Ping Cap for servers

Can we get an option for the servers to stop the super lag people out? Can't play a North American server game without having the room 3/4 full ( or more ) of laggers in the room. When I say laggers I mean people not in North America and who ping over 120. The game is becoming full of this trash lag!

Comments

• There is an item in CF Espanol which has a ping limiter for rooms. They could implement that here.
  • Waiwio wrote: »
    There is an item in CF Espanol which has a ping limiter for rooms. They could implement that here.

Would be great, even just as a test.
  • Besides the fact that most of the players of this game are from Egypt and Turkey (hence the lagg) capping the game to a certain number of "ping" would make the game unavailable to them which would be for Crossfire something like shooting themselves in the foot, so i don't think we will see anything like this in the game, although i would love to see it.
    Sorry to break your dream.
  • LL_TK wrote: »
    Besides the fact that most of the players of this game are from Egypt and Turkey (hence the lagg) capping the game to a certain number of "ping" would make the game unavailable to them which would be for Crossfire something like shooting themselves in the foot, so i don't think we will see anything like this in the game, although i would love to see it.
    Sorry to break your dream.

We could need an extra turkish/arab server so the problem is a little less.

Other idea is to have servers located in different areas where every server itself has a set maxping. So when someone comes from West Coast USA he has a superior ping on all WC Servers but a normal ping on East Cost. On a western europe or UK server he would have a 100-150 ping but still could play. On a eastern european server (ping = 150+) the access could be denied. I think in CF China they use this system.
  • If we can't get ping caps for the NA servers then here is an idea, on the server list put the NA servers on the bottom of the list instead of the top? Just a thought.
  • I think the best thing to do would be to put a ping cap on one or two of the na servers that are always empty. This way laggers would still be able to join the alpha and bravo servers and na players wouldn't have to put up with them anymore.
  • Ping cap on a couple of unused servers, atleast as a test, seems like the most doable option. They won't cap more, as it would hurt business by alienating the biggest area of income. They won't buy anymore servers as both the server and running it is costly. Egypt, Turkey and The Middle east would get their own server and those player would leave CF-West. Cf-West probably wouldn't have enough players, to make it worth running, economicaly speaking. The truth is that, your two alternatives is biting the bullet and keep on playing, not letting it bother you or simply quit playing CF. I see more gain in keeping on playing CF, as even with all it's faults, it's the only MMO FPS that i liked, any other game in the genre i tried has made me bored in a week and quit.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • While this may seem a good idea at first glance, this isn't necessarily the case. If you figure if you have even a ping spike for a second, even in a great network area, and you get kicked out of a ranked game you're doing great at, thats gonna be pretty annoying. Thats not to say it can never happen, but personally I wouldn't want to see it.
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6883638]While this may seem a good idea at first glance, this isn't necessarily the case. If you figure if you have even a ping spike for a second, even in a great network area, and you get kicked out of a ranked game you're doing great at, thats gonna be pretty annoying. Thats not to say it can never happen, but personally I wouldn't want to see it.[/QUOTE]

Yet CFES supposedly has a ping cap for their servers, oh btw why do they get better weapons and better GP guns? I've seen it 1st hand......and americans can't play it yet the servers are based in MIami, Florida 0.o
  • DrGrnThumb wrote: »

Yet CFES supposedly has a ping cap for their servers, oh btw why do they get better weapons and better GP guns? I've seen it 1st hand......and americans can't play it yet the servers are based in MIami, Florida 0.o

All versions will not always get the same things, unfortunately. Each version is tailored to the userbase for that particular region, and this includes things such as ping caps. I personally am not aware of any ping cap the CFES has, but I will note that CFES is all mostly from one particular region while CF West has players from literally every region on the planet. This makes it very hard to set a reasonable ping cap for our version.

Speaking to specific weapons though, if you have a suggestion for that you can always post it here in this forum :)
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6884188]

All versions will not always get the same things, unfortunately. Each version is tailored to the userbase for that particular region, and this includes things such as ping caps. I personally am not aware of any ping cap the CFES has, but I will note that CFES is all mostly from one particular region while CF West has players from literally every region on the planet. This makes it very hard to set a reasonable ping cap for our version.

Speaking to specific weapons though, if you have a suggestion for that you can always post it here in this forum :)[/QUOTE] ES has GP Cop pistol, Raging bull, AK12, but why can't American play CFES while Canadians can? Servers are based in Miami, Florida:confused:
  • But seriously CF needs to do something about the lag in NA servers. The last week has been horrible. Laggers teleporting across the screen game freezes and it's not my computer, my clan has been having the same issues.
  • DrGrnThumb wrote: »
    ES has GP Cop pistol, Raging bull, AK12, but why can't American play CFES while Canadians can? Servers are based in Miami, Florida:confused:
    I wasn't aware that Canadians can play CFES, but keep in mind that the GM team for CFES is indeed located here in Canada. If you have more questions about their version though, its probably better redirected at their forums so they can explain better.

As for lag and freezes, its something we are checking into, as a few people now have mentioned the same.
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Kanadian;n6884371]
    I wasn't aware that Canadians can play CFES, but keep in mind that the GM team for CFES is indeed located here in Canada. If you have more questions about their version though, its probably better redirected at their forums so they can explain better.

As for lag and freezes, its something we are checking into, as a few people now have mentioned the same.[/QUOTE]

ok thank you GM Kanadian
  • Waiwio wrote: »
    There is an item in CF Espanol which has a ping limiter for rooms. They could implement that here.

It would be great if they did it
  • If we can not have a server with a ping limet then how about a room option, set at like 100 as the minimum ping, seen a lot of people with under that consistently?