Include MM in ranked series VIII

Mutation Mode should be included in the next ranked series, this is the current ranked series event in which is clearly mentioned that Mutation Mode isn't included:
http://forum.z8games.com/forum/cross...d-series-vii-v

Due to the low activity in this mode I find it necessary it's implemented in the next version of this event.

Though some might argue Mutation Mode isn't skill based and thereby shouldn't be in the ranked series, I beg the differ. Some weapons might give advantage in this mode but that doesn't make it any different from S&D, TDM or knives.

ps. I'm not making this thread just because I'm in the top 50 in MM ranked, I just want it to be active again.

Comments

• +1 would very much to have more active people, so one can keep on playing MM ranked. First stuck on first platinum, because of no players. Then demoted to gold 6, because of inactivity. Had to start playing S&D ranked mid season, to be able to win the revolver (Which i am not super good at) and that mode is filled to the brim with hackers.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    +1 would very much to have more active people, so one can keep on playing MM ranked. First stuck on first platinum, because of no players. Then demoted to gold 6, because of inactivity. Had to start playing S&D ranked mid season, to be able to win the revolver (Which i am not super good at) and that mode is filled to the brim with hackers.

Man that sucks, something needs to be done! You don't first create a ranked mode to than neglect it lol
  • I will agree only if it's balanced.
    I mean how can you rank a player who didn't became mutant not even once vs a player who became at least 5 times in a row mutant.
    Obviously the difference in score is big and it's not about skills.... :/
    It would be fine tho if every player became 1 time mutant or something like this.
    At this current state it's unfair in any way.:)
  • nickxab1 wrote: »
    I will agree only if it's balanced.
    I mean how can you rank a player who didn't became mutant not even once vs a player who became at least 5 times in a row mutant.
    Obviously the difference in score is big and it's not about skills.... :/
    It would be fine tho if every player became 1 time mutant or something like this.
    At this current state it's unfair in any way.:)

I agree it sucks to get mutant a lot of times in a game but it's the GM's task to balance this, not ours. Why would we, as HMX ranked players, be punished for this by not getting included in this event?
  • Yeah, but the rate of turning mutant at start will go up if you didn't become one the last match, so that equalizes it self out. And not about skills, try playing against people who are used to play mutant mode and then against noobs and try to tell me there is no diffrence. The skills for mutant lie in being able to:
    1.Knowing the layout of the map and using it to your advantage. (Same for all play modes i guess)
    2.Knowing how to effectivly use your weapon (Again, same for other game modes)
    3.Being able to hit the mutants while avoiding being hit by the mutant army, by jumping, running, dodging and outsmarting your enemy. (In reverse if you're a mutant) Effectively doing parkour, while trying to hit your enemy with as many bullets as you can, and if your're fast enough kill them with melee. Compared to TDs run, gun and die approach. Or S&D's Teamwork (Which most don't have), sneak and good aim approach, were one expert player can do the work of the whole team.

Saying there is no skills involved in MM (Or any mode for that mather) is just stupid.
    That said, im not claiming to be a MM expert player, but i've played it alot and atleast consider my self fairly skilled.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Well I just heard HMX is considered a event mode in ranked currently and that it might be added to the ranked series event in the future. Such a waste.
  • I would agree because that is how top 100 people will get excited to play HMX. Right now it's technically a ghost town. +1