Your First PC Game

The last couple of weeks i've been thinking about the old times of computer gaming. So i was thinking, why not make a thread about gaming memories.

So i ask the question, what was the first PC (Mac too) game you remember playing? Let's keep it to computer games and not meddle with console games like Nes and such.

I begin
The first Pc game i remember playing is one out of these three: (I Don't exactly remember which i tried first)
Duke Nukem (Not 3d, but the side-scroller), Abuse (A side scroller action game, that was inspired by the Alien movies, only played the Demo though) or the first Doom. All around 1995-96. I remember having nightmares about the Cyber Demon from Doom hunting me in a labyrinth. A bit silly if you look at it now, but back then, it was a scary game for a 8 or 9 year old me.

All three games was on a friends computer, as we didn't own one back then, the family's first computer was bought in the end of 1996, as a christmas gift, if I don't remember it completly wrong.

Well, onward to the next person. What is your first computer game memory.
JackPain (Sweden)

Comments

• Ive always been a console guy but Pc wise as far as i can remember it was Star Wars Jedi knight: Jedi academy, played it solo and enjoyed it for a little while as i discovered mods were a thing
    First online pc game was Flyff, some minor mmorpg, but it was highly paytowin so switched to a private server of this game
    ​​​​Played on various private servers for a big 5 Years then it was Cf
  • The first pc game i played was a game/ game series called Dawn of War im mainly a console player tho. so ye that was the first on pc
  • I think I first started playing RuneScape, I wouldn't know at what age or whatever the account was named anymore.
  • First computer game I ever played was when I was still really really young, we had an ancient apple computer in the corner of our kindergarten class. I remember playing a game called Number Munchers every day.
  • well the VERY first game....was probably minesweeper....then we had some kind of chess game on our computer. But the first FPS game I ever played was Wolfenstein 3D.

If we were to continue my gaming history it'd kinda go like....next up was Doom/Ultimate Doom. Then played Quake. Then eventually Doom 2 and Quake 2. There were various other minor games i played as well on some 101 games thing we had like this game called Jetpack. Then my brother eventually got the original Command and Conquer game that I ended up playing the crap out of. Then for awhile I kind of transitioned to consoles with about the only PC games I was playing were in the Command and Conquer line such as Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Even got into modding and making maps for Tiberian Sun a bit from like 2004-2009ish. Didn't really return to PC gaming until around 2008-2009 when I went back and hit up things like Bioshock and Borderlands.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Bioshock and Borderlands.

good taste
  • azertiiz wrote: »
    Ive always been a console guy but Pc wise as far as i can remember it was Star Wars Jedi knight: Jedi academy, played it solo and enjoyed it for a little while as i discovered mods were a thing
    First online pc game was Flyff, some minor mmorpg, but it was highly paytowin so switched to a private server of this game
    ​​​​Played on various private servers for a big 5 Years then it was Cf

My friends and i played alot of Jedi Academy at lans, we mostly played pure lightsaber matches, all of us were big Star Wars. I remember some of the Mods for that game, it had good skins. I know i had Darth Revan and Darth Nilus skins downloaded for our matches. As for single player, i think Jedi Knight 2 was better, maby even Jedi Knight 1 with it's short real movies between the missions. Never even heard of Flyff.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • DarkArtZ wrote: »
    The first pc game i played was a game/ game series called Dawn of War im mainly a console player tho. so ye that was the first on pc

Never tried Dawn of war, but i remember playing some of the earlier Warhammer games, never got stuck to the series though, alot of my friends kept playing those games.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Ixith wrote: »
    well the VERY first game....was probably minesweeper....then we had some kind of chess game on our computer. But the first FPS game I ever played was Wolfenstein 3D.

If we were to continue my gaming history it'd kinda go like....next up was Doom/Ultimate Doom. Then played Quake. Then eventually Doom 2 and Quake 2. There were various other minor games i played as well on some 101 games thing we had like this game called Jetpack. Then my brother eventually got the original Command and Conquer game that I ended up playing the crap out of. Then for awhile I kind of transitioned to consoles with about the only PC games I was playing were in the Command and Conquer line such as Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Even got into modding and making maps for Tiberian Sun a bit from like 2004-2009ish. Didn't really return to PC gaming until around 2008-2009 when I went back and hit up things like Bioshock and Borderlands.

I played alot of Wolfenstein 3d too, but strangely long after i played doom. The first game i bought for the familys PC was a ID Software multipack. I bought it mostly for Doom and Doom 2, but it really had alot of great games, like Wolfenstein 3d. The first Red Alert was probably the first RTS i played and really liked, but strangely i never played Red Alert 2, i even have the disc somewhere, i just haven't played it.
    JackPain (Sweden)