RANKED : We are in trouble !

Hello everyone before I begin I want to say that this topic aims to improve the ranked mode and that the criticisms that will be made are in no way made to harm this mode. Being currently Master 2 I think I have made enough parties to be able to name the various problems of this mode by proposing solutions.

So that the reading is simple I will treat the various problems by points by proposing a solution just below. Let's start with an overview of the distribution of players in the different ELOs by comparing them with those of League of Legends since the ranks were taken from this game. (We will not take into account the divisions Iron and Challenger.)

League of Legends / CF percentages.

Bronze: 19.74% / 0.28%
Silver: 36.49% / 29.12%
Gold: 26.34% / 36.78%
Platinum: 9.96% / 28.10%
Diamond: 4.01% / 5.21%
Master's degree: 0.04% / 0.51%
Grandmaster: 0.07% / 0% (?)

We can see very quickly that there is a big problem concerning the Bronze bearing as well as Platinum bearing. To take a very simple comparison if the percentage of Grandmaster for CF was available there would be as many bronze players than Grandmaster players which seems pretty hard to believe. For other useless levels to pay attention since the 0.28% of bronze distorts the statistics. The following question is therefore legitimate: Why is the distribution of the players done so?

The answer is very simple: The points system!

For players who have never done RANKED here is how the RANKED system works.

Let's take the example of the Silver tier which has 6 levels like the other divisions except GrandMaster (Silver 1,2,3 ...) to go from Silver 1 to Silver 2 you have to get 100 points and so on until Master or from there it will be necessary to obtain 150 points to go up a landing.

When you lose a match you lose between 1 and 10 points (on average) but when you win a match you gain between 9 and 25 points depending on your KD and the number of MVPs you have during the game. And we come to the heart of the problem: A player being at a level too high in relation to his level of play can still continue to climb because he will always earn more points than he will lose. (This is veridict since there are some Master players with this kind of profile: Kills 1200 Deaths 1800.) Of course it creates another problem, a player being a division too weak compared to his level of play will see his progression be however slow enough for that, make a simple calculation: 5 x 20 x 6 = 600. (5 which represents the number of games, 20 the number of points won per game, 6 the number of steps to move from one division to one other.) In short he will have to make about 30 consecutive victories to move from one division to another despite a high KD. To check this theory, it's easy: Create a Smurf that has missed your investment matches to be SILVER, win your games by having a good KD (4 KD minimum) and you will see that despite this your progress will be long, very long.

One solution is very simple to solve these 2 problems, let's start with the problem of people playing a high ELO: The more the KD of the person is negative the more the loss of points must be important and the point gain decreased. Some will say "Yes but bad parts happen" indeed it happens but when the person at KD 0.4 general is not some bad parts is usually a large number which means that his level of play does not does not match his ELO.

For players playing an ELO that is too low compared to their level of play, let's just go back to the League of Legends system: Blow up levels when the KD is above a certain value + a certain number of consecutive wins and increase the number of points received in case of victories.

Now take another problem: Weapons and characters in RANKED.

To recall the competitive mode of a game is based on the fact that NO player has any advantage whatsoever but here there are clearly advantages only regarding the RP weapons or the VVIP. No need to be a genius to know that VVIP weapons are advantageous over GP or RP weapons and RP weapons are also favored by some GP weapons. CrossFire is a basic F2P so the minimum would be that all players in RANKED are forced to play with GP characters and GP weapons and not all that is SLUG / VVIP / 9A91 and so on. Same for everything RP item is the players automatically have a BP when they arrive in a game or nobody has one. Here is no point in talking about AIM or anything we talk about fairness and not skills. For VVIP characters it is simply to avoid the E + Sniper spam that is used.

Speaking of AIM we will reach the last point of the subject and it is obviously the following: The hackers!

Before I start I want to clarify that when I talk about hacker I'm talking about people using an aimbot in the middle of the map and putting one taps to everything goes with weapons like the RPK or so on without even taking time to hide this aimbot or those who use a Wall Hack by following the person with his crosshair when it is behind a wall (yes yes we see that in RANKED.)

I fully understand that the support has work and that there are many tickets sent every day however the presence of hackers in this mode is recurrent. It is painful because it makes you lose points and time. When you fall on a hacker you have 2 solutions: Wait for this person to disconnect or restart a game hoping not to fall with or against. When I report a hacker in general the ban takes between 24h and 48h which shows that the support is responsive but what is that for 48 hours this person will annoy players see ELO BOOST some that they will have no penalty elsewhere.

To solve this problem I have several solutions: Create a specialized support for the RANKED mode which would drastically reduce the waiting time before the sanction of the player or create a dedicated lounge on the DISCORD in which the postponement could be done this way: Server - Ch - Room - Nickname of the hacker - The hack. A moderator who would be available could quickly spectate the game and sanction it directly.

There are still some slight problems to mention but if already those mentioned above could be settled it would be huge. I know that as a proposed player solutions and "complain" is always simple and that the proposed solutions can not necessarily be put in place (Especially for the Hacker part) but as I said at the beginning the goal is simply to improve this mode.

I want to thank you if you have read so far and if you want to debate do not hesitate to leave your opinion or even to propose alternative solutions! (Sorry if my English is bad :'/)

Comments

• BLUEJJ wrote: »
    Hello everyone before I begin I want to say that this topic aims to improve the ranked mode and that the criticisms that will be made are in no way made to harm this mode. Being currently Master 2 I think I have made enough parties to be able to name the various problems of this mode by proposing solutions.

So that the reading is simple I will treat the various problems by points by proposing a solution just below. Let's start with an overview of the distribution of players in the different ELOs by comparing them with those of League of Legends since the ranks were taken from this game. (We will not take into account the divisions Iron and Challenger.)

