Quality of life suggestions

I want to suggest some rather small quality of life updates that would really make a big difference IMO. We all know this game has a few years on its neck and I'm pretty sure no one demands 4k graphics and we can all live with it being a little rough in the edges. However when this is the case, the small things, specifically the client and game servers are much more important.

I recently tried to get my friends who played with me years ago to redownload the game again since the IP restriction thing now is gone. And here are some things that really put them off that I think do not require a lot of effort to fix or improve. Not only would the new players appriciate this but we existing ones have been asking for some of this for a long time, so I figured I might as well make a thread.

1. Make the controll settings tab save your loadout. I, who do not run an english keyboard have to change these setting every time I log in and every time I change server as well, since they then reset. This makes it so that I cannot walk or jump until I change it in my settings. This is particularly annoying when playing ranked matches. Also with the addition of european alphabet letters being allowed in the game chat. Please also make us able to change the X-axis and Y-axis mouse sensetivity, small change, big impact.

[img][/img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2654129b44.png

2. Add some more crosshairs and please, PLEASE allow us to make the crosshair STATIC with a check box in the options menu. This is also a rather small change but makes a lot of difference and makes the game feel more customisable.

[img][/img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ee2c591f61.png

3. Finally the lobby could really need some love. Please make the lobby resolution higher than 800x600. The lobby being at this low resolution messes up the mouse cursor speed and draws you away from playing in fullscreen. Also this messes up people who open the game for the first or after a reinstallation. Having an instant turn off like this is not a good experience for eventual new and returning players. I would also like to suggest fixing the Alt+tab issue that makes it so that we cannot alt tab. And also please add the option to run the game in borderless window mode.

[img][/img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...bfc9bccd25.png

These things combined would really make a big impact and would not really be too hard to impove. Quality of life changes that goes a long way and makes players feel appriciated. I left out things such as improved servers etc, since they are more complex and not easily tended to such as these things listed above. Please tell me what you think and if you have anything to add to it, please do! Thanks for reading!

Comments

• 1st suggestion: Completely agree. Since I use PT keyboard layout, my space bar never works unless I change every single server change. It makes it tiring to change it every single time.

2nd suggestion: For me I welcome crosshair personalization. As much as the current crosshairs are enough to make us happy with the game, more changes to it would be great

3rd suggestion: The current client resolution is 1024x768 after the CF 2.0 pass. Before that, CF used to work windowed mode in lobbies and rooms, and full screen in-game directly. I personally loved this settings because I wouldn't be forced to be full screen in rooms and lobbies to have full-screen in-game. Alt+Tabbing should also make it work so CF doesn't stay at the top every single time you are in-game. If you have something that is opened below CF, you are screwed.

+1 for all suggestions