Reset your Rank / Prestige

Hello guys,

so basically the idea is to copy the Prestige system of Call of Duty, but with a little twist. Once you reach Marshall you can either go for Grand Marshall or directly reset your account to get a little reward. You then start as a Trainee again and can rank up again and again. With each time you reset your account you get a better reward.

This would be my kind of reward list:
First reset: 1 Crate Ticket
Second Reset: 2 Crate Tickets
amd so on. For special Resets:

10 Reset: Permanent namecard
20 Reset: Permanent spray
30 Reset: Permanent Nade
40 Reset: Permanent Knife
50 Reset: Permanent Primary Weapon

Maybe this is possible because I would love to rank up from Trainee again without creating a new account every time.

Comments

• Though I probably wouldn't do it, it's a cool suggestion! +1.
  • +1, it feels good idea.... since right now most last rank doesnt know to do in the games..... most of them log only in untill a new event or new content.
  • +1, But 1 crate ticket for reset from Marshall? I maby would do it for 200-300 tickets.
    JackPain (Sweden)
    I don't think its a good idea cause ranking up from smiley to marshal toke me around 8 years by playing normal not farming for it.
    true that vip's can help but still I think this system is just gonna push people back to make XP farming rooms as it was back then cause grinding this much of XP takes a very long time to gather so not a fan of the idea and that's my opinion.
  • mouath wrote: »
    I don't think its a good idea cause ranking up from smiley to marshal toke me around 8 years by playing normal not farming for it.
    true that vip's can help but still I think this system is just gonna push people back to make XP farming rooms as it was back then cause grinding this much of XP takes a very long time to gather so not a fan of the idea and that's my opinion.

Fair point, this could easily be the case.

I do get your point, but I do think it shall not be a "must do", but a "can do". You do not have to reset your rank if you do not want to. But I just recently came to Marshall after 6 years on my account and BAM, I want to start over and not relax on my rank.
    Plus how cool would it look like to have a special "Prestige" namecard (with the number of resets shown)?
    Imagine sitting in a room and a Colonel comes in to the room flaming your low rank and you just shut him down with your 4 times reset namecard :D
  • +1, why not

It would encourage EXP farming, but rank really doesn't mean anything anyways lol
  • I'm going to give this a -0.5 because while it's a neat idea the prospect of farmers ramming through it in like a week vs real players perhaps never getting to the chance of a permanent weapon makes it kinda eww to me.

Like I don't want to have to use my VIPs all the time when i play and have every bag stacked with my VIPs to hope i can prestige 50x before the game comes to it's inevitable shut down. So perhaps with some adjustments to the amount or prestige counts it takes to earn goodies and also putting in a rule that makes EXP farming a temporary ban of at least 15 days along with a complete reset to just regular trainee where you lose all of your prestige AND your right to the permanent rewards for the different levels of prestige removed....then i'm not for it. But even then locked rooms are ugly because that's where a lot of that exp farming happens anyways so unless someone on the inside decides to give up their pals....that rule won't get enacted as often as it should and farmers will still just come away with free weapons that legit players never will.....

Cause while rank doesn't mean anything....it will mean a free permanent weapon if this were to get implemented and we shouldn't encourage farming. So there will need to be something in place to discourage it if real rewards are tagged onto the currently meaningless level rank system.
  • -1 The farmers are going to be the ones who are getting the free weapons lol. Don't like the idea of letting farmers getting free items..
  • Ixith wrote: »
    I'm going to give this a -0.5 because while it's a neat idea the prospect of farmers ramming through it in like a week vs real players perhaps never getting to the chance of a permanent weapon makes it kinda eww to me.

