ranked knife, maybe any changes???

i am trying to play that rank during 2 days.
but i can not.
there is no enough players for playing.
i need 38 points for master and it is almost completed/

maybe we can change number of players in game?
1 VS 1, instead 3 VS 3???
it will be really great for this mode.

Comments

• tem777 wrote: »
    i am trying to play that rank during 2 days.
    but i can not.
    there is no enough players for playing.
    i need 38 points for master and it is almost completed/

maybe we can change number of players in game?
    1 VS 1, instead 3 VS 3???
    it will be really great for this mode.

1 vs 1 so you can easily farm points and ranks?
  • The problem with Ranked Knife is the lags that are even more of an irritation there than in S&D. I and many other players stopped playing it, as It is a mode where Ping-differences between players are devastating. If you are at the sweet-spot 100-120, you are the king (or queen) of Knife, no-matter what players you face. + People farm the mode to death every season. I think the GM's start to wonder when some players go from gold to master in the first week and then keep asking when the season ends. 1 Vs 1 will only make the farming worse.

The only way to save knife ranked is:
    1. Have some kind of mod playing the game under a false name, to see if people are farming. As few seem to report it.
    2. Put players into Ping groups, to take away the advantage of high ping.
    3. Take away the ability of players joining as a team (I'm sorry, but it only makes farming easier.)
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    The problem with Ranked Knife is the lags that are even more of an irritation there than in S&D. I and many other players stopped playing it, as It is a mode where Ping-differences between players are devastating. If you are at the sweet-spot 100-120, you are the king (or queen) of Knife, no-matter what players you face. + People farm the mode to death every season. I think the GM's start to wonder when some players go from gold to master in the first week and then keep asking when the season ends. 1 Vs 1 will only make the farming worse.

The only way to save knife ranked is:
    1. Have some kind of mod playing the game under a false name, to see if people are farming. As few seem to report it.
    2. Put players into Ping groups, to take away the advantage of high ping.
    3. Take away the ability of players joining as a team (I'm sorry, but it only makes farming easier.)

i think that these 3 suggestions will not resolve the probleme that i described.
    i don't know how can be farmed in 6 people?
    so we need to create 5 other accounts on 5 PC? and where can they take same rank accounts?
    i am not farming.
    but i need to play game, i can not, because there is no people playing this mode. i don't think this is because someone has ping 100.
    and someone not.
    even if they denied farming we can not play that mode,because there is not enough playing that mode.
    people always will farm, no matter we like it ot not.
    but if there will be minimum requirements of 6 people, that mode will be unplayable every time
  • They farm this mode with clans and friends. half of them make dummy accounts. Then they join as 2 teams, 1 team of dummy's that get killed and the other team that farm them. They usually do this when there are as little people as possible online, making it so they will only face each-other. If you had 1vs1 this would be even easier to farm.

The ping problem goes like this. If a high pinger (100-120 is the so called sweet-spot) faces a player with 60 or lower ping. The High-Pinger can land his attacks when the low-pinger see the HP several meters away, so for the LP it's almost impossible to dodge the attack. The same-thing goes for when the LP tries to attack the HP, on the LP's screen, it's a clear hit, but in reality it's a miss and the HP can counter-attack before the LP knows he/her has even missed. This doesn't always happen though, but about 3/4 times. It's worse in the ice-map and the one with bridges. Arena is better, but not good. This also happens outside of ranked. It's always funny when a HP brags about having the most kills in a match, not realizing, he/she is invincible during large parts of the match.

This is not a new discussion, it has at least been going on since we EU players transferred to west last year. I my self gave up Knife ranked early because of this and i was not alone.

As it such a troubled mode, I don't know why they haven't closed it. I cannot recommend anyone playing it until they fix the Farm & Ping issues. I hope they do, as I am personally better at Knife-only then i am at S&D and it would make the 250 wins for the season weapon much easier for me.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    They farm this mode with clans and friends. half of them make dummy accounts. Then they join as 2 teams, 1 team of dummy's that get killed and the other team that farm them. They usually do this when there are as little people as possible online, making it so they will only face each-other. If you had 1vs1 this would be even easier to farm.

The ping problem goes like this. If a high pinger (100-120 is the so called sweet-spot) faces a player with 60 or lower ping. The High-Pinger can land his attacks when the low-pinger see the HP several meters away, so for the LP it's almost impossible to dodge the attack. The same-thing goes for when the LP tries to attack the HP, on the LP's screen, it's a clear hit, but in reality it's a miss and the HP can counter-attack before the LP knows he/her has even missed. This doesn't always happen though, but about 3/4 times. It's worse in the ice-map and the one with bridges. Arena is better, but not good. This also happens outside of ranked. It's always funny when a HP brags about having the most kills in a match, not realizing, he/she is invincible during large parts of the match.

This is not a new discussion, it has at least been going on since we EU players transferred to west last year. I my self gave up Knife ranked early because of this and i was not alone.

As it such a troubled mode, I don't know why they haven't closed it. I cannot recommend anyone playing it until they fix the Farm & Ping issues. I hope they do, as I am personally better at Knife-only then i am at S&D and it would make the 250 wins for the season weapon much easier for me.

The Lag Advanage in this mode is since arround 5 years in this mode and since then nothing got changed, it just got worse even on normal hit regestration with normal guns, thats why i am playing so less cf the last time just doing 2 hours on the weekend and nothing more, because it wrecks my nerves when you get killed from a HP 10 Meters distance away in Knife Modes, and or getting Damage even youre already behind a solid wall again. Best part is still Ghost Mode, if a HP is a ghost and he Bhops towards you you dont hear him only if he hits the melee attack, and if you dont hit him by luck in this time youre dead, and when youre dead 3 seconds later you can hear first the breathing sound coming towards your dead body, at the beginning this mode was fun, but since years not more.

we can only hope that they finally give some reports to the programmer that they finally can fix it and resurrect the game