What's up with FPS drops/ game condition?

We keep getting content which definitely the game engine can't handle. After the new HMX with 30 players update I get huge framedrops from 110 to 45, while my normal is 170 stable and of course the game is unplayble for me. The FPS optimization tickbox in settings seems to do nothing. Players like me have been supporting this game for 10 years and endured huge hacking waves and many server problems. But we are still here. Though we can't stand perfomance issues. Every year CF becomes heavier and heavier, with many stutters and freezes. What we want is a decent and correctly optimized game so we can enjoy it. Is this too much to ask? Either the devs should remove heavy content or make a decent game files maintenance which will "lighten" the client. If they can't, they could rebuilt CF from scratch in the same engine and optimized with the newest computers/graphics drivers. They have the technology and the money of course. This would be the most ideal, but for now a hotfix seems more possible, so I hope the fps drops will be adressed soon. Until then I won't be playing that much.

To prevent the typical forum smartasses, my drivers are up to date and I don't have fps drops/freezes in other games.

Comments

• CF doesn't support my processor core i9 since few months and i keep getting drop fps 230 ~ 130 so i'm not surprised they told us that they will fix any problem with CPU issues included intel core 2 Duo it has the same issue drop fps, takes 98% from the CPU and what ever and they didn't fix it till now so let's w8 till 2030.
    • IGN Ezio
  • Getting the same game play experience since last year, they are adding new content, new copy paste code but the game is getting slower slower and even more issues after each maintenance. I have the same machine configuration and even a better ISP service but still getting game freezes every time and FPS drops.
  • https://forum.z8games.com/forum/cros...ng-with-200fps

Felt like it was need to put this here...

I didnt get a reply from a GM or even a MOD trying to offer solutions (After 40 days) and your topic probably wont receive one but they will keep pushing VIP guns.. very hilarious

And you know whats funnier? I got muted on discord when i was presenting my problem by player who had the rights to mute for saying " My fps is like a** ".. Someone told me later they give players free ZP to mute players.. the more you mute the more you get..

Game is unoptimizied for newer CPUs, GPUs, and Windows 10..
  • I think they are waiting until so many people leave crossfire, that they aren't making any money anymore. Then they will probably shut it down and buy up any of the new CF versions that are coming and start hosting that game. That way they squeeze the most amount of money they can, without having to invest a multitude on something that will get shut down in a couple of years anyway.

Let's face it CF's engine isn't exactly new and it will probably cost more to make it endure the coming decade, than to start hosting a new version. If they do that i hope you can make an account transfer with all your stuff, if you can't, i will say goodbye to the online-gaming world, as I'm not into beginning from scratch again and CF is the only online game that interests me these days.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • The game won't get any better, but will definetely get worse with every update. Unless they remove content again or do some expensive optimization. Not that that matter anymore, really. I can hardly see people going back to this old broken game, when there's better and more popular ones by the hundreds to choose from.
  • They should get rid of it already and give us Crossfire HD. So half of players with their bamboo PCs stop playing.
  • They should get rid of it already and give us Crossfire HD. So half of players with their bamboo PCs stop playing.

With this version of crossfire that has hardly any presence in the west I wonder how CF HD will do and not to mention the players we will lose if it arrives.

Regarding fps I have no idea but it was fine when I started up again for me in March, not to mention 2017 I had 0 issues at all had cf window mode, YouTube playlist and runescape now can’t even have cf open without constant drops. I’m not sure what happened in 2018 since I stopped playing but things fell downhill I guess. I’m not sure how literally other cf version run by Z8games also had this issue was addressed and seemed like fixed judging by all the “ty” replies on their forums. Guess this is another issue like that “report cf issue thread” that died out with no reply or permanent fixes.
  • I don't like its update. Better try a new game like FIFA 21. Agile dribbling is so good you can get past defenders easily. The ultimate team is cool and more chances of getting a walkout and specials than other FIFA's. Career mode is sick, so good, so cool. Good game.
  • How to fix high FPS drops while gaming? Here's what you need to do:

Make sure your GPU drivers are up to the task.
    Scan for malware.
    Meet the system requirements.
    Check the cooling and inspect CPU.
    Check HDD.
    Check the connection.
    Modify in-game and Power settings.
    Don't use the onboard sound device.

More useful info here
  • if your has so small FPS, maybe your PC so old ? or your need :
    1) scan your computer for a virus my advice is to use Russian doctor web antivirus. as it is the best of them all and is free. download healing utility here
    https://free.drweb.ru/download+cureit+free/
    2) close all program (steam\discord\ brousers and etc)
    3) set graphics settings to minimum all
  • Why would you necro my 2 year old thread on this dead forum?
    My old PC btw was fine, game itself became "heavier" and the optimisation is still non-existent. I solved this by buying a brand new PC, but I find it ridiculous having to use a new PC for a stale 2006 made game.