HMX Ranked mutants system.

I've suffered a lot in ranked for becoming mutant 7,8 times per game. I know it's randomized but sometimes there's something wrong with it.. I mean being mutant for 8 rounds in a single game? and everyone is using OP weapons? There's no way you can survive that, it's definitely a loss. That's why I have an idea in mind that might improve HMX ranked if it gets applied.

Prevent the last 3 of the 12 from becoming mutants, that will give them a chance to get points when they're low instead of becoming mutants which will make it more fair. For the other 9 I have 2 ideas in mind.

1. Make it in order. Round 1 (1st player and 2nd player become mutants), Round 2 (3rd player and 4th player).. and so on.
2. Make it randomized but add more chance of becoming mutant to the top people, for an example.. (top 3 get 50% chance), (4th + 5th + 6th get 30%), (7th + 8th + 9th get 20%).

Hope you consider this by any chance cause hmx ranked isn't fun anymore, and many people gave up on it.

Comments

• People actually play ranked?

How come?

Get such a headache for 4-5 months for just a grenade?
  • e33ffws23 wrote: »
    People actually play ranked?

How come?

Get such a headache for 4-5 months for just a grenade?

If you get 250 victories you get a weapon, it's a ragging bull this season. Now you can also get honour points which gives you M4A1 - Eternal Dragon noble silver if you collect 5k of them. Yet if you get master rank or top 100 you get a permanent champion weapon of your choice in additional to a nade and a special namecard.
  • From what I know there is a system that decides how much times you get mutant: if you played 1 game and got mutant 0 times, you'll get mutant frequently in a second game.

It sucks getting mutant often but that's life, it doesn't bother me that much to actually have it changed.

The system you suggest doesn't actually randomize it anymore, people could predict who becomes mutant, so -1.

ps. Playing ranked is very much worth it, the rewards are amazing.
  • Utmost wrote: »
    From what I know there is a system that decides how much times you get mutant: if you played 1 game and got mutant 0 times, you'll get mutant frequently in a second game.

It sucks getting mutant often but that's life, it doesn't bother me that much to actually have it changed.

The system you suggest doesn't actually randomize it anymore, people could predict who becomes mutant, so -1.

ps. Playing ranked is very much worth it, the rewards are amazing.

"From what I know there is a system that decides how much times you get mutant: if you played 1 game and got mutant 0 times, you'll get mutant frequently in a second game."

From where did you get this info? It doesn't seem to be true at all. Sometimes I'm always mutant in all the games I play.
  • Well that's my experience, you'd need a actual GM to give you confirmation.