League of Legends / CF percentages.

Bronze: 19.74% / 0.28%
    Silver: 36.49% / 29.12%
    Gold: 26.34% / 36.78%
    Platinum: 9.96% / 28.10%
    Diamond: 4.01% / 5.21%
    Master's degree: 0.04% / 0.51%
    Grandmaster: 0.07% / 0% (?)

We can see very quickly that there is a big problem concerning the Bronze bearing as well as Platinum bearing. To take a very simple comparison if the percentage of Grandmaster for CF was available there would be as many bronze players than Grandmaster players which seems pretty hard to believe. For other useless levels to pay attention since the 0.28% of bronze distorts the statistics. The following question is therefore legitimate: Why is the distribution of the players done so?

The answer is very simple: The points system!

For players who have never done RANKED here is how the RANKED system works.

Let's take the example of the Silver tier which has 6 levels like the other divisions except GrandMaster (Silver 1,2,3 ...) to go from Silver 1 to Silver 2 you have to get 100 points and so on until Master or from there it will be necessary to obtain 150 points to go up a landing.

When you lose a match you lose between 1 and 10 points (on average) but when you win a match you gain between 9 and 25 points depending on your KD and the number of MVPs you have during the game. And we come to the heart of the problem: A player being at a level too high in relation to his level of play can still continue to climb because he will always earn more points than he will lose. (This is veridict since there are some Master players with this kind of profile: Kills 1200 Deaths 1800.) Of course it creates another problem, a player being a division too weak compared to his level of play will see his progression be however slow enough for that, make a simple calculation: 5 x 20 x 6 = 600. (5 which represents the number of games, 20 the number of points won per game, 6 the number of steps to move from one division to one other.) In short he will have to make about 30 consecutive victories to move from one division to another despite a high KD. To check this theory, it's easy: Create a Smurf that has missed your investment matches to be SILVER, win your games by having a good KD (4 KD minimum) and you will see that despite this your progress will be long, very long.

One solution is very simple to solve these 2 problems, let's start with the problem of people playing a high ELO: The more the KD of the person is negative the more the loss of points must be important and the point gain decreased. Some will say "Yes but bad parts happen" indeed it happens but when the person at KD 0.4 general is not some bad parts is usually a large number which means that his level of play does not does not match his ELO.

For players playing an ELO that is too low compared to their level of play, let's just go back to the League of Legends system: Blow up levels when the KD is above a certain value + a certain number of consecutive wins and increase the number of points received in case of victories.

The way points are distributed in ranked is odd, I agree. At times I see people gaining no points whats however while they won a game. The GM's should show how the points are calculated in my opinion, so players understand it more clearly.

Now take another problem: Weapons and characters in RANKED.

To recall the competitive mode of a game is based on the fact that NO player has any advantage whatsoever but here there are clearly advantages only regarding the RP weapons or the VVIP. No need to be a genius to know that VVIP weapons are advantageous over GP or RP weapons and RP weapons are also favored by some GP weapons. CrossFire is a basic F2P so the minimum would be that all players in RANKED are forced to play with GP characters and GP weapons and not all that is SLUG / VVIP / 9A91 and so on. Same for everything RP item is the players automatically have a BP when they arrive in a game or nobody has one. Here is no point in talking about AIM or anything we talk about fairness and not skills. For VVIP characters it is simply to avoid the E + Sniper spam that is used.

Yes, in it's essential form CF is a F2P game. But it's best to specify it as a "Freemium" game these days. Meaning players gain advantage over others by buying in game items. In the last couple of years a balance is made between the P2W and F2P players in my opinion. Powerful weapons and characters have been released for free or a low amount of ZP. It's balanced out quite enough for ranked to be playable for every kind of player and I thereby think all weapons and characters should remain usable in ranked.

Speaking of AIM we will reach the last point of the subject and it is obviously the following: The hackers!

Before I start I want to clarify that when I talk about hacker I'm talking about people using an aimbot in the middle of the map and putting one taps to everything goes with weapons like the RPK or so on without even taking time to hide this aimbot or those who use a Wall Hack by following the person with his crosshair when it is behind a wall (yes yes we see that in RANKED.)

I fully understand that the support has work and that there are many tickets sent every day however the presence of hackers in this mode is recurrent. It is painful because it makes you lose points and time. When you fall on a hacker you have 2 solutions: Wait for this person to disconnect or restart a game hoping not to fall with or against. When I report a hacker in general the ban takes between 24h and 48h which shows that the support is responsive but what is that for 48 hours this person will annoy players see ELO BOOST some that they will have no penalty elsewhere.

To solve this problem I have several solutions: Create a specialized support for the RANKED mode which would drastically reduce the waiting time before the sanction of the player or create a dedicated lounge on the DISCORD in which the postponement could be done this way: Server - Ch - Room - Nickname of the hacker - The hack. A moderator who would be available could quickly spectate the game and sanction it directly.

Such a channel is already implemented on the Crossfire West Discord. The GM's try to check it as much as they can. You can join the CF West Discord using this link: https://discordapp.com/invite/crossfire by checking out the #hack-reporting-info channel you can find all there is to know about the hack reporting through Discord.

There are still some slight problems to mention but if already those mentioned above could be settled it would be huge. I know that as a proposed player solutions and "complain" is always simple and that the proposed solutions can not necessarily be put in place (Especially for the Hacker part) but as I said at the beginning the goal is simply to improve this mode.

I want to thank you if you have read so far and if you want to debate do not hesitate to leave your opinion or even to propose alternative solutions! (Sorry if my English is bad :'/)

First off, very well constructed thread. I'll leave my comments and feedback in red in the quoted post.