Rework the kick vote system

Since my last thread died and I don't want to revive it (With a slight tweak in points):

The kick vote system needs a rework, so I've come up with a couple of ideas.

Make it so if a player doesn't press F11 or F12, they don't count in the overall vote (The accept number may need tweaking)? The amount of times I've seen a kick get denied (And thus the hacker still playing) because people haven't bothered to press anything is ridiculous.

And/Or:

Maybe give veteran players more power in the vote system? Below is an example, though there are probably other ways of doing it.

Say for example Harry and Linda have been playing for 2 years. This would give them 14 points each.
Bill, Tony, and Frank have just joined, so they start with 10 points.
I've been playing for 8 years, so I have either 26 points, or possibly it caps at 20. I'll leave it to others to balance the points.

Anyway...

I have seen Bill using an aimbot, so I try and kick him. His friends Harry and Linda say no, and press F12. Of course Bill automatically says no. That's 38 points (10+14+14).
Tony and Frank want to see the hacker gone, so they press F11. I also automatically agree as I started the vote, and that makes 40 points (10+10+20). Even though the vote is 3-3, the players voting yes have more points, so the kick is accepted.
(Could display a percentage so it doesn't confuse players e.g. Yes: 51% ¦ No: 49%)

The numbers would need tweaking, and it doesn't look perfect, but it might help. I hope. Maybe people without honorable soldier get 2-4 less points?

This could potentially be a solution, and although I can see some of the veterans abusing it, I'd like to think that most of them would use it properly.

TLDR: The longer you play (or play clean) the more influence you have over the kick vote.

Comments

• +1 to the fact that the KVS needs reworked badly.

I'd be down with the idea that if people simply DON'T vote that they are removed from the pool of voters. Maybe create an 'No-vote' category. Then only yes and no votes get accredited for the kicks as the no votes simply don't care either way so they are leaving it in the hands of other players to decide. So say you have 16 players normally it takes 10 yes 6 no to kick. But let's say you have 4 people who simply didn't vote if it was a 9 to 9 vote normally that'd turn it to a 9 to 5 and result in a kick where normally it would not have been.

And while the idea of giving older accounts seems good. I'm not sure how I feel about it completely. Normally i believe in the 1 person 1 vote philosophy. But in this case if you think about it....if hackers are routinely getting banned then they won't be able to protect each other and most lower ranked and newer accounts are the ones who f12/ don't bother voting against hackers. So it would certainly make it more likely that hackers would get kicked. Besides I still feel that we really just need a more routine ramped up hack patrol force alongside an anti-cheat system that works effectively more than any of this.
  • I'd +1 to the no vote idea as well.
    If they couldn't be bothered to vote, it shouldn't be counted.
  • +1111 bunni have some great ideas. ^^
    • IGN Ezio
  • Since my last thread died and I don't want to revive it (With a slight tweak in points):

The kick vote system needs a rework, so I've come up with a couple of ideas.

Make it so if a player doesn't press F11 or F12, they don't count in the overall vote (The accept number may need tweaking)? The amount of times I've seen a kick get denied (And thus the hacker still playing) because people haven't bothered to press anything is ridiculous.

Yes. If they don't bother to vote then it should be up to the rest to kick or not.
    And/Or:

Maybe give veteran players more power in the vote system? Below is an example, though there are probably other ways of doing it.

Say for example Harry and Linda have been playing for 2 years. This would give them 14 points each.
    Bill, Tony, and Frank have just joined, so they start with 10 points.
    I've been playing for 8 years, so I have either 26 points, or possibly it caps at 20. I'll leave it to others to balance the points.

Anyway...

I have seen Bill using an aimbot, so I try and kick him. His friends Harry and Linda say no, and press F12. Of course Bill automatically says no. That's 38 points (10+14+14).
    Tony and Frank want to see the hacker gone, so they press F11. I also automatically agree as I started the vote, and that makes 40 points (10+10+20). Even though the vote is 3-3, the players voting yes have more points, so the kick is accepted.
    (Could display a percentage so it doesn't confuse players e.g. Yes: 51% ¦ No: 49%)

The numbers would need tweaking, and it doesn't look perfect, but it might help. I hope. Maybe people without honorable soldier get 2-4 less points?

This could potentially be a solution, and although I can see some of the veterans abusing it, I'd like to think that most of them would use it properly.

TLDR: The longer you play (or play clean) the more influence you have over the kick vote.

No. High ranks also hack, believe it or not. Or they have friends hacking for them. See ranked for more info.
  • That first part is not getting my attention too much, even though I kinda like it. I mean, the chances of a legit player getting kicked would get higher. You know, sometimes people not voting is what saves some legit players from getting kicked.

But issa +1 from me still. Anything to get hackers out.
  • well, +1 for this but keep in mind that high ranks also contain kids that will just act like the smiling faces and this is mainly because of the buying and selling accounts, it is illegal but we can't say that this doesn't happen , this idea will improve the kvs but not with a 100% but keeps a +1 .