Let's make a VIP SMG

I suggest dual Kris super V, TMP, p90, mp5 or any other SMG

The SMGs need love. Stupid people usually say SMGs are for noobies but the reality is SMGs are harder to play than rifles. Play SMGs require real skills.

Also, you often see people complain about TMP users in game and want to kick them out. These stupid people don't even know that this SMG is the only SMG playable against rifles (Of cource when the TMP users counter a pro rifle user they'd lose straight away cos rifle such as AK47 can just 1 shot them to the head).

I can't understand why crossfire is full of stupid people.

Comments

• Sr3m is probably the best smg after the banned tmp, even against riflers, it retains its fairly good firepower at longer ranges + is not broken like tmp cause no JHP/earthquake-maker bullets
    That one would make a nice vip though i dont see that happening as its an uncommun weapon

+ theres already thompson vip if you really want to own a vip smg
  • The SMGs need love. Stupid people usually say SMGs are for noobies but the reality is SMGs are harder to play than rifles. Play SMGs require real skills

I disagree completely. When you rush in to a bomb site with a TMP or EVO and fully spray a guy using a rifle they have no way of responding due to the extreme tagging effect. TMP's and Scorpion EVO's dominate on close range, that's a fact.

I agree with above comments, a shotgun VVIP should be implemented first (KSG or M1216 being the most suitable ones in my opinion).
  • Frmtkk wrote: »
    -1 we need a shotgun first lol.

+1 for the shotgun...

Smgs are actually brainless to use.
  • Utmost wrote: »

I disagree completely. When you rush in to a bomb site with a TMP or EVO and fully spray a guy using a rifle they have no way of responding due to the extreme tagging effect. TMP's and Scorpion EVO's dominate on close range, that's a fact.

I agree with above comments, a shotgun VVIP should be implemented first (KSG or M1216 being the most suitable ones in my opinion).

If what you said is true then do you think it is fair for rifle to dominate in long range combat? You often see rifle user 1 shot people in the head from far away. AK47 can even 1 shot people through wall.

This is an "If" question, i'm not saying TMP > Any rifle in close range combat.
  • LL_TK wrote: »

+1 for the shotgun...

Smgs are actually brainless to use.

If this is the case then Rifles are for brainless people to use as well.

Because apart from higher damamage, rifles are not much diffferent from SMGs. It's true that rifles have more recoil (generally, some SMGs recoils more than typical rifles), but the recoil has recognisable pattterns and can be easily controlled (shooting at enemy's legs for example, bullets will go up to their body - this is if you want to spray with rifle only as the 1st few bullets are extremely accurate which is deadly even in long range).

• If what you said is true then do you think it is fair for rifle to dominate in long range combat? You often see rifle user 1 shot people in the head from far away. AK47 can even 1 shot people through wall.

This is an "If" question, i'm not saying TMP > Any rifle in close range combat.

It would be stupid if SMG's dominated on long range, so yes, it's fair to say that rifles are better on longer ranges.

It would be stupid if SMG's dominated on long range, so yes, it's fair to say that rifles are better on longer ranges.

Then what is the problem IF SMGs dominate rifles in close range?

Would you have the same problem with rifles when you are a sniper and some rifle user get close to you and shoot you dead?

Also, would you have the same problem with shotguns when some shotgun user 1 shot you in a super close range but you can kill him easily with any gun (even pistol) in mid range?

Seriously, this game is full of stupid people.
  • I believe shotgun vip should be more priority...
  • mun55 wrote: »
    I believe shotgun vip should be more priority...

This is all up Z8games to decide, you have no say in it and you won't be able to predict what they will do next. They'll do what they think is the best for their business.

Both SMGs and Shotguns are good though, I'd buy it.
  • Agree with shotgun VIPP as well.. we miss that in CF!

• Then what is the problem IF SMGs dominate rifles in close range?

Would you have the same problem with rifles when you are a sniper and some rifle user get close to you and shoot you dead?

Also, would you have the same problem with shotguns when some shotgun user 1 shot you in a super close range but you can kill him easily with any gun (even pistol) in mid range?

Seriously, this game is full of stupid people.

Firstly, what's the need of calling me stupid? I'd say it's pretty stupid to think that the tagging effect of the Scorpion EVO and TMP is not incredibly overpowered. Because of the tagging effect the TMP and Scorpion EVO are nearly as overpowered as a VVIP rifle in medium range.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. When I'm sniping and a player would come up close with a rifle I'd have time to run away when I'm hit. When someone starts spraying me close range with a SMG with tagging effect it's nearly impossible for me to run away.

​​​​​​Same story for the shotgun (though I believe shotguns like EDP and Slug are too overpowered too).

Firstly, what's the need of calling me stupid? I'd say it's pretty stupid to think that the tagging effect of the Scorpion EVO and TMP is not incredibly overpowered. Because of the tagging effect the TMP and Scorpion EVO are nearly as overpowered as a VVIP rifle in medium range.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. When I'm sniping and a player would come up close with a rifle I'd have time to run away when I'm hit. When someone starts spraying me close range with a SMG with tagging effect it's nearly impossible for me to run away.

