.
Please read this post thoroughly and take time to discuss this topic seriously. Have a nice day :)

Comments

• I have the same problem! I used to play this game when I had Windows, but now I only have Linux Mint and can't play it anymore. I created a bug report on Wine website and they accepted it, here is the link to the bug report: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46552; as you can see, it is marked as "NEW" (the first step is "UNCONFIRMED"). I think that you can do two things in order to reduce the amount of time requested to fix it. One: create another bug report for Crossfire on Wine website, it will be marked as a duplicate but it's useful anyway because it means that several people have the same issue, so that issue gets higher priority. Two: go to the AppDB page of Wine: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=37648 and vote for Crossfire (you can use all the three votes for the same software/game); the most voted software/games have more chances to get fixed in the short term (the most voted games/software receive more attention).