Mutation Mode: Weapon Overview.

Not a lot of people have asked but a lot of the weapons used in Mutation Mode can be really risky. For that particular reason, I've decided to compile a small guide based on weapon usage and to show you which weapons can prove the best in Mutation Mode.

M4A1.jpg

Obviously, rifles are the first thing you are going to look at when playing this mode. However, they have big setbacks, and are probably the worst weapons you can play with in Mutation Mode. They are still capable of damaging enemies, but you'll need something better. Guns like the M4A1 have big pushback, and high rate of fire, but the ammo cost is VERY intense. Not even the ADV versions will do much good, as you will run out of ammo very quickly. This goes for all assault rifles.

Sub Machine Guns

MP5.jpg

These are probably (in my opinion) the best choice of weapons you can use. Some SMG's include the Kriss Super V, MP-5, and Chicago Typewriter (Thompson as you guys call it...). Not only is the ammo count high, but with the high rate of fire you can really do some damage. I found myself doing 500 damage in less than 15 seconds by spraying with an MP-5 in this mode. They are also very light, meaning you can almost run as fast as if you were running with a knife without having to switch.

Heavy Machine Guns

M60.jpg

Everybody says these weapons are the best to use. I'm not going to say they aren't, though. Heavy weapons with loads of ammo and power. With the release of Mutation Mode came the RPK, a slightly watered down version of the M60. It's lighter, allowing you to be more versatile, but carries slightly less ammo. These guns have MEGA recoil, spraying won't get you anywhere unless you are really close to a mutant, or you know how to control it. You should stick to using controlled burst with this guns, and DO NOT RELOAD if you are surrounded. Pull out a pistol or run for your life if you are out of ammo because it isn't worth the reload time unless you KNOW the zombies aren't aware of your location.

Side Arms and Pistols

Desert%20Eagle.jpg

This is more of a tip then what pistol to use. Pistols are pretty tough for being so small, they are capable of minor pushback, which make a big difference when you need to outrun a mutant. A Desert Eagle or Anaconda would be better in performing against mutants then an M9 or Colt 1911. I'd prefer an Anaconda because the headshots do REALLY do some damage, along with knocking your enemy senseless. But it's all your preference in this part. I suggest always using a pistol until the ammo runs out before switching to your primary.

Sniper Rifles

AWM.jpg

Last but not least, the least common of weapons in Mutation Mode. Sniper Rifles are high powered long ranged killing machines if you know how to use them. The strongest rifle is the AWM, able to pull off tons of damage while still keeping distance between you and the enemy, not to mention the pushback with said sniper. Right now, the AWM is the most powerful, but the Barrett 50 Cal. with dominate as the highest (and most sexiest looking) sniper rifle once it's released. It's able to pull off 500 damage in a headshot, and 200-300 damage with a bodyshot. This is one sniper rifle you will want to look out for later on. The setbacks with sniper rifles are the ammo capacity and weight, but overall it's good as long as you can use it.

Well, that's it for the guide. Hope you learned a bit about the weapons you can use, and hopefully you make a smart choice.

Comments