There should be a region block for EG people in European Servers

Players from Egypt should not be allowed to join European Servers in this game . People from Europe with good internet and good PC`s and a good internet speed are playing against someone with 150 + ping .. how fair is this ? . I remember that they made a Region Block in Crossfire Europe so all the egy`s came to CF NA cause they couldn`t play there anymore unless using VPN`s and other stuff ..

Comments

• Come on the majority of them have around 80 ping which isnt that bad
  • Ping is about your distance from the server (germany)and not about your inet speed or pc

I'm from the middle east and have 1 giga speed+decent enough pc...and yet get 90 ping (even tho stable 250 fps)
  • Ping is about your distance from the server (germany)and not about your inet speed or pc

I'm from the middle east and have 1 giga speed+decent enough pc...and yet get 90 ping (even tho stable 250 fps)

I cant believe that you are trying to teach me what ping is .. And what has FPS to do with ping ? Those are 2 diffrent things . Anyway .. the thread is about region block not tehnical information .
  • azertiiz wrote: »
    Come on the majority of them have around 80 ping which isnt that bad

That is not true at all. Most of EGY players got 100+ ping, and for an average EU player who plays with an average of 30 ping, that plays out on their monitor as really laggy (they jump to places, teleport, CANNOT be killed in sniper matches etc.).
  • CalinEU wrote: »

I cant believe that you are trying to teach me what ping is .. And what has FPS to do with ping ? Those are 2 diffrent things . Anyway .. the thread is about region block not tehnical information .

Yes they are 2 different things, but you opened that door when you started the thread with "[...] People from Europe with good internet and good PC`s and a good internet speed are playing against someone with 150 + ping [...]". You meant good FPS with good PC, right?

I agree that most of them are laggers, but that has to do with there being far more many egy players in this game than eu players so if you look at the percents it's not more than the average.

Furthermore their pings have gotten better with being between 70-90 which is for someone like me still too much, I play with 15 ping on average, but you can't put a region block on Egypt. Before them, there should be a region block for USA and Canada, especially in EU Ranked as their ping is 150 + and they definitely don't receive the damage they should.

If you do not want to play with them, you can always set a password on your rooms and play with your clanmates and friends only.
    If you do not have enough friends, you can not take it out on a region.
  • The reason egyptian users were region blocked on CFEU was licensing. The west region has licensing for the Egypt region (and most of MENA region, if I recall) so this will likely not happen.
  • I think i have a better idea that should make everyone happy, we need just 1 channel in eu with ping restriction, like delta is staff sergeant + , lets say eu foxtrot should be restricted only for players with ping under 100; than everyone who dont want play with laggers would go play on that channel, and the players with lagg would still have 4 channels where they can play.
  • i am an american but leaving in Egypt please don't then i can't play and my ping is average 70
  • There must be something we can do for all players to be happy and still enjoying this game ... Cause for now , it`s a mess .. especially in FFA .
  • winnnetou wrote: »
    I think i have a better idea that should make everyone happy, we need just 1 channel in eu with ping restriction, like delta is staff sergeant + , lets say eu foxtrot should be restricted only for players with ping under 100; than everyone who dont want play with laggers would go play on that channel, and the players with lagg would still have 4 channels where they can play.

So if my ping would spike in this server I'd be kicked from the server?
  • I think a point that should be taken in consideration here is the % of middle eastern players in CrossFire West, I think their player base could be so vast that restricting them to play CF West might result in the inevitable doom of this version. I think the whole of the EU/UK player base added together wouldn't even be half of the Middle Eastern player base (this is not based on fact, just own experience playing CF West).