​​​​​​Same story for the shotgun (though I believe shotguns like EDP and Slug are too overpowered too).

tagging effect is no more powerful than ability to shoot through wall.

It's basically the types of bullet they use. Rifles use penetrating bullets which are much more powerful and can kill you through walls. In contrast, many SMGs such as TMP use some other type of bullet which explode inside victim's body instead of penetrate through it, this causes the victim to suffer severe internal injuries/pain. This leads to the victim unable to act (stunned little bit), this is the basis of the tagging effect.

This is why you don't normally see SMGs with stagging effect kill pepole through walls or wooden boxes. Cos they can't penetrate through it.
  • SMGs without tagging effect can penetrate though, cos they use penetrating bullet and not the exploding one. However, the penetration is weaker than that of riffles. An example is MP7.
  • Thanks for explaining how the ammunition works, not that that's any use to the argument. It's true wallbang is pretty powerful too but ammunition that makes a target nearly unable to act against his opponent on medium range combat is just ridiculous.

If you don't agree with that, it's fine, well agree to disagree.
  • VIP version of any SMG may not be a good idea because normal type of TMP is enough to make people mad and P90 has different versions for ZM mode. maybe Kriss is OK. But I think very limited players would buy that weapon. On the other hand, most of players are looking forward to seeing an VIP shotgun in the game. that VİP shotgun might have slug feature and fast reload or burst like D.E-El Dorado.
  • TMP oh yea!! since they added vips and the pay2win thing i don't see the game like the old days as i see now more criers for useless things ,kids,bugs and CPU issue so by adding this SMG guns as a VVIP so it will ruin it.
    • IGN Ezio
  • +1 For a VIP Kriss or SR3M.
    - Infinity, for a TMP or other JHP VIP
    Though i would like to see a VIP Shotgun first. The VIP SMG that exists, sucks, why did they choose the Thompson, it looks good, but is only usable in extreme close-up fighting.

I am a user of mostly SMG's. My reasons:
    1.i like the movement speed you get, it brings my memory back to the old shool shooters i use to play, were speed and the abillity to react was everything. Tactics and aim, was two far away secondary skills that you needed. I like to be able to play without thinking and just relax mostly these day's.
    2. When i started playing crossfire long ago, with the char i had back then, i only used rifles. Infact, i played using the m16, then the m4 when i could by that and never used another gun in the game untill i got hacked and quit for a few years. When i started with this char i only used the SG552 until i got bored and quit gaming again. When i begun again last summer, i didn't wan't to start to play like that again, i didn't wan't to see another rifle, so i switched to mostly play with SMG's and haven't gone bored out of my mind yet.
    3. When fighting people with bad ping (As more then half of this game's players have) , spraying is more effective than being careful on the trigger for aim's sake.
    4. Using SMG's against people who have VIP's and the so called "Cheat Weapons" (Like 9a, slug etc.) is more effective (Atleast if you rush them or sneak up on them).

But the TMP and possibly Scorpion, really needs to be depowered, they are way to much of a cheat weapon.
    Other than them, just adapt, play and stop complaining. Before christmas, people complained about the M14. When i started playing, people hated on the AK-47 players, calling them overpowered cheaters. Then it was hate against the SCAR Light, its kind of funny watching the complains, through the years. I wonder what weapon will be the next hate target.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    +1 For a VIP Kriss or SR3M.
    - Infinity, for a TMP or other JHP VIP
    Though i would like to see a VIP Shotgun first. The VIP SMG that exists, sucks, why did they choose the Thompson, it looks good, but is only usable in extreme close-up fighting.

I am a user of mostly SMG's. My reasons:
    1.i like the movement speed you get, it brings my memory back to the old shool shooters i use to play, were speed and the abillity to react was everything. Tactics and aim, was two far away secondary skills that you needed. I like to be able to play without thinking and just relax mostly these day's.
    2. When i started playing crossfire long ago, with the char i had back then, i only used rifles. Infact, i played using the m16, then the m4 when i could by that and never used another gun in the game untill i got hacked and quit for a few years. When i started with this char i only used the SG552 until i got bored and quit gaming again. When i begun again last summer, i didn't wan't to start to play like that again, i didn't wan't to see another rifle, so i switched to mostly play with SMG's and haven't gone bored out of my mind yet.
    3. When fighting people with bad ping (As more then half of this game's players have) , spraying is more effective than being careful on the trigger for aim's sake.
    4. Using SMG's against people who have VIP's and the so called "Cheat Weapons" (Like 9a, slug etc.) is more effective (Atleast if you rush them or sneak up on them).

But the TMP and possibly Scorpion, really needs to be depowered, they are way to much of a cheat weapon.
    Other than them, just adapt, play and stop complaining. Before christmas, people complained about the M14. When i started playing, people hated on the AK-47 players, calling them overpowered cheaters. Then it was hate against the SCAR Light, its kind of funny watching the complains, through the years. I wonder what weapon will be the next hate target.

Dual Kriss is good, like the rusty gold one from ZM2.

And it should have a pve perk like AN94, otherwise it wouldn't attract many buyers.

