ShadowPlay Compatibility

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to stream Crossfire a long time ago, and hardware limitation has always been the problem.
Now the problem is shifted towards the software side after I got a laptop with i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1070. For now, the only software that I was able to get running to stream onto Facebook, YouTube Gaming and Twitch is through OBS Studio. Because I am inherently cheap and XSplit is very expensive, for a university student.

As of now Crossfire is incompatible with Nvidia ShadowPlay streaming services. Crossfire is not supported by ShadowPlay (but IS supported by Geforce Experience...... weird) therefore you cannot record and/or stream through the magical software of ShadowPlay.

There are multiple problems with OBS Studio, OBS Studio encodes through the CPU, putting extremely heavy load onto the processor. Since 7700HQ is not a powerful processor, OBS Studio often cuts my framerate by 2/3 (200 fps --> 75 fps, noticable stutter on a 120Hz panel). OBS Studio apparently does the same to a wide range of other games I stream as well, such as TitanFall2 and CSGO.

On the contrary, the magical property of ShadowPlay can stream and record with minimum frame lost (honestly, less than 15% in frame lost) is definitely exciting for streamers with Nvidia hardware, and that means I can stream Crossfire without trying to kill myself with stutters. But ShadowPlay does not support Crossfire.

Can I kindly ask Z8Games developer with work with Nvidia to allow ShadowPlay to support Crossfire? I personally feel that this might help to bolster the streaming community (which is tiny, currently).

I await your response with great anticipation, and recognize the difficulty that you might face (since the game is REALLY old), I remain hopeful.

Yours Truly,

Comments