People abusing the ZM Event? A way to fix that.

Just make them need an certain amount of points for that game to count.

So if they were just AFK they won't get any points right? Well then they ain't getting any points added to their event tracker then.

Just need to be a good amount of points that would involve you to play but not to try super hard cause not everyone will have VIP's and kills are shared between all the players.

also...
#2kposts

Comments

• the amount of points would have to be more than all rounds clears. (since you get LOTS of points from just surviving beyond a round) plus some. And THEN....the problem that happens is...what if you join part way through or more towards the end of a match? You might not clear the needed points despite playing legitimately so it requires you to play from the start and not join any matches. and while for this event most people are getting a crew together and just going at it from the start anyways. There are times when legit players join in the middle of a match.

I also think with this particular event there is of course another problem...due to the fact that you can get points towards the event without having to actually clear the map but on a per round clearing basis with just extra points for clearing...that means it's calculated at each round. so this zm points needed to have the event count would have to have a value for every round as well. still possible. just takes more work to calculate. we won't be seeing it this event....but maybe in a similar event in the future.

Though it would certainly be SOMETHING that could help with the abuse and legit players probably wouldn't care too much about the issue of joining in late potentially meaning you don't get any points.
  • Just had another thought:

Previous events have tracked zombie kills, so why not detect if they've killed less than, say, 10 zombies per round?
  • Ixith wrote: »
    the amount of points would have to be more than all rounds clears. (since you get LOTS of points from just surviving beyond a round) plus some. And THEN....the problem that happens is...what if you join part way through or more towards the end of a match? You might not clear the needed points despite playing legitimately so it requires you to play from the start and not join any matches. and while for this event most people are getting a crew together and just going at it from the start anyways. There are times when legit players join in the middle of a match.

I also think with this particular event there is of course another problem...due to the fact that you can get points towards the event without having to actually clear the map but on a per round clearing basis with just extra points for clearing...that means it's calculated at each round. so this zm points needed to have the event count would have to have a value for every round as well. still possible. just takes more work to calculate. we won't be seeing it this event....but maybe in a similar event in the future.

Though it would certainly be SOMETHING that could help with the abuse and legit players probably wouldn't care too much about the issue of joining in late potentially meaning you don't get any points.

You couldn't make this a bit more shorter cuase I am just seeing a bunch of extra words with the needed points...

Anywho let's see if I can get the points out of this letter soup.
    Ixith wrote: »
    the amount of points would have to be more than all rounds clears.

Well of course. At least 10% more than.
    what if you join part way through or more towards the end of a match?
    The round you join on could lower the needed points for the match to count. Let's say it was 1000 from Wave 1 to Wave 15 but you joined in Wave 8 then it could be 550. Something like that.

You lost me here man, sorry lol. But I think you are talking about this event can't be changed now which is true so it will be done for the next event that does the same concept.

If I like skipped over something just repost it again and i'll state my point towards it.
    Just had another thought:

Previous events have tracked zombie kills, so why not detect if they've killed less than, say, 10 zombies per round?

Nahhhhh trust me sometimes your team can clean up house way more quicker than you. Like on Round 1, I may get like 4 or 5 kills since there are 3 or 4 other people just dominating the match knowing the spawn off by heart.

I guess later rounds it would work but i'll rather not see this cause this would just cause more anger knowing you played that whole match but didn't get the right amount of kills for the match to be counted.
  • Just make them need an certain amount of points for that game to count.

So if they were just AFK they won't get any points right? Well then they ain't getting any points added to their event tracker then.

Just need to be a good amount of points that would involve you to play but not to try super hard cause not everyone will have VIP's and kills are shared between all the players.

also...
    #2kposts

That wont help at all sadly. You do get points after each round and if you have enough VIPs... last time I found a afk botter in ZM3, he was 2nd place the whole game while I was 1st. The other players were actually playing but the afk guy still was 2nd.

(I think this would be the short version of what Zalstis said)
    Just had another thought:

Make that 10 kills per whole game and it would be a brilliant idea. Afk botters look at the sky/up only(from what I encountered), so they wouldnt exactly kill anyone, not even the flying mutated rats in zm3 deadly tower.
  • svanced wrote: »
    That wont help at all sadly. You do get points after each round and if you have enough VIPs... last time I found a afk botter in ZM3, he was 2nd place the whole game while I was 1st. The other players were actually playing but the afk guy still was 2nd.

(I think this would be the short version of what Zalstis said)

Make that 10 kills per whole game and it would be a brilliant idea. Afk botters look at the sky/up only(from what I encountered), so they wouldnt exactly kill anyone, not even the flying mutated rats in zm3 deadly tower.

the amount of points would have to be more than all rounds clears.
    Well of course. At least 10% more than.