Like I don't want to have to use my VIPs all the time when i play and have every bag stacked with my VIPs to hope i can prestige 50x before the game comes to it's inevitable shut down. So perhaps with some adjustments to the amount or prestige counts it takes to earn goodies and also putting in a rule that makes EXP farming a temporary ban of at least 15 days along with a complete reset to just regular trainee where you lose all of your prestige AND your right to the permanent rewards for the different levels of prestige removed....then i'm not for it. But even then locked rooms are ugly because that's where a lot of that exp farming happens anyways so unless someone on the inside decides to give up their pals....that rule won't get enacted as often as it should and farmers will still just come away with free weapons that legit players never will.....

Cause while rank doesn't mean anything....it will mean a free permanent weapon if this were to get implemented and we shouldn't encourage farming. So there will need to be something in place to discourage it if real rewards are tagged onto the currently meaningless level rank system.

the rewards can sure differ, i do not mind that. I personally just want to rank up again and play for countless hours to get marshall again. But you know you kind of have to offer a reward so people do it.

yidongfang wrote: »
    -1 The farmers are going to be the ones who are getting the free weapons lol. Don't like the idea of letting farmers getting free items..

What about the farmers in ranked? There are hundreds of people farming in ranked to get those weapons :D
    And maybe it is just a normal knife or a Winchester with skin? Doesn't have to be an AK or M4 or anything that gets played a lot.
  • Frmtkk wrote: »
    What about the farmers in ranked? There are hundreds of people farming in ranked to get those weapons :D.

if they are in fact trying to farm ranked. IE: sitting idle throughout the match, trying to time it with groups and then farming the match for certain people, joining with a hacker to help them. All those things are reportable if you have the ability to prove it in support tickets. Sure some of them get by and manage. but they are risking getting, at the very least, banned from the ranked match system if not worse.

So in other words....in one area it's punishable where as currently EXP Farm rooms, while frowned upon, aren't exactly illegal unless the people in them are using 3rd party apps and running scripts to make their farming possible.
  • Ixith wrote: »

if they are in fact trying to farm ranked. IE: sitting idle throughout the match, trying to time it with groups and then farming the match for certain people, joining with a hacker to help them. All those things are reportable if you have the ability to prove it in support tickets. Sure some of them get by and manage. but they are risking getting, at the very least, banned from the ranked match system if not worse.

So in other words....in one area it's punishable where as currently EXP Farm rooms, while frowned upon, aren't exactly illegal unless the people in them are using 3rd party apps and running scripts to make their farming possible.

know but do you really care about those farmers who just sit in their farm room all day? they dont brag public with their new gun, they just farm more.

know but do you really care about those farmers who just sit in their farm room all day? they dont brag public with their new gun, they just farm more.

I think, even though they might not even brag with it, if I see someone use the gun of the last prestige I'd probably be jealous anyways lol.
  • je good idea.
    buy 20 vip
    join IDK?
    become marshall in 2 weeks
    reset and earn free crate tickets.
    go farm 2 weeks
    reset....
    would be a great new hobby for certain people who do vip farm 24/7

I do get your point, but I do think it shall not be a "must do", but a "can do". You do not have to reset your rank if you do not want to. But I just recently came to Marshall after 6 years on my account and BAM, I want to start over and not relax on my rank.
    Plus how cool would it look like to have a special "Prestige" namecard (with the number of resets shown)?
    Imagine sitting in a room and a Colonel comes in to the room flaming your low rank and you just shut him down with your 4 times reset namecard :D

I do get your point but it is still gonna be super hard and frustrating to normal players and trust me not everyone is willing to spened another 6+ years to gain marshal (again) and just reset it also i can really see alot of closed farming rooms just for the ranks and the weapons so still a -1 from me dont hate me but this is my opinion :)

I do get your point but it is still gonna be super hard and frustrating to normal players and trust me not everyone is willing to spened another 6+ years to gain marshal (again) and just reset it also i can really see alot of closed farming rooms just for the ranks and the weapons so still a -1 from me dont hate me but this is my opinion :)

no hate at all! i love to geed feedback!
    But as long as it is not mandatory players can still chill on their achieved rank.
    And with all the VIPs and EXP Events it doesnt take you 6 years :D