Magazine increase for the regular KAR 98k

Hi guys,

I already mentioned this in another thread but thought it was worthy of making it in to a actual suggestion.

Since the KAR 98k-Winter Camo was added in the Mileage shop this patch I find it very unfair players paid ZP for a non skinned, lower ammo version of this weapon. I thereby think the magazine of the regular KAR 98k should be matched with the Winter Camo one, making it 8/40 instead of 5/25.

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Comments

• Wow,i think this is the first time i read a non cf announcement forum post.. So back to the topic:
    i always hold the view: the sooner u buy,the sooner u enjoy it.We can't just request a refund of buying a vip just because there was a big discount on black friday,we can't request a refund of buying crates,just because they are now free in a weekly event,and many people got the weapons for free.I know the people who spent money on the normal kar are not happy,but sry. -1
  • Well...not fully sure how I feel about it. I'll just remind you that there was a Blue Dawn skin that was released just over 1 year ago (during the Valentines bingo in 2018) that is essentially just like the Snow Camo in terms of ammo and scope. People paid for that one too and part of the draw to it was that it had a few more shots than the original kar....
  • I think it's the same for players that feel bad about the dragon blade with some preorder.. they got the regular skinned one but then the cooler lava glowy eyes one was in MP
  • Wow,i think this is the first time i read a non cf announcement forum post.. So back to the topic:
    i always hold the view: the sooner u buy,the sooner u enjoy it.We can't just request a refund of buying a vip just because there was a big discount on black friday,we can't request a refund of buying crates,just because they are now free in a weekly event,and many people got the weapons for free.I know the people who spent money on the normal kar are not happy,but sry. -1

A VVIP getting a bigger discount is something else than a better version of a weapon being released for free while the worse version is still in the Black Market for ZP in my opinion. But I get the comparison you're making.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    Well...not fully sure how I feel about it. I'll just remind you that there was a Blue Dawn skin that was released just over 1 year ago (during the Valentines bingo in 2018) that is essentially just like the Snow Camo in terms of ammo and scope. People paid for that one too and part of the draw to it was that it had a few more shots than the original kar....

To my knowledge obtaining a Bingo weapons at times is much harder than obtaining a weapon from the Black Market. I think it's fair they released the Blue Dawn in this format. Both weapons were available for ZP. The Winter Camo however is available for free, this is completely different.
  • skyyblu wrote: »
    I think it's the same for players that feel bad about the dragon blade with some preorder.. they got the regular skinned one but then the cooler lava glowy eyes one was in MP

This is in fact true, I honestly never understood why they released the Silver version of the Dragon Blade upon the pre-sale and not the regular version.
  • Utmost wrote: »

To my knowledge obtaining a Bingo weapons at times is much harder than obtaining a weapon from the Black Market. I think it's fair they released the Blue Dawn in this format. Both weapons were available for ZP. The Winter Camo however is available for free, this is completely different.

which is somewhat my point though....Bingo weapons, especially by the Valentine bingo when the blue dawn kar was released, became a minimum of 100-120k ZP. They are also limited time weapons. Meanwhile the base Kar has been around for ~3 years and has had it's crates as rewards for events a few times. So bringing it up to par to the blue dawn skin....is kinda insulting to the blue dawn owners and only add insult to the injury of seeing the snow camo version in MP (and for less than the thunderbolt hammer noble silver at that....like who comes up with these prices?)

like i get being mad about this. but ultimately this is nothing new in the realm of crossfire. especially when it comes to base skin models of weapons really. One could argue that Raging Bull owners could be mad about the Ranked season 250 reward being essentially a free raging bull...and before that it was karambits there. the m4 noble beast being an 'exclusive to bingo' reward that then got put in a spin the wheel with a high win rate where a LOT of people won it for free in very few spins and is a weapon that you could argue negates most ZP M4s since it's a Noble class.
    This is unfortunately the risk you take when you participate in the BM and win something or even on special event weapons. Be glad you got to enjoy it for awhile before people got the free version. Also chances are most people won't even use the snow camo version once it's taken out of MP because most people like AWMs, Barrets, and Cheytacs. They'll return to those after awhile.
  • Well I think in the end no changes will be made and Smilegate kind off forced the hand of Z8Games on this matter. If the KAR Winter Camo wasn't released in MP in EU it would've never been released in Mileage in West. In the end, there might be no good way of balancing this out, some will always remain unhappy. Thanks for the feedback guys!