AI Modes AFK Botters

Rant: Found a couple of rooms where the host just AFKs in Crater Dawn, leaving the rest of the people to carry them. If the team is victorious, the AFK player gets a chance to win an awakening gem and also event crates.

Solution:
Give the 1st place player the highest chance to be able to win awakening gems. While the 2nd and 3rd place have higher rates than standard rates but less than 1st place to earn gems and last place is set to standard rates. This incentivizes players to actually compete for spots so that they can have a better chance to win some gems. I don't think anyone with all the best ZM points boosting equipment while they're AFK can beat someone in who actually moves and shoots at zombies.

Higher ranked players would also be more incentivized to play with the little guys to earn that 1st place spot. This is a win-win scenario, because not all players have great weapons to be able to get a boss clear and they might struggle a lot too. If the little guys actually wants to have an chance at earning 1st place themselves, they can choose who they play with. As of now, a lot of the most efficient rooms are filled with high ranked players with aa-12 buster/infection and VIPs. While the little guys can barely hold their own in hard mode.

I believe at the moment, that earning a gem is only by beating the final boss based on the time limit is a flawed strategy if a team member decides to AFK. They will drag everyone else down. Whereas everyone competing for a spot increases teamwork in order to win some awakening gems. I don't advocate removing the increased chance of better prizes for beating the boss during the time limit, because without the time limit, players will take their sweet time in doing things and can slow down the team and decrease efficiency. My solution incentivizes players to actually compete and try.

Comments

• So you suggest I'll always get the most Awakening gems when I play with my 6 Thompson VVIP's (considering there aren't many rooms in which another player has the same amount)? Doesn't that make this mode a bit Pay2Win?
  • Yes, you guys do have a point there about the pay2win issues.

If it means that it encourages more people to pay, then the chance of my suggestion getting at least a glance by the developers instead of getting straight sent to the trash.

At the moment, gems have a pretty low rate, so my suggestion also advocates for increasing the rates.

I doubt that if someone were to AFK with 6 VIP thompsons that they will even reach 1st place.
    If someone does decide to play with 6 thompson VIPs, then the 2nd and 3rd place also gets higher rates than standard rates as well.

This game is already pay2win, you can even pay for the awakening crystals to level up ak 47 busters. So players can already pay for the gems once they unlocked the ak 47 buster and not have to play that gamemode.

My initial suggestions advocates for increased rates to incentivize players to actually participate in the gamemode. This helps out the little guys as well that cannot afford to buy gems. With such low rates, these guys will be farming gems for years before they can finally hit ak 47 buster gold. Remember that these guys has a choice on who they play with, so if someone decides to play with 6 thompson VIPs, they can decide to play with/without them.
  • What would helps , its increasng the chances to get it/Jewel