[Detailed] Patrol Group

2»

Comments

• Sorry but I see some players not being able to understand or read the first post, noone has the power to ban anyone they like, the replays are still viewed by GM like it happens now, the only difference is replays from that selected group of people have PRIORITY before the other replays sent by regular players.

In theory it sounds like a good idea but there are a lot of things you need to flesh out.

This is what you need to work on.

1. If the IGN is typed wrong, we ban the wrong player. It happens, everyone is human, but now someone has been wrongfully banned and they have to go through an appeal process. This could cut into their event time, and ultimately could have been avoided if we just double checked.

uhm, all you, the GM's, have to do is check the IGN in the replay, if a IGN is mispelled by 1-2 letters it shouldnt matter because you can see the actual IGN in the replay.Unless you happen to have "blair" and "bIair" in the same replay and you said "blair" is the hacker when "bIair" is the actual one (one name has lowercase L and the other one has uppercase i )

2. Not all hacks are obvious, like aim hacks. This could easily be a more skilled player.

true but atm there's so many blatant hacks other than aim hacks

3. The strike system is a bit ineffective? You submit a false report, they get banned. This person who has been wrongfully banned tries to appeal. The only problem is, there are many other people appealing as well. (See below)

Except its not ineffective at all. If you do submit a false/wrong report, noone gets banned wrongfully because you, the GM's are viewing the replay and deciding whether to ban or not based on what you SAW on the replay , if the submitter was wrong he only gets a strike..

4. I believe with the appeal process, you will see an equal amount of reports to appeals. Why? Because everyone will claim they have been falsely banned. If they have a chance to get their account unbanned, they will try it. Then it goes back to the GMs looking through all the replays.

IDK why there is a appeal process in the first place, how are banned players gonna know they've been banned through this patrol group thing and not normally

I like the idea of a patrol group but I think it would be better if the GMs were to play a larger role in this.

what role is larger other than having the final decision on the ban? Honestly now. As I said in the beggining of my post, the only thing this group thing does is PRIORITIZE the replay's order, thats all

+1

Also yes this has been suggested by many players in the past under different variations, one of them being mine

(i tried to originally post and it said "request cancelled" and was showing a ID ? )
  • I cannot agree with this, because you can't ensure that everyone in that group will be fair, Some people might be honest and vigilant, But some others will just abuse it because they can, It would be better if we leave it to the GMs entirely. Both Kanadian and Lasagnya stated good points, In short words, as good as it sounds, it'll end up abused at the end.

Plus we're only players and it's just a game, It's not our job to decide who gets banned and who's not, It's the GMs job and there's an anticheat as well. and They're capable of handling everything. There might be a huge delay from their side, but eventually they'll get it done. Hopefully.
  • I think the majority of the players haven't read the first post properly.

It will start off with 1-2 MODs and if successful and if the GMs seem fit to increase the numbers in the group, then only applications will open up for everyone else, if not applications then hand picked by the GMs. This group will be a small group and will not go above 5 members unless something changes in the near future.
  • [MOD]Abel wrote: »
    I think the majority of the players haven't read the first post properly.

It will start off with 1-2 MODs and if successful and if the GMs seem fit to increase the numbers in the group, then only applications will open up for everyone else, if not applications then hand picked by the GMs. This group will be a small group and will not go above 5 members unless something changes in the near future.

I didn't read the whole thread but if its like svanced said "the only thing this group thing does is PRIORITIZE the replay's order, thats all " then +1 I don't see the problem because GM's are still the ones who handle the ban hammer.
    I think the majority of the players haven't read the first post properly.

I don't know, man. I once posted a video of a speed hacker in FFA about four months ago when this whole hackfest started. I wasn't aware that posting that video counted as promoting hacks, so it got deleted. The mod who deleted it didn't state any reason so I pm'ed him and asked very politely to at least give reason for deleting the thread. He first said that "I've only deleted the thread, if you'd rather want an infraction too, I can make it happen." Then after threatening me of infraction, in the second line he explained the reason for deleting the thread.

The point is that mods or not, even a little power may make some to lose their wit. That mod could have simply done his job and stated the reason for deleting my thread. But instead he thought that adding a threat would make him look powerful and all. Needless to say, I explained to him very politely that the last thing I care about now is getting infracted on an internet forum. :) This post isn't against any rules, so please don't delete it.
  • Based on the GM/Player feedback, I have decided to remove the 'Appeal Process' and the 'Strike System'.

Please review the changes.
    Based on the GM/Player feedback, I have decided to remove the 'Appeal Process' and the 'Strike System'.

Please review the changes.

I hope after all this feedback and the changes made to the original post the GMs will take a closer look at this. Again, good job abel :)