"Failed to connect the server"

idk if this has been happening to anyone else but since yesterday 08/01/2019 i cant go ig with this message every time im about to type my pw, kaboom..

Comments

• First do some usual check avaible on your side :

1. Close any programms running on background
    3. Check internet connection speed (run a test on speedtest.net - select a server from Toronto and second test using a server from Germany , see what is your download/upload speed and latency)
    3. Check if Cross Fire game location is added to antivirus and firewall exceptions list.
    4. Start game as administrator and compatibility mode for Windows 7

everything has been working fine untill yesterday, impossible to be anything about my internet or else, anything works greatly so, i tried installing it again lets see
  • I think whatever causes it also causes the "moved to lobby for being idle" even though you are playing.
  • I literaly cant play cf cuz of that error too ... cmon bro
  • You must shut down the programs on the computer and modify the game settings as well
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"center","data-size":"full","height":"480","width":"480","caption":"Caption","src":"https:\/\/media.giphy.com\/media\/8L187PhygDDidfXHt4\/giphy.gif"}[/IMG2]
  • Stars9 wrote: »
    You must shut down the programs on the computer and modify the game settings as well
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"center","data-size":"full","height":"480","width":"480","caption":"Caption","src":"https:\/\/media.giphy.com\/media\/8L187PhygDDidfXHt4\/giphy.gif"}[/IMG2]

wrong, anything has been working fine until now, i aint changing it tbh, game's fault not mine, my internet, pc whatever.. thx either way

3. Check internet connection speed (run a test on speedtest.net - select a server from Toronto and second test using a server from Germany , see what is your download/upload speed and latency)
    3. Check if Cross Fire game location is added to antivirus and firewall exceptions list.

0kgLp5W.png
  • Tried anything possible and imaginary, everything I could possibly do, and still..
  • OH ... Clearly something on yout PC is blocking the connection to CF West servers

If is not your firewall that block the connection .... then seems like you was installed on your PC an illegal version of CF - those illegal version "adjust" your PC setting in order to NEVER be able to connect to any legal version of this game.

Usual fix in that case: Go to ... Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ etc \ - here you should delete the file named hosts and restart PC .

See this older topic:
    http://forum.z8games.com/forum/crossfire/crossfire-support/6863362-i-want-to-ask-about-pharaohcf

will do that, but i highly doubt its that cuz i always downloaded CF from the z8 forum which is the legal version, furthermore few days back, it allowed me to get in the game but then i went on uk3 and it worked fine, when i tried going on uk4 it just said "connecting to server step 2" and freeze me there forcing me to crash, but i will try what you said.. this is weird cuz it was working fine, all of a sudden from a day to another this happens idk why tbh
  • Lordi let me know if that works cuz i installed cf 8 times now
  • I have had trouble getting the game to start also, but i don't get any notice. Sometimes it stops at Step 3 of loading and then just shuts down. I downloaded my Crossfire version from Z8 so it's the vanilla version. Don't have any programs running in the background except for Mediaplayer (For music or audiobook while playing) and Snapper (to be able to take Screenshots and auto save them in a folder) and AVG antivirus (Which have CF in exceptions, firewall does too). Tried shutting down everything, setting AVG to off mode, as i believed that was causing it. The problem doesn't go away completly, but after setting AVG to off, it happens more rarely. I usually try again after it shuts down, and then it works. It only started to happen since last Patch.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    I have had trouble getting the game to start also, but i don't get any notice. Sometimes it stops at Step 3 of loading and then just shuts down. I downloaded my Crossfire version from Z8 so it's the vanilla version. Don't have any programs running in the background except for Mediaplayer (For music or audiobook while playing) and Snapper (to be able to take Screenshots and auto save them in a folder) and AVG antivirus (Which have CF in exceptions, firewall does too). Tried shutting down everything, setting AVG to off mode, as i believed that was causing it. The problem doesn't go away completly, but after setting AVG to off, it happens more rarely. I usually try again after it shuts down, and then it works. It only started to happen since last Patch.

same, i tried anything possible, but still doesnt work. for 2 days i go to coffee, dinner out, as its weekend, left router and pc turned off for 2h + and nothing.

• If nothing block your game internet connection on your side ( including router setting OR sometime even the internet provider ) - THEN must be something on servers firewall - you need to send a support center ticket describing your issue - so they can check is something on server side block your IP and fix-it

i already did, im waiting for a reply now, i add cf to firewall exceptions list.

You have to be nominated for a supervisor. You know a lot and you love helping others solve their problems;)
  • IGN_Galaxy wrote: »

You have to be nominated for a supervisor. You know a lot and you love helping others solve their problems;)

i vote in favor of that.
  • idk if this has been happening to anyone else but since yesterday 08/01/2019 i cant go ig with this message every time im about to type my pw, kaboom..

Hello i posted a fix that worked for me at the moment but this is what i did:

I dont know who still may have this issue or running into the problem BUT!!!! I had run into the "Failed to connect to the server" at the login screen countless times and i live in NY HOWEVER, after doing the original support guide listed on page 1 specifically for me opening the ports listed on your firewall I then factory reset my router (i suggest looking up how to do so with the router you have as it may be different).

I WILL SAY THIS! DONT FACTORY RESET YOUR ROUTER IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT WILL DO OR IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SET IT BACK UP BECAUSE IT WILL EARSE YOUR WIFI AND LOSE CONNECTION UNTIL SET BACK UP!

After setting the router back up and rebooting my computer, I was able to login like normal and load the website.