In regards to Escape mode events, and farmers.

Firstly, I'm going to start this off by saying, I love playing escape mode, and seeing it included in events really makes my day, but the emphasis is on PLAYING here, I, like many others I assume, are running into the problem of every single escape mode room at any given time during these events are just farming rooms, where GR does nothing while BL rushes the portal and gets free escapes, and kicking everybody who doesnt immediately follow suit, which is beyond frustrating for somebody who doesnt believe in farming events, since it doesnt feel like I earned the reward myself that way.

So I propose a simple solution to cut down on farming escape events next time crossfire goals comes around, and promoting a not-toxic gamestate where people arent getting kicked from rooms simply for playing the game, and thats just changing the event goal from escapes to kills, like the rest of them. If it's kills, people will play the game like normal, and it doesnt punish people for choosing GR like the current system does. Because another problem is that people are so objective hungry during these events that nobody will willingly start on GR's side, since not only are they gimped by not being able to advance in the event while playing as GR, when it is their turn to get escapes, they have less signifigantly less time to do so than BL.

TLDR: Having the event goal for Escape mode be escapes promotes a toxic gamestate full of farmers and changing it to kills next time you run this event will magically make that disappear, and this might sound rude but yes, it is that easy

Comments

• for eg. I like FFA, SD, TD, so i did it by playing, elimination is not my favourite but did it by playing too,, ESCAPING 50 times is boring because if u play regular you could escape 3 or 4 times of 16 in 15 min game,,, so i farmed that and finished in 20 minutes :)
  • Everyone has a fav. mode, if its not esc. they just finish the task and go back. I think thats ok as long as its not harming normal playing players. Majority of those rooms have "farm" in their name or even pw protected. Joining there and expecting a normal play would be their own foult.
    True that it is easier for BL to win, but its not uncommon that GR achieves last escape with 1 sec left...
  • Unfortunately it is harming normal players, otherwise nobody wouldve made a post about it.
    And you're mistaken, the majority of them aren't labeled farming, they have the default room names like the rest of them, spare a few that just say "Event". The ones that arent PW protected typically just have people spamming "Farm" in the public chat in game, and in some instances people will join, say they want to farm, and turn the whole lobby on you, kicking you for continuing to play defense, and believe me, im not stupid enough to join a room thats clearly meant for farming and expect them to decide to stop just because I joined.

But thats not the point of the post. The point was that all the GMs would need to do the next time they run this event is change escapes to kills and people wont need to farm, and that removes the current, garbage, gamestate of getting random kicked from rooms simply because you want to play the game and they dont, and that also makes games easier to start on top of that because not everybody is trying to cram themselves into BL just so they can progress in the event. The point of events is to reward people for trying out different game modes, not existing there for 5-6 games without doing anything and then going back to New Egypt tdm until the next event comes out where they do the same thing
  • I do agree that it's annoying to see an escape room that's a public room and doesn't say anything about farming, get in game and start playing and then get kicked because they're all actually farming. It's annoying.

I fear that changing it to kills won't solve the farming aspect they'll still farm it. It will make public rooms potentially more likely to be actual competing/normal gameplay feel to them though. But really the only difference is that you can achieve the directive outside of just grabbing escapes. Which also bring us to the fact that escapes themselves add to your kill count and vary based on how many players are in the room. And with how some people fear having horrible KDR they'd probably still farm it by just doing escapes if those kills were to count.

Ultimately.....for events, and a lot of people would probably kill me for this, but i think Locked private rooms shouldn't count for event progress. This makes it so that event farming can be policed much easier as GMs and what not can join any public room and catch the farming but can't join the private rooms. While events like this, the farming isn't really hurtful to other players (some might try make the argument it helps us reach the community goals...) but in events where there's unlimited reward potential or is competitive for top like 10 spots....it'd be a great rule to make locked rooms not count.