And there's your answer.
  • The thing is, I'm assuming they see the most points scored so why won't they see their activity and how they achieve the points rather than make EVERYONE suffer? I just don't understand, did they expect everyone to do this without exploits? .. :mad:

Add a note at the day the event thread will go live saying "Event abusers will get consequences" and that's it.
  • Trust me everyone, if you got a reason why this won't work I will defintely have a reply for it.

I didn't put all the Pros and Cons in the post since I was trying to make sure no one stole my idea.

So.... BRING ON THE QUESTIONS AND REASONS WHY THIS WON'T WORK.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    The thing is, I'm assuming they see the most points scored so why won't they see their activity and how they achieve the points rather than make EVERYONE suffer? I just don't understand, did they expect everyone to do this without exploits? .. :mad:

Very true. Everyone except get's exploited but I am guessing they had to find a way to stop things on this event since people exploited it could end up getting 1 million free crates and still not win and end up complaining in the Support Tickets.
  • And there's your answer.

Wouldnt Bunni's idea work but with 10 kills for the whole match? Afk'ers shouldnt even get 1 one kill, let alone 10. Also if found that they would kill 10 zombies in, lets say, the first round and then go back to idle for the whole game, they could make the rule of 1 zm kill per round otherwise you would not get any points for that round. It should be impossible to not kill at least 1 zombie per round and they couldnt stay afk forever otherwise they wouldnt get points.
  • svanced wrote: »
    Wouldnt Bunni's idea work but with 10 kills for the whole match? Afk'ers shouldnt even get 1 one kill, let alone 10. Also if found that they would kill 10 zombies in, lets say, the first round and then go back to idle for the whole game, they could make the rule of 1 zm kill per round otherwise you would not get any points for that round. It should be impossible to not kill at least 1 zombie per round and they couldnt stay afk forever otherwise they wouldnt get points.

I think just incase you somehow don't killed any zombies SOMEHOW, it should be about how much damage you put in that round. Playing with people with ZM God Tier weapons tend to get all the kills even if it's 1 zombie you need just incase it would best to do damage.

Plus 1 kill can easily be done and then you can go to doing your makeup IRL until the next round starts.

I just don't feel like it's right in the centre for the players, some may have a easy chance getting a kill and some may not. I have had times on Round 1 that I haven't gotten a single kill.
  • Just play with your friends some players use bots thinking that the points will count for them they need to buy new brains. xd
    #Congrats for 2k posts.
    • IGN Ezio
  • Just play with your friends some players use bots thinking that the points will count for them they need to buy new brains. xd
    #Congrats for 2k posts.

It counts.

Issa +1 from me, though.
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    It counts.

Issa +1 from me, though.

Not fair. :(
    • IGN Ezio
  • Not fair. :(

I know right. That's why I made this suggestion.

END ALL EVENT RUINERS.
  • Maybe the GMs were talking about players legitimately playing the game, but too much, and they aren't prepared to give away like 400 crates.
    Some players played 20 hours a day, and well it's a bad business strategy for a game to give away that many crates. Anyway playing too much is also a form of abuse.
  • Stop making stupid events, what kind of stupid event was the previous one: "Play 5 Refinery SnD games to get 1 crate, maximum 5 crates a day". Who the hell has time to play 5 SnD games during schooldays? I go to school, hit the gym and then you expect me to play 5 SnD games for 1 crate? Ofcourse I'm gonna farm/abuse it, if I can. Aka make a room for 2 people and one of them leaves the room immediately 25x and enjoy 5 crates.

tl;dr: make easier events, ty.
  • ghoster1 wrote: »
    Maybe the GMs were talking about players legitimately playing the game, but too much, and they aren't prepared to give away like 400 crates.
    Some players played 20 hours a day, and well it's a bad business strategy for a game to give away that many crates. Anyway playing too much is also a form of abuse.

I don't think it's a bad business strategy at all. You are getting more active players out of it and that's what you want, an active community. And they already said it was done because of exploiters. I think they would happy to give out millions of crates if they were earnt the right way, by playing their game for so long.
    aLpha932 wrote: »
    Stop making stupid events, what kind of stupid event was the previous one: "Play 5 Refinery SnD games to get 1 crate, maximum 5 crates a day". Who the hell has time to play 5 SnD games during schooldays? I go to school, hit the gym and then you expect me to play 5 SnD games for 1 crate? Ofcourse I'm gonna farm/abuse it, if I can. Aka make a room for 2 people and one of them leaves the room immediately 25x and enjoy 5 crates.

Never thought of that idea when the event was around lol.

