2v2 Ghostmode February Tournament

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the 2v2 February Tournament.

So MOTG is around the corner and we want to host one more tournament before it. We will try out some other things compared to tournaments we've just had, to finally leave the few struggle that we still had in the last tournaments behind us and run a solid tournament without problems. One thing that we explicit want to mention in this introduction is, that this tournament will be will be player-hosted. Means, we will just create the rooms for you and leave then, you have to play your match on your own and report the result afterwards. So similar in some points to the last MOTG. We hope that this kind of tournament open some new chances and we have trust that the community is mature enough so that we can run it. Enough of the words, everything is stated in details in the rules. Have fun with a new tournament.

TOURNAMENT INFO

TOURNAMENT TYPE:
Single-elimination
A single-elimination tournament is a type of elimination tournament where the loser of each match-up is immediately eliminated from winning the tournament.

TOURNAMENT SIZE:
16 Teams
Please note that this is a first come first serve tournament so register as quickly as you can before the cap is hit of 16 teams of two players each for a total of 38 max players..

TOURNAMENT START DATE:
24th February

TOURNAMENT START TIME:
cya_1519488000.png

TOURNAMENT SERVER LOCATION:
UK 3 CH 5 / NA 3 CH 5

TOURNAMENT ROOM NAME:
2v2 Tournament Match#X

REGISTRATIONS CLOSING TIME:
23rd February

TOURNAMENT RULES

We have created a discord server for this tournament. If you want to take part, you have to register through it. The rules are stated on this Discord Server.
https://discord.gg/CZXQrRf

ALLOWED WEAPON LIST:
Stated on Discord

ROUNDS:
7 Rounds

PLANTING:
You can plant.

POSITION CAMPING:
You can camp.

MAP ROTATION

[/center][/td]
[/tr]

Round #

Maps

Round 1

Bio Facility

Round 2

Laboratory

Semifinals

Metro

Grand Finals

Hakenkreuz

[/Center]

ANTI-CHEAT

The actual Anti-Cheat rules are stated on Discord.
We still want to give credits here to the creator of one of those. MOSS.

STREAM

Actually we are in discussion with some potential streamers. We try to get 2 streams running the same time. We will announce our streamers on the discord.

Current Streamers:

OVERSEERS & ORGANIZERS

I want to thank the people that helped us with the organization.

ORGANIZERS
  • NobleBeast
  • Depado
  • Citru
  • Sparrow
  • Sanity
  • Moetaz

OVERSEERS
The following people are confirmed overseers.
  • Lastsky
  • Sparrow
  • Sanity
  • Moetaz

________________ PRIZES ________________

First Place

€70.00 each

Second Place

€35.00 each

Third Place

€20.00 each

MVP

€50.00

TOTAL PRIZE POOL: €300.00

Please note that in the event that less than 16 teams sign up for the tournament or fail to show up,
the prizes may be adjusted.

REGISTRATION & BRACKET INFO

REGISTRATION

To register for the tournament you have to join the discord. How to register is stated there.

BRACKET

We are using challonge.com as our bracket orginzation platform. The link to it will be stated on the discord.

We will be updating it with actual teams as they register on the thread.

The participating teams are entered into the brackets as they are registered but after the competition of the list, the seeds are randomized and thus, so are the match ups.

F.A.Q

QUESTION

ANSWER

Who is hosting this tournament?

Lastsky & JSparrow

These tournaments are great, is there a way I can contribute?

We're always looking for help so we can more efficiently run the tournaments. Furthermore, we're also looking for donations to help increase both the frequency of the tournaments and the prize pool. Contact us through the discord channel to see where and how you can fit into the picture.

Do I need a mic?

Not a requirement but it definitely helps and improves the communication between you and the overseer. Plus don't you want to communicate with your partner?

How long will the tournament last?

The tournament will finish within 1 day.

When will we get our rewards?

After the tournament has concluded and the winners have been decided. Maximum 1 week later.

Will only one game be played a time?

No, unfortunately to help speed up the tournament, up to 8 games will be run concurrently. We're limited on the quantity and quality of our streamers.

What weapons/items/characters am I allowed to use?

Everything is stated on the discord server about this theme.

My teammates dipped on me, can I change my partner?

You are free to change your partner up till the the registration close date which is the the day before the tournament matches begin.

What about subs, can I have a sub if my partner dips on the day of the match?

No.

I saw the schedule post below but how do I know what match number my match is?

One the registration is closed, the brackets will be uploaded. Your matchnumber will be obvios through this then.

[The thread is subject too further change if deemed necessary]

Comments