Remove the demotion system from ranked

Today I opened my mutation mode ranked screen and found out I lost 200 points due to being inactive for 7 days in ranked. Most of the time I was gone on vacation and the time I was active on CF I couldn't find a single HMX ranked game. I was doomed to get demoted.

But why is this demotion system in place anyways? I think it's pretty unfair that players have played hours and hours to get a certain rank to than get a big bite taken out of it because of being inactive.

I thereby suggest this system to be removed since I don't think it has any added value to the ranked system itself.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Comments

• +10.000 for this. Would be nice to not lose ranked points for error too or because some idiot uses hacks and kills everybody in your team so you don't have a chance to win. As long as this is the case, i can't understand why you should be able to loose points in ranked.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Losing points in ranked i can understand (hackers is a shame but otherwise all people would only get higher levels).

The demotion system hit me today too costing me a lot of points only because HMX ranked is dead at the times i play (i got a job and only have like 4hours in the evening and you know timezones)
  • Losing points in ranked i can understand (hackers is a shame but otherwise all people would only get higher levels).

The demotion system hit me today too costing me a lot of points only because HMX ranked is dead at the times i play (i got a job and only have like 4hours in the evening and you know timezones)

I think i would prefer to have the ranked levels at higher points (Maby double what they are now) and not losing any points. I think it would equalize it self in the end. = no more players at higher ranked levels than now, because you still have to play those matches and do good to get the points. You will still be judged on skill.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • -1 demoting system is there for a reason and i mean if you are diamond and demote to gold you shouldnt have much of an issue getting back right :) ? (theres a decay system in almost every game atm.. league of legends ect..)
  • Could you explain for what reason exactly it's there for?
  • Ayy, Losing points due to being inactive is so weird thingy tbh, That system should be turned off. But yea when you lose in ranked match there should be demotion, Or you will see bots playing with you when you're diamond or something.
  • Also, pretty sure CFEU never had it's demotion added. I was Platinum all season long and I haven't played ranked for 3 months and still got Platinum rewards. Demotion is only useful for played game modes, but modes like TDM or HMX is kinda unfair.
    +1
  • Waiwio wrote: »
    Also, pretty sure CFEU never had it's demotion added. I was Platinum all season long and I haven't played ranked for 3 months and still got Platinum rewards. Demotion is only useful for played game modes, but modes like TDM or HMX is kinda unfair.
    +1

Wasn't that a bug? I remember people not opening the ranked screen thinking their rank wouldn't update but it eventually still updating at the end of the season.
  • Utmost wrote: »

Wasn't that a bug? I remember people not opening the ranked screen thinking their rank wouldn't update but it eventually still updating at the end of the season.

That was during SG Europe's reign ^^ They did told us the demotion system being applied, and I always opened the Ranked Mode page every day. Yet, I have never been demoted from being Platinum. I think it was Season 4, not Season 3.
  • -1 demoting system is there for a reason and i mean if you are diamond and demote to gold you shouldnt have much of an issue getting back right :) ? (theres a decay system in almost every game atm.. league of legends ect..)

it's very hard, if there is no one playing HMX ranked, you can't rise back up through the ranks.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Waiwio wrote: »

That was during SG Europe's reign ^^ They did told us the demotion system being applied, and I always opened the Ranked Mode page every day. Yet, I have never been demoted from being Platinum. I think it was Season 4, not Season 3.

Well that's weird.. You should've been demoted after 14 days on platinum if I'm correct