Invisible SP is a FLOP

Hey... regarding Invisible Smoke Protection

I don't get it. Why would you add an item, which affects the competitive gameplay so much, introduce to CF. In literally every single match, scrim, or even public SND people constantly blaming you for using invisible SP. You obviously can't see it so you'll never find out if people are you using it or not.

People who generally play CPL always need to make sure to record their gameplay to proove that they are not using it.

What do you expect us to do in the future for any offical events like CFEL/CFS or any other qualification ? The situation at the moment is a mess.... You somehow need to change that... For competitive purposes you should add like a small symbol like "fall down dmg reduce" on your HUD or sth.

greets
vizee

Comments

• I totally agree with that. CF should start to improve the competitive scene and not make it worse.
  • The introduction of hidden SP & FG, while complicating things, ultimately, is not a big issue in competitive. I have already found a solution, albeit quite unorthodox, which I made a rule in CPL.

Here is an example of how it works:
    • Team A disputes a player of Team B for using hidden SP.
    • An admin then joins in a screen sharing session with the player and examines his in game storage in order to tell if that player owns/has purchased the illegal item.
    • If the player does not own the item at all, then he obviously did not use it in-game.
    • In the event that the player owns the illegal item, then he is required to upload footage of his entire match gameplay in order to prove that he did not use it during the match.
    • Players are advised to not own/purchase these items in the first place in order to make things easier for them.
    In other words players have to record their gameplay only if they own these hidden items.

Its quite a complicated workaround but it ensures FairPlay nonetheless. Besides, when those big tournaments that you mention arrive I believe GMs have the ability to check/remove items from player's storages.

Shrimp

EDIT: I wouldn't mind at all if GMs totally removed these items or changed it so that there is an in-game on-screen indication when such items are active.
  • Asgard1g wrote: »
    The introduction of hidden SP & FG, while complicating things, ultimately, is not a big issue in competitive.

I have already found a solution, albeit quite unorthodox, which I made a rule in CPL.

Here is an example of how it works:

Team A disputes a player of Team B for using hidden SP.

An admin then joins in a screen sharing session with the player and examines his in game storage in order to tell if that player owns/has purchased the illegal item.

If the player does not own the item at all, then he obviously did not use it in-game.

In the event that the player owns the illegal item, then he is required to upload footage of his entire match gameplay in order to prove that he did not use it during the match.

Players are advised to not own/purchase these items in the first place in order to make things easier for them.

In other words players have to record their gameplay only if they own these hidden items.

Its quite a complicated workaround but it ensures FairPlay nonetheless.

Shrimp

As u said. Quite complicated. And you can't just advice people to screen share. All those things are not supposed to happen in any big qualification. U CAN'T expect people to record their gameplay, this it not how it works. That never happened in the past and WILL never happen.

Some people can't even record because of their hardware, they get laggs.

You trying to say, that people who play competitive shouldn't even buy it ? So they gonna play against other people in scrims and stuff who are using it but you are "advised" not to ? What about people who enjoy playing ranked and are competitive player at the same time.

At first you are saying "its not a big issue", but then you reveal a manual which is the most laborious solution. Since CFWest Admins aren't allowed to tell you that you need to share your screen, its not going to happen. Maybe they can check that in their admin tool, but still. Imagine any CFS Qual and about 150 teams will take part. I exactly know whats going to happen. If a team loses they will accuse every singe player of the other team that he is using SP. Next step is: they will accuse eachother.

Just add a little symbol on the HUD, and if a player gets accused to use it, tell him to make a screenshot. I'm fine with that solution.
  • vizee95 wrote: »

As u said. Quite complicated. And you can't just advice people to screen share. All those things are not supposed to happen in any big qualification. U CAN'T expect people to record their gameplay, this it not how it works. That never happened in the past and WILL never happen.

Some people can't even record because of their hardware, they get laggs.

You trying to say, that people who play competitive shouldn't even buy it ? So they gonna play against other people in scrims and stuff who are using it but you are "advised" not to ? What about people who enjoy playing ranked and are competitive player at the same time.

At first you are saying "its not a big issue", but then you reveal a manual which is the most laborious solution. Since CFWest Admins aren't allowed to tell you that you need to share your screen, its not going to happen. Maybe they can check that in their admin tool, but still. Imagine any CFS Qual and about 150 teams will take part. I exactly know whats going to happen. If a team loses they will accuse every singe player of the other team that he is using SP. Next step is: they will accuse eachother.

Just add a little symbol on the HUD, and if a player gets accused to use it, tell him to make a screenshot. I'm fine with that solution.

I already suggested your in-game icon idea in a ticket long time ago. I guess in-game changes take a lot of time to implement.......:confused:
  • Asgard1g wrote: »

I already suggested your in-game icon idea in a ticket long time ago. I guess in-game changes take a lot of time to implement.......:confused:

Ye I guess so... :(
  • vizee95 wrote: »
    Hey... regarding Invisible Smoke Protection

I don't get it. Why would you add an item, which affects the competitive gameplay so much, introduce to CF. In literally every single match, scrim, or even public SND people constantly blaming you for using invisible SP. You obviously can't see it so you'll never find out if people are you using it or not.

People who generally play CPL always need to make sure to record their gameplay to proove that they are not using it.

What do you expect us to do in the future for any offical events like CFEL/CFS or any other qualification ? The situation at the moment is a mess.... You somehow need to change that... For competitive purposes you should add like a small symbol like "fall down dmg reduce" on your HUD or sth.

greets
    vizee

agree +1
  • Agree +1. I already own a blackbox server, So I know even blackbox can't detect those items. at least add a small icon in-game on the screen that will be great.
  • Wow I actually thought 80% of the players I’ve been playing were just effortlessly better than me through smokes. Who would have thought that the reason why people are all of the sudden sitting in their own 5 smokes are due to the release of a new item that just gets rid of smoke. (That is invisible BTW).

From now on, let’s just have an honesty policy. If you think someone is using the smoke goggles then just ask if they are and they gotta answer honestly.

SURELY no competitive player in crossfire would EVER cheat or use smoke protection if their goal is to get good!

lol.
  • Apart from the difficulty of proving your innonce I think it just creates unnecessary fights. We've had practise matches cancelled because people would accuse others of using invisible sp which just ended in a huge argument where everyone was mindlessly insulting each other. In addition to that I've seen players leave scrims, equip regular smoke protection and flash guard and rejoin solely based on the fact that they believed their opponents were using invisible items. The problem is that in a situation like this both parties think they are in the right. I'ts quite frustrating when you get blamed for something you didn't do without being able prove it.
  • Nerd1337 wrote: »
    Apart from the difficulty of proving your innonce I think it just creates unnecessary fights. We've had practise matches cancelled because people would accuse others of using invisible sp which just ended in a huge argument where everyone was mindlessly insulting each other. In addition to that I've seen players leave scrims, equip regular smoke protection and flash guard and rejoin solely based on the fact that they believed their opponents were using invisible items. The problem is that in a situation like this both parties think they are in the right. I'ts quite frustrating when you get blamed for something you didn't do without being able prove it.

true +1

Admins should consider changing it...