Crateception [Suggested Event]

Okay....so wrap your minds around this....

A crate....that has a crate inside of it. Now...what if I told you that the crate it has inside of it....is the same kind of crate? You're probably thinking....why? and that'd be a good question....so here it is....

Crateception Event:
At the start of the Event every player is given 10 of these crates. Players can either choose to spin their crates or not spin them. At the end of the event their total crate count of this crate gets converted into some other crate chosen by the GMs. (perhaps something that is recently released at the time.)

So the idea is....do you gamble for a chance at more crates? or do you leave it be and just get 10 of those crates?

The win rate for the Crate inside of the Crate shouldn't be rare but it shouldn't be super common either. Pretty much you should have the chance at getting 2 of them within a spin as well but also have a good chance at getting none. It should be set up so that you have about a 33% chance of getting 0, 33% chance of getting 1, and a 33% chance of getting 2. This means you have equal chances at either losing a crate, staying with your current number, or gaining one.

Perhaps other rewards could go to the top 10 people who spin the most crates and something else extra for those who held off from spinning at all. Rewarding both luck/daring and patience.

Now these crates should probably be set up as GP crates though as lucky individuals could be spinning enough crates to get Free Crate tickets AND if they weren't set up as Free crate tickets people could potentially abuse the Max Luck mechanism to give them x2 of the Crate reward option by spinning lesser other crates until they hit max luck and only spinning these crates on max luck.

Perhaps this is considered too much like 'gambling' to be an event even more so than having an event to complete a collection that you have to spin for and get lucky.... But I think it could be interesting and something different to do.

Comments

• I am confused.

Can you give some players examples. This user got this and did this and now they will receive this
  • [QUOTE=[GM]Grumpy;n6870428]I am confused.

Can you give some players examples. This user got this and did this and now they will receive this[/QUOTE]

First off....
    Hi confused.....
    i'm Zalstis!

but moving on...
    So here's my Example.

Let's call this crate Grumperoni Crate

At start of event all players get 10 Grumperoni Crates.

-Player Kanadian being reasonable and not wanting to take a risk decides not to spin his 10 Grumperoni Crates. At the end of the event these 10 Grumperoni crates get turned into 10 Ares A crates but due to patience and carefulness is rewarded an extra 10 Ares B crates.

-Player Zalstis, being the black market addict i am, decides to spin these crates. Being relatively lucky in the BM generally, Player Zalstis wins 16 Grumperoni crates from the winnings in his 10 Grumperoni crates. Deciding to continue to see if his luck keeps going he then spins those 16 Grumperoni crates and ends up with only 7 Grumperoni crates due to a bad luck spree. Addiction to spinning kicks in and despite better judgement spins those 7 Grumperoni crates and ends up with 11 Grumperoni crates from the winnings. Finally decides not to tempt fate anymore and stops spinning. At the end of the event his 11 Grumperoni crates in inventory gets turned into 11 Ares A crates. Having had a fair bit of luck and being in the top 10 for most Grumperoni Crates spun Player Zalstis is rewarded for his risk taking and is given 10 Rebel Cause Crates.

-Player Pasta also wants to risk her luck on the black market. Spins her 10 Grumperoni Crates but only wins 4 Grumperoni crates from those spins. She spins those 4 Grumperoni crates and only wins 1 Grumperoni crate. But decides to not spin it. Her 1 Grumperoni crates gets turned into 1 Ares A crate at the end of the event and due to her having less than 5 Grumperoni crates at event end she is given 10 GM crates as a consolation prize.

-Player Katfish wants to be better than Player Pasta so spins his Grumperoni Crates. He spins all 10 of his starting Grumperoni crate but doesn't win any new ones. He has 0 Grumperoni crates at events end so doesnt receive any Ares A crate but is given 10 GM crates as a consolation prize. But has to sulk in sadness for not besting Pasta.

**I am adding a consolation prize idea for those that end up with less than 5 Grumperoni crates because the event is suppose to be fun and otherwise people might rage a lot more about their luck being bad and someone elses luck being good.

Does that clear things up at all?
  • So.... it's just a lottery but you enter with crates and has a chance to win more crates
  • Lol, I like the general concept, but i am just picturing how are we going to explain this event to people
  • I like this confusing idea.
    +1 for crumperoni crates!!
  • The idea is Confusing. Think again about it and Suggest it again.