How do I fix the error " Failed to load local version"

https://gyazo.com/0f4e52f921c4d4823be79e1fa213a314

I've tried installing Crossfire on my new computer, and I keep getting this error. I've tried uninstalling reinstalling, downloading another Crossfire folder and replacing mine with it, I've tried everything that was on youtube and google. I've looked in the bug section and it seems to be a pretty common error, but no responses yet on the threads that were made in there.

Comments

• I have the same issue. Their last patch broke the in-game sound so I removed everything including program files. Disabled the firewall and windows security. Tried re-installing 3 times. Each time:

crossfire patcher v14 Failed to load local version

So smashtime it is not due to someone cheating. It is due to z8games broken patch.
  • smashtime wrote: »
    stop ****ing cheating

Not even 2 Weeks registered Account but already have a big mouth here, ret**d
    I had to Reinstall Crossfire too because since the Ronin update i wasnt able to change my Resolution to 1400 and above (Before the Patch i used a Resolution over 1400x900) but since the Damn Ronin Patch i got the Error Message "Your Monitor doesnt support this Resolution" What is Suprising because i even got a Higher Desktop Resolution then Cf Allowed me after this Patch from 1200x800.....So i Reinstalled the Game and now i get the Damn same error Message "Failed to Load local version" its just sad Z8games youre doing 1 step forward and then 5 Backwards, after this Ronin Patch there was in Every Game at least 3 hackers again where was Walking Through Walls, you could make the Maps so Easy against wallhackers. against Walk through Walls and Shoot Through Walls. Just Take the "Error Wall" from under Downtown (Big red way Beyond under the Map, yes older Players knows that just need to look on YT there you can see it too.) Just take that wall and Place them under the normal Map "Parts or integrate it with the parts but so Close to the Map that when they wanna Walk Through the Map after the Half length of the Soldier it already hits the Wall, so they get everytime instant errors and cant use any of the hacks more.

Greetings BananaJoes

EDIT: UnDeath gave the Version files of Cf from his Installation, just Download it and Replace it with yours in your Folder http://forum.z8games.com/forum/crossfire/crossfire-support/6856412-failed-to-load-local-version
  • Quake444 wrote: »

Not even 2 Weeks registered Account but already have a big mouth here, ret**d
    I had to Reinstall Crossfire too because since the Ronin update i wasnt able to change my Resolution to 1400 and above (Before the Patch i used a Resolution over 1400x900) but since the Damn Ronin Patch i got the Error Message "Your Monitor doesnt support this Resolution" What is Suprising because i even got a Higher Desktop Resolution then Cf Allowed me after this Patch from 1200x800.....So i Reinstalled the Game and now i get the Damn same error Message "Failed to Load local version" its just sad Z8games youre doing 1 step forward and then 5 Backwards, after this Ronin Patch there was in Every Game at least 3 hackers again where was Walking Through Walls, you could make the Maps so Easy against wallhackers. against Walk through Walls and Shoot Through Walls. Just Take the "Error Wall" from under Downtown (Big red way Beyond under the Map, yes older Players knows that just need to look on YT there you can see it too.) Just take that wall and Place them under the normal Map "Parts or integrate it with the parts but so Close to the Map that when they wanna Walk Through the Map after the Half length of the Soldier it already hits the Wall, so they get everytime instant errors and cant use any of the hacks more.

Greetings BananaJoes

thanks for linking me the solution. you the real mvp
  • zedw0w wrote: »
    https://gyazo.com/0f4e52f921c4d4823be79e1fa213a314

I've tried installing Crossfire on my new computer, and I keep getting this error. I've tried uninstalling reinstalling, downloading another Crossfire folder and replacing mine with it, I've tried everything that was on youtube and google. I've looked in the bug section and it seems to be a pretty common error, but no responses yet on the threads that were made in there.

Its a sign telling you that this game is still sht and that you should've stayed retired.
  • zedw0w wrote: »

thanks for linking me the solution. you the real mvp

No Problem ;-D