About HMX Supply Boxes

I think it's about time we change how supply drops in Mutation modes work.

Back in the day, when there was only Mutation mode supply crates made more sense. You could get ammo or a powerful weapon to help you fend off mutants more easily. Machine guns and the like were hard to obtain when the game first started.

However, times have changed. There are lots of weapons that people use that are far superior to the supply drops that are provided, and they are much easier to obtain than in the past. Rather, the supply boxes prove to be more a hindrance than help.

The way that Mutation games are played have also changed. Picking up a supply crate is easy in Mutation mode, since you can push back mutants while you make your way to the crate. This is not the case for HMX, the most played version of Mutation. Immediately switching to a new weapon is very disruptive. If you are shooting at mutants while running away, and you suddenly pick up a heavy machine gun, not only do you slow down but you lose a few seconds to switching to this weapon. Usually that means that the mutants would get you. I have had too many times where I pick up a gatling gun while running away from mutants.

Supply crates are also bad when you are standing near their spawn point. When they do spawn on you, it can take a few seconds for you to look for your weapon and try to pick it back up. That's when "gun stealers" try to take your weapon. They are very annoying. They follow you around and spam crouch in hopes of trading with you, and they wait for when you accidentally walk into a supply crate to take your gun. Or if you are in a good, fortified position and suddenly a supply crate drops on top of you and you throw your gun to the ground, where the mutants are waiting. There is simply no place for the supply crate as it stands now in the current version of the game.

So I want to make two possible suggestions to fix this problem:

1: Supply crates refill ammo only

2: Supply crates should tell you what is inside it, and you can decide whether you want it or not by pressing a key