• Dual Kriss is good, like the rusty gold one from ZM2.

And it should have a pve perk like AN94, otherwise it wouldn't attract many buyers.

The regular Kriss is also pretty good, As it works great short and medium range, and works okay at long range. It is a little weaker than the SR3M, but has more ammo, so it evens out in the end. Most other SMGs are crap at long range, okay at medium and super at short range. That's why i like Kriss and SR3M, more than other SMG's.

Maby perks for Mutant Mode instead, as SMG's are good mutant hunting weapons and you can really use the movement speed that comes from using a SMG. For ZM, i would like to see a VIP shotgun, a KSG or AA12 would be good choices.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • PorBiejin wrote: »
    +1 on the shotgun VIP
    -1 on the SMG VIP

I understand why there is a "-1" on the SMG VIP. It's because you are not pro enough to use it. Noobies like you always prefer overpowered guns like AK47 in order to kill people easily no matter of distance right?

• I understand why there is a "-1" on the SMG VIP. It's because you are not pro enough to use it. Noobies like you always prefer overpowered guns like AK47 in order to kill people easily no matter of distance right?

Wait... You're saying using an AK to headshot from across the map (because thats the only way an AK is good) takes less skill and is more noobish than spraying an SMG at medium-close range?

• I understand why there is a "-1" on the SMG VIP. It's because you are not pro enough to use it. Noobies like you always prefer overpowered guns like AK47 in order to kill people easily no matter of distance right?
    AK is OP? Did I miss something?

Wait... You're saying using an AK to headshot from across the map (because thats the only way an AK is good) takes less skill and is more noobish than spraying an SMG at medium-close range?
    Hhhhhhh SMG's are hard to control especially close range. kappa

• Wait... You're saying using an AK to headshot from across the map (because thats the only way an AK is good) takes less skill and is more noobish than spraying an SMG at medium-close range?

Spraying an SMG is harder than spraying a rifle or an MG because SMGs usually have no recognisable recoil pattern like rifles (e.g AK47 has T pattern).

You need to be extremely pro to be able to play any SMG with a good score.

By the way, when was the last time you see an SMG user with a good score at the end of a game (K/D = 1.5) ? Probably 10 years ago right?
  • IMChuck wrote: »
    AK is OP? Did I miss something?

Hhhhhhh SMG's are hard to control especially close range. kappa

AK47 is really strong, its damamge is almost like an automatic sniper rifle. Its accuracy is almost like a sniper. If you use tmp to shoot someone from far away, the bullet might go somewhere else, but this is not true for ak.

it can one shot you in the head from quite a long distance.

in close range, it can kill you with 2 shots in the body

in mid range, it can kill you with 2 shots in the body also.

it can kill you even if you are behind a thick wall.

in very close range, it can kill you even faster than a shotgun because shotgun needs good aim why ak can just spray

I'm not complaining though. I like to play against strong weapons and win over them by using weaker weapons.

• AK47 is really strong, its damamge is almost like an automatic sniper rifle. Its accuracy is almost like a sniper. If you use tmp to shoot someone from far away, the bullet might go somewhere else, but this is not true for ak.

it can one shot you in the head from quite a long distance.

in close range, it can kill you with 2 shots in the body

in mid range, it can kill you with 2 shots in the body also.

it can kill you even if you are behind a thick wall.

I'm not complaining though. I like to play against strong weapons and win over them by using weaker weapons.

However, this is not considered as 'OP'.
    Sure, if you can deal with an AK 47, it is clearly the 'best' weapon. But that does not mean that an AK47 is OP.
    Unlike a TMP ... Even on long range, a TMP is still strong, as long as you know how to do a 'burst-shot' ... which is not really hard, is it? I'm definitely on your side when we talk about MP5 / MP7, but TMP?
    Anyway, at the end of the day it does not bother me if there is a vip smg or not (One already exists ...) So why not a second one?^^
  • Painanator wrote: »

The regular Kriss is also pretty good, As it works great short and medium range, and works okay at long range. It is a little weaker than the SR3M, but has more ammo, so it evens out in the end. Most other SMGs are crap at long range, okay at medium and super at short range. That's why i like Kriss and SR3M, more than other SMG's.

Maby perks for Mutant Mode instead, as SMG's are good mutant hunting weapons and you can really use the movement speed that comes from using a SMG. For ZM, i would like to see a VIP shotgun, a KSG or AA12 would be good choices.

They are super at short range only when your enemy is a sniper, if your enemy is a rifle user then you can't outdamage the rifle user with a SMG. The rifle user normally kills you faster. This is my experience with both rifles and smgs, though my record shows I have 2x kills with rifles than that of smgs.

I find the best range for SMGs is mid range. At this range, you can rival against any rifle user, sniper user, or shotgun user by using your speed advantage (it's quite hard for a the enemy to get good aim at you when you move around too fast like a rat at mid range). This is also the reason why the 1st thing I look at a SMG before buying it is its weight. This is the only superior thing that a SMG can offer you while rifles can't. This is also the reason why I like dual Kriss more than single Kriss: Dual kriss is lighter than single one (Z8games logic)