Well most events nowadays do the whole TIME factor which is stupid. ( Should of seen in the first Bingo Event which wanted people to play like 48 hours or something more to get some free bingo spins )

I hate those events since it's just focusing me to play but it must look good on their side since it means the community is more active.
  • aLpha932 wrote: »
    Stop making stupid events, what kind of stupid event was the previous one: "Play 5 Refinery SnD games to get 1 crate, maximum 5 crates a day". Who the hell has time to play 5 SnD games during schooldays? I go to school, hit the gym and then you expect me to play 5 SnD games for 1 crate? Ofcourse I'm gonna farm/abuse it, if I can. Aka make a room for 2 people and one of them leaves the room immediately 25x and enjoy 5 crates.

I agree. Should've been 2 games imo. That woulda been a sweet event.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    I agree. Should've been 2 games imo. That woulda been a sweet event.

1 game = 1 crate would of been nice

Just gotta limit it of course.
  • I don't think it's a bad business strategy at all. You are getting more active players out of it and that's what you want, an active community. And they already said it was done because of exploiters. I think they would happy to give out millions of crates if they were earnt the right way, by playing their game for so long.

I'd agree with this idea when it's something that's not as desirable mainly but also if it hasn't been released previously. But giving out unlimited amounts of ZM Special crates could effectively kill people buying ZP to try to win an anti-zombie primary weapon which is one of the big weapons people always want a perm version of in things outside of the crate itself. People don't spin those crates either, generally, for the other weapon in them. At the same time though...if the crate isn't popular or doesn't have a nice reward then people won't no life the events for it either.
    Though if they were to say come out with a new crate that they don't put in the ZP BM and release it for the event and it has something that people know is nice in it. Then people will still no life the event and they aren't losing on existing potential profit as it wasn't added for immediate monetary gain via the BM but rather for the purpose of solidifying player satisfaction which could eventually lead to players feeling more willing to spend if other things were to be done to improve conditions. This idea would also lessen the blow of people farming/abusing to win existing weapons from the event as they aren't getting anything that other people already have but had paid for to get it.
    It really comes to the fact that they should have had the foresight to put a cap on the rewards from the beginning or perhaps throttled the rewards down after a certain point limit is hit. Say up to X amount of ZM Special crates and then you would start earning Crate2 which could be something like GM crates or discontinued weapon crates.

I do wish they'd have crates like the GM crates but with something that isn't spectacular but is unique and have at least 1 permanent in it that they'd dish out for events in larger quantities than in some of these events where they do like the rise and refine...5 games for 1 crate...instead it could be more realistic and be 1 game for 1 crate up to a certain amount with event rules that block out farming as much as possible. The design of this style of crate release would be give-aways/events that bolster player confidence in the game since it wouldn't be crates in small quantities for something that takes a good bit of time to do it legit and yet still have the chance to get something decent/unique permanently out of them.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    I'd agree with this idea when it's something that's not as desirable mainly but also if it hasn't been released previously. But giving out unlimited amounts of ZM Special crates could effectively kill people buying ZP to try to win an anti-zombie primary weapon which is one of the big weapons people always want a perm version of in things outside of the crate itself. People don't spin those crates either, generally, for the other weapon in them. At the same time though...if the crate isn't popular or doesn't have a nice reward then people won't no life the events for it either.
    Though if they were to say come out with a new crate that they don't put in the ZP BM and release it for the event and it has something that people know is nice in it. Then people will still no life the event and they aren't losing on existing potential profit as it wasn't added for immediate monetary gain via the BM but rather for the purpose of solidifying player satisfaction which could eventually lead to players feeling more willing to spend if other things were to be done to improve conditions. This idea would also lessen the blow of people farming/abusing to win existing weapons from the event as they aren't getting anything that other people already have but had paid for to get it.
    It really comes to the fact that they should have had the foresight to put a cap on the rewards from the beginning or perhaps throttled the rewards down after a certain point limit is hit. Say up to X amount of ZM Special crates and then you would start earning Crate2 which could be something like GM crates or discontinued weapon crates.

I do wish they'd have crates like the GM crates but with something that isn't spectacular but is unique and have at least 1 permanent in it that they'd dish out for events in larger quantities than in some of these events where they do like the rise and refine...5 games for 1 crate...instead it could be more realistic and be 1 game for 1 crate up to a certain amount with event rules that block out farming as much as possible. The design of this style of crate release would be give-aways/events that bolster player confidence in the game since it wouldn't be crates in small quantities for something that takes a good bit of time to do it legit and yet still have the chance to get something decent/unique permanently out of them.

Once again... too much words.

All I can get from this is that people will be annoyed to have spent so much money on the ZM Crates cause people would get it for free from this event? I guess you are right. Maybe your point of them using another new crate would work better or a crate that isn't around right now.

GM's suck and you know they do. It's just a bunch of temp weapons NO ONE WANTS THEM it's just nice as a small gift but to work for them? Nah I am good.

A crate like the GM crate but with one permanent? I guess that's alright...

Okay now you've lost me lol.