Sniper only should be sniper only

Hi all,

in every sniper only match at least a quarter of my deaths are because of meeles. This makes me so angry. In FFA for example some people join without having a sniper equipped.
If they want to get meele kills, they should play knife only matches. But not sniper only. That destroys all my fun in sniper only matches.
If there is a close combat fight, quickscope.
If you dont have any bullets in your magazine, reload.
If your weapon is out of bullets, try to pick up another sniper.
I know, in some cases you need to knife.

That's why I am suggesting the following:
1. You can not join a sniper only match without having a sniper in any bag.
2. After 3 or 5 knife kills (up to you) you get kicked out of the match (in FFA very useful).

Let me know what you think!

Kindest regards

Hyrodix aka FreakinPanda

Comments

• Melee weapons are a necessary evil. If you're out of ammo and there's no snipers on the floor, your only option is using a melee weapon. I like suggestion 1, I don't like suggestion 2.
  • I dont man,so far logical will be you will knife if your sniper doesnt have any ammo

So far,knifing in sniper match is annoying,equal to griefing,i wish such players could be reported for ruining people games,put i could see such thing being abused

I recommend to get carried because such players
  • 'git gud' as some would say....

but seriously now
    i'll +1 the 1 suggestion but the 2 suggestion i won't. Partially as i dont think such a trigger for such a condition exists within the game and also because it won't stop people from using knifes in those rooms but will likely result in players who are trying to snipe but let a knifer get to close to them ultimately end up switching to their knife and knifing the knifers and eventually get kicked themselves.

The only other suggestion i think could be done with melees in Snipers only is reducing the damage of Melees by like 50%. Thus there's at least no 1 hit kills involved from melees....but....can they nerf damage to one type of weapon in a game mode and not all weapon types? That option might just not be possible either though is perhaps the most viable one in terms of helping solve the issue without flat out removing the melee.

Although I do honestly believe....if you can't sniper the knifers before they get to you....then it is what it is. Spawn protection doesn't even last that long anymore (seems to last longer on my enemies than me though....) but if you satisfy your 1st suggestion where they have to equip a sniper...then they'll spawn and draw that sniper out which will take up most if not all of their spawn protection leaving them vulnerable for you to hit. Thus reducing the issue of knifers spawning next to you and killing you quickly that way and bringing it all back to the 'git gud' mentality.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    '

The only other suggestion i think could be done with melees in Snipers only is reducing the damage of Melees by like 50%. Thus there's at least no 1 hit kills involved from melees....but....can they nerf damage to one type of weapon in a game mode and not all weapon types? That option might just not be possible either though is perhaps the most viable one in terms of helping solve the issue without flat out removing the melee.

I like your suggestion. I have had a similar thought. I think it is pretty easy to change that.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Spawn protection doesn't even last that long anymore
    I think the invincibility period in FFA might be glitched or something. Sometimes, it works normally; other times, it lets me shoot someone the second they spawn. It seems random. It works fine in TD though.
  • xkennyPLx wrote: »
    Melee weapons are a necessary evil. If you're out of ammo and there's no snipers on the floor, your only option is using a melee weapon. I like suggestion 1, I don't like suggestion 2.

tbh most of the time there's snipers on the floor, its also rare to run out of ammo, and you can my a those extra sniper mag's in shop. Completly agree with making melees deal 0 HP. That's the way to go. Knifing in "only modes" can ruin the mode when other players take advantage(sometimes) of it by knifing. Thanks OP for raising awareness (like others including me) to arrange this. Thanks.
  • TheGun9 wrote: »

tbh most of the time there's snipers on the floor, its also rare to run out of ammo, and you can my a those extra sniper mag's in shop. Completly agree with making melees deal 0 HP. That's the way to go. Knifing in "only modes" can ruin the mode when other players take advantage(sometimes) of it by knifing. Thanks OP for raising awareness (like others including me) to arrange this. Thanks.

It may be rare but it still happens. Extra magazines are a band-aid solution. You should never be left completely without options. That would be bad game design. If you want to get rid of melees then you'd have to implement other solutions, like infinite sniper magazines for sniper-only matches; that would mess with the ammo management element of the game though, so you'd have to think of other penalties to counter that- but I digress. The point is that it's not just a quick, simple solution to disable melee weapons.

Why? Because in every game mode you can get knifed plus the knife is a basic part of your equipment. Yes it sucks when someone just directly runs at you with his melee and starts slashing you but you can always knife back so why cry about this? Be a better player and kill the knifer before he does. Simple.
  • Is there a difference between awm-gold, the one from the black market, and the awm infernal dragon? I know there are more perks to the vip, but usage wise is there a difference?
  • Is there a difference between awm-gold, the one from the black market, and the awm infernal dragon? I know there are more perks to the vip, but usage wise is there a difference?

This is not on topic, make another thread next time. But to answer your question: AWM Ultimate gold is on par and in some perspectives even faster than the AWM VVIP.

On topic: +1 on the first suggestion though knifers in FFA Sniper don't bother me much.
  • If you're given something to use, use it. that includes knifing. #survivalofthefittest If you're good knifers are literally free kills.