Suggestion to Improve CrossFire

1) Add the possibility to use 4K resolution to allow all players to play with native resolution of the monitor (now 1920x1080 FHD is the max, play fhd on 4k is not so good);
2) Add VSync, so we can fix framerate to 60. With VSync the gpu will not works always 100% to give you 200fps (max fps for cf) and there will was less possibility to get drop fps once every minute;
3) Improve the 2007 graphic of the game, this graphic is so huge to load sometimes.

Comments

• for 60hz monitor vsync is good.
    It's useless to use 200 fps
  • InterCF wrote: »
    for 60hz monitor vsync is good.
    It's useless to use 200 fps

That's not true.. Limiting it to 60FPS with vsync might reduce tearing, in terms of responsiveness more FPS is always better.
    Just think about it like this, your monitor refreshes 60 times a second, if you got 60 FPS that means there's a new frame rendered every 16.6ms. That means in the worst case there's a delay of 16.6ms between your input and the output of your monitor.
    If you're running 200FPS that means there's a new frame rendered every 5ms, which makes the biggest possible delay between your input and your monitors output 5ms. Might not sound like a big deal, but you can try it for yourself, limiting the fps to 60 with a 3rd party programm doesn't feel as smooth as just letting the game run at it's max.
    And vsync generally adds tons of input lag and is a bad option for any """competitive""" 1st person shooter.
    most people do not play on 4k, vsync is actually bad for most people ^^
  • Frmtkk wrote: »

While vsync is stupid for games like cf, why be against higher resolutions? Don't know if still possible, but you used to be able to set higher resolutions with some txt file, shouldn't be too hard for the devs to give us more options.
  • Removing the FPS limit would be cool because then I could use my 240hz monitor
  • W1NKLER wrote: »
    Removing the FPS limit would be cool because then I could use my 240hz monitor

They probably set it because the higher your fps the slower you climb ladders. Just capping the fps is the easiest, laziest solution to the problem. There used to be not limit at all until a few years ago.
  • Frmtkk wrote: »

I need 4K resolution because I have 4K monitor. Actually I'm playing in a out of focus full hd.
    Vsync is not obligatory to use, I need it, cause it is the only way to fix my fps drop.
    there are 2 solutions: improve the graphic, or add the vsync.
    I don't know if you like to play with drop fps, I don't like to get it
  • InterCF wrote: »

I need 4K resolution because I have 4K monitor. Actually I'm playing in a out of focus full hd.
    Vsync is not obligatory to use, I need it, cause it is the only way to fix my fps drop.
    there are 2 solutions: improve the graphic, or add the vsync.
    I don't know if you like to play with drop fps, I don't like to get it

Then use something like Rivatuner to just cap your fps manually, Vsync adds so much input lag it's really the worst solution to your problem. But if you're already struggling with FPS at 1080p, why on earth do you got a 4K monitor? There's probably no modern game that runs smoothly at that resolution for you if you can't even run CF smoothly in FHD.
  • xVerm wrote: »

Then use something like Rivatuner to just cap your fps manually, Vsync adds so much input lag it's really the worst solution to your problem. But if you're already struggling with FPS at 1080p, why on earth do you got a 4K monitor? There's probably no modern game that runs smoothly at that resolution for you if you can't even run CF smoothly in FHD.

I play BattleField 1 in 4K on high, 60fps without drops.
    I play Rocket League in 4K on ultra, 100 fps without drops.
    I play Fortnite in 4K on normal-high 60-80fps without drops.
    I get drop fps playing crossfire on fhd, yeah, the problem is